Author Topic: So we started the kickstarter campaign...  (Read 7362 times)

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: So we started the kickstarter campaign...
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2014, 08:12:13 pm »
+6
i was going to try and advertise melee battlegrounds in some of the communites i frequent ..

.. but it turns out i'm regarded as an untrustworthy troll in every single one so ..

it probably wouldn't help the situation if i did :D
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline RobertOfDrugsley

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ANGST
  • Game nicks: ANGST_Robert_of_Drugsley, ANGST_Waldorph_the_Salad, ANGST_Monkey_Fling_Poo
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2014, 11:54:18 am »
I didn't give for the first crowdfunding two years ago

Yeah, lol, NoScript made it a complete secret to me until time ran out. Anyhow, I should be ready to do some landlording now!
I find the idea of defending someone who isn't been violently raped unacceptable on moral grounds.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2014, 12:36:27 pm »
i was going to try and advertise melee battlegrounds in some of the communites i frequent ..

.. but it turns out i'm regarded as an untrustworthy troll in every single one so ..

it probably wouldn't help the situation if i did :D
Sure it would, if you manage to stop being Corsair long enough to present a dry and properly formatted bit of information containing links to the Kickstarter and videos, people would appreciate its information without your reputation staining it. Just repress all impulses to put in smiley faces and make poor jokes and it will be fine.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2014, 12:47:11 pm »
Just use the press kit post w/o any editing besides formatting :P
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2014, 01:15:10 pm »
+3
It might be good to produce a short video recorded from a "mock battle" type thing. Pick some historical conflict fitting the time-period(s) and have those folk on each side wear themed, but still unique (to each individual player) gear. Make people think "damn girl, I could get up in that 100 years' war with all my friends(lol)"

In addition, it may be useful when inevitable comparisons to warband come up (I have seen posted on comments that the game appears to be a high-budget warband mod with a few new features) to explain just how different cRPG is from "warband". When the average gamin' joe thinks of Warband, he'll bring to mind single-player mounted bot-slaughtering and rudimentary kingdom management. Yeah, single-player warband can be neat, but I think it could be helpful if people understand just how different the experience (likely neglecting to mention more notable cases of jackassery) of cRPG is from what most people think of as "warband".

regards,

no-talent Sandersson "the idea guy" Amadeus Jankins

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 02:58:27 pm by Sandersson Jankins »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2014, 01:51:42 pm »
+1
It might be good to produce a short video recorded from a "mock battle" type thing. Pick some historical conflict fitting the time-period(s) and have those folk on each side wear themed, but still unique (to each individual player) gear. Make people think "damn girl, I could get up in that 100 years' war with all my friends(lol)"

In addition, it may be useful when inevitable comparisons to warband come up (I have seen posted on comments that the game appears to be a high-budget warband mod with a few new features) to explain just how different cRPG is from "warband". When the average gamin' joe thinks of Warband, he'll bring to mind single-player mounted bot-slaughtering and rudimentary kingdom management. Yeah, single-player warband can be neat, but I think it could be helpful if people understand just how different the experience (likely neglecting to mention more notable cases of jackassery) of cRPG is from what most people think of as "warband".

regards,

no-talent Sandersson "the idea guy" Amadeus Jankins

Hey, your middle name is Amadeus? Mine too!

eyyyyyy

lmao