Author Topic: VKMR: Black Desert Online  (Read 20690 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1059
  • Infamy: 2264
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: VKMR: Black Desert Online
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2014, 12:07:39 am »
Unsure yet :) Personally hope it's going to be B2P or P2P, because we all know how Korean F2Ps with cash shops go.

Chinese and Russian MMORPGs are way worse imho (Allods Online being the worst example of P2P I've seen). Also SWTOR isn't any better, considering that you won't get anywhere before you give them at least 20 euros.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2014, 12:15:06 am »
Yeah some western releases have pretty horrible cash shops as well. I guess this is just the general way MMOs are going nowadays :(

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2014, 02:46:41 pm »
anyway is this going to be like archage where we're talking about a game that won't come to west market until 5 years later?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2014, 03:30:53 pm »
anyway is this going to be like archage where we're talking about a game that won't come to west market until 5 years later?

EU/NA publisher is already known - it's Daum, which is the same publisher as in Korea, so this is going to be interesting. Expected release early 2016 for EU/NA, so it's definitely going to happen. In fact, it's been said that the english client is already being worked on in 2013.

The Korean devs (Pearl Abyss) talk to the west here and there, so it's probably not going to come out too late. Usually Korean devs just ignore west, not these ones though.

Russian version of the game is going to have a friends and family beta starting at 2nd December I heard, so that's good news as well.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 03:40:41 pm by Vibe »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2014, 08:14:57 pm »
Characters looks like hentai/anime characters. World and buildings and what not looks like random AAA HD Game.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2014, 09:12:32 am »
Supposedly, Korean Open Beta starts 2nd December, lasts for 10 days then immediately after the game releases. RU Closed Beta begins early 2015, with release Q1 2015.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 09:35:46 am by Vibe »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2014, 11:41:14 am »
Combat looks like DC Universe :S

And where are the cat people? I thought you said this was Korean?

This is a rare occasion where lolis or cat people are not included, let's not ask for them.
Is combat like DC Universe bad? I quite liked DCUO combat for an MMO (well, the release version, I heard it was changed a bit later).

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2014, 12:20:47 pm »
May have been changed after my time too.

Tbh, DCUO was actually one of the more fun and skill-based combat systems i've encountered in an MMO, with blocks being carefully timed to deflect damage and attacks designed to break the guard. Drogbatime and me grinded to max level and trolled the shit out of various superhero bases, then Vermilion started and dueled Drogba (when Vermi was really low level) and he nearly won through well timed blocks alone. In that sense it was really good.

Just funny to see that combat system again after so long. If it gets western release without cat-people i may give it a shot.

Yeah, DCUO combat actually required some skill, with active blocking and block breaking, it was fun. This seems to be about the same, being action combat and all. At least the warrior class (the one with shield) seems to have an active block and in GvG/siege videos you can actually see shield walls forming. Check here:

"To clarify, having your shield up drains your stamina. Actively blocking drains your stamina even faster. So once you end up without stamina, you stop raising your shield and blocking. Stamina is the white little bar that you see running out."

There also seem to be grabs and knockdowns which will spice up the combat.

As for Black Desert races:
Currently there are three confirmed races in Black Desert: Human, Elf, and Giant. Two classes under discussion of the development team are Dwarf and Hobbit, but they have not been implemented. It is unclear at this time if classes will be race-restricted.

So they're not going the usual KR route with races, at least.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 12:32:19 pm by Vibe »

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2014, 10:40:09 pm »

I can't even tell whats going on in that video lol.

Offline Gatsby

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Goffredo; Montfort
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2014, 11:46:10 am »
Looking for this mmo since first kr beta, not hyped but at least hopeful to have a decent game with some peculiar and intriguing features.
Ru/Western versions should't come too late compared with eastern, and that's a good point, i just hope in some changes like less visual effects or at least possibility to turn them down.
What i don't like at all is the potions spam, cd looks too short to me and i fear the in game shop p2w potions stacks...anyway i wait untill will be clear which kind of shop there will be in game and if it's gonna be a b2p or p2p..or worst scenario f2p(p2w) to play it.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2014, 12:06:03 pm »
Looking for this mmo since first kr beta, not hyped but at least hopeful to have a decent game with some peculiar and intriguing features.
Ru/Western versions should't come too late compared with eastern, and that's a good point, i just hope in some changes like less visual effects or at least possibility to turn them down.
What i don't like at all is the potions spam, cd looks too short to me and i fear the in game shop p2w potions stacks...anyway i wait untill will be clear which kind of shop there will be in game and if it's gonna be a b2p or p2p..or worst scenario f2p(p2w) to play it.

Yeah, not too hyped myself either. Slightly excited to see what comes out of this would be a good description. I've learned my lesson not to get too hyped with Korean MMOs.

Anyway, Korean Open Beta beings 17th Dec 2014. You need some iPin (korean thing) to enter the beta, supposedly there's a way for western people to get it, I'll wait for someone to confirm if it works with Black Desert.

Btw, here is a nice big list of pros and cons of Black Desert (up to and including Closed Beta 3 release):
http://blackdesertonline.jeuxonline.info/AvL-Black-Desert-Review.htm

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2014, 09:39:25 am »
It seems that Black Desert is coming out in West much earlier than expected!

Yes, it’s true. Black Desert is coming much earlier than excpected to the European and North Amerikan market. Daum Games CEO Sean Hong announced on a press conference that their goal is to bring Black Desert to the western market in the first half of the next year. Brian Oh from Pearl Abyss also confirmed this to us today. The reason why Daum is bringing the Game to the Europe and North America premature is probably the positive feedback and hype from the western community. Daum is actually a korean publisher, but they decided to expand to the west because they couldn’t find a suitable publisher in EU/NA for Black Desert. Since Daum is publishing the game in Korea as well, we can assume than Black Desert is going to be a Free2Play Title, just like in Korea. Let’s hope that Daum can meet the appointed day.

http://black-desert.com/news/daum-to-bring-black-desert-next-year-to-the-western-market/

Just to add, game is launching with 4 classes and there's supposed to be 9 total, and the other 5 will come with updates.

(click to show/hide)

For those that have seen gameplay videos and think they're a bit nauseating due to all those screen shakes (because they are), there's apparently an option to turn all those shakes off.
For some extra info, RU client is rumored to have an english language option as well.

Extra video, side features for OBT:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 10:49:47 am by Vibe »

Offline Gatsby

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Goffredo; Montfort
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2014, 12:41:51 pm »
NooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo f2p NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2014, 01:47:25 pm »

lol that horse archer from 43sec.

M:BG needs to implement some horse kicks too...

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2014, 08:52:03 am »