Author Topic: Short arming vs short nordic  (Read 451 times)

Offline spiritus

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Spiritus_de_Deceptio ---- Beeep
Short arming vs short nordic
« on: December 13, 2014, 08:30:22 pm »
+1
Mw nordic has 26p 33 c while the arming has 30 p 31c, 2 more cut for four pierce doesnt seem balanced and is probably why more people use the arming sword. Suggested stats is just that you buff the cut or pierce of the by 1 or 2.

Offline Admerius

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Many Admerius-es and many alts(Total of 32 chars)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereignty of Aegis for life!(aka. multi-claning)
  • Game nicks: My top three nicks: Scum, William_Spearshake, Dedrater)
Re: Short arming vs short nordic
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 04:37:43 pm »
Something needs to be done with the "Nordic short sword"
It's almost pointless compared to "Short nordic war sword" the only difference is that it is cheaper and 2 less cut.

Buffing its damage might not be the right way to go, I would prefer making it even cheaper and perhaps 1 point less in speed making it the "(one of) the worst but cheapest shortsword"

Edit1: I'm a proud owner of a +3 nordic short sword and it has lost all its appeal, from 0 str req to 9 :(

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 05:37:43 pm »
+1 pierce at most, otherwise it invalidates the Nomad Sabre. Fast swings, decent reach for a short sword, decent damage all around, etc. Nordic weapons have more well-rounded damage (24p is not weak at all), while the arming sword has a weak swing and good stab.

"Nordic Short Sword" is good for its price. It's a 103 speed short sword with only below average pierce damage. Not bad when 3/4 of your attacks are better than many of the more expensive short swords.

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 08:43:27 pm »
If you think that sword is bad, pay more than triple the amount for a Wakizashi which is a worse weapon than the Nordic Short Sword.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

11 less length, 2 less pierce, for 2 more cut and 1 speed...oh and at only a small payment of over triple the price! lol
The Wakizashi use to have 4 difficulty too, now it is as much difficulty as a Katana, for some reason.

2 pierce beats 2 cut, and 11 length beats 1 speed any day. There really is no justification for the Wakizashi's price. And to bring up that import shit is ridiculous, considering strange armor, katanas, nodachis, bamboo spears, etc are all balanced around a reasonable price for their stats.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 05:29:13 am »
I value cut over pierce at middle level pierce damage, even at most, since swings account for 3/4 directions and have less stun when blocked. You can spam swings with a wakizashi very effectively, leaving little room for a further buff. It's just more expensive with the exotic item tax. It's balanced vs the Italian Falchion for power vs speed.

I think 1 speed is close to 5-6 length, but going from 103 to 104 is a large increase well above the average weapon speed, compared to something like 92->93 speed. The further your increase above the average in damage and speed, the more it's weighted. That's also why the stabby 1h's below average swing damage gives these weapons a suitable weakness. They're amazing vs light armor, but are close to 1D weapons vs heavier armor.

With the ability to create builds such as 9-39, I think difficulties are still a bit too low, lol (and for many other equipment). I think strength 9 and below should just be daggers only with short swords and peasant gear starting at 12 and light non-peasant weapons of other classes at 15.