Author Topic: We've got a (HUGE FUCKING) problem here (updated)  (Read 7459 times)

Offline Lyozsha

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Razacz, WolfOfTheDeepWood
Re: We've got a (HUGE FUCKING) problem here (updated)
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2014, 10:23:11 pm »
I think a better "kickstarter" would be to find programmers and artists willing to work off of dedication, rather than money.     In the end it's just another game, and nobody wants to spend that much money on entertainment that may or may not exist.

I would never in a million years donate anything to computerized technology that becomes antiquated in less than a decade. 

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2014, 10:24:44 pm »
+2
Kickstarter is not about donation. You probably didnt understand it. Kickstarter makes you buy the game if you put at least 21$ into it. The game will not be as cheap as that once its released. Higher pledge amounts give you extra stuff, such as alpha/beta access, more copies or ingame stuff.

And no, it's not just another game. It's a game we in the crpg community always wanted.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Lyozsha

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Razacz, WolfOfTheDeepWood
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2014, 10:59:15 pm »
Kickstarter is not about donation. You probably didnt understand it. Kickstarter makes you buy the game if you put at least 21$ into it. The game will not be as cheap as that once its released. Higher pledge amounts give you extra stuff, such as alpha/beta access, more copies or ingame stuff.

And no, it's not just another game. It's a game we in the crpg community always wanted.

Yes I understand what a kickstarter is.  I also understand what alpha and beta is. 
So I've come to the conclusion that paying just to be "the first" to play is a waste, and exploitation of human greed.
What extra do we get?  A few bits and bytes, something fancy to look at.

There are only so many people within the c-rpg community.  It is a mod for another game.   It does not appeal to anyone else.
Battleground Europe is a good example of a dwindling community.

I've been playing c-rpg for a while now.  Who do I see in the servers?   Always the same few characters, played by the same few people.   
If those are the only people that fund the game,  the game is going to have a ("Huge Fucking Problem")
Viewing the trailers from this game,  a newcomer could suspect  a "War of the Roses" knockoff.  "Chivalry" knockoff.

It is screamingly obviously why funding will discontinue.   

Paying for alphas, betas, in-game content, etc is no longer innovative like it was before people realized you don't actually get much from it.   All it's good for is making yourself feel like you've done something good.
Although it is just a game.     

Offline Franke

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Franke_HRE and Frankes_STF_HRE
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2014, 10:59:23 pm »
+3
What's the point of updating this thread every 2 days? QQing won't fix anything. This crpg rule does not apply to the outside world.
Quote from: Tindel
In teamspeak i like to hear all of your opinions on; beer and alcohol, chocolate chip cookies, social problems and their solutions, massmurderers, why ranged should burn in hell, hating on new maps, hating on old maps.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2014, 11:02:34 pm »
+1
This crpg rule does not apply to the outside world.

The what?
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login