Author Topic: Soft cap on garrisoned troops  (Read 558 times)

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
Soft cap on garrisoned troops
« on: January 08, 2011, 10:00:23 pm »
Hey guys Crassius here with another suggestion! Oh joy right?

This time I'm suggesting some kind of limit on the number of troops you can keep garrisoned in one town/castle/village. This would encourage the taking of fiefs to have and hold larger armys, and the actual using of said armys! Right now you can just build and build army's until they reach extraordinarily high numbers (do you pay upkeep for garrisoned troops? Well even so with enough gold we could theoretically see 500k vs 500k troops quite soon). I'm here to offer a remedy to that solution troop upkeep helps but doesn't solve this problem.

Soft cap scenario:
lets say A village garrison can't support more than 2k troops* and some throws in 3k* troops into said village they will lose a %* of their total troop count until they are once again under 2k* troops. We can says this is due to starvation, poor morale, cramped quarters, desertion, sickness, infections, plagues, disease, old age, SIDS, AIDS, the clap, construction accidents, overdose, ect ect...This would apply to castles and towns as well.

Thoughts suggestions criticism? Some one should throw out some reasonable sounding numbers as well i just made shit up *shrug*

*(values subject to debate) 

« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 10:55:53 pm by Fallen_CrassiusV2 »
On it.