Author Topic: Melee: Battlegrounds Crowdfunding - Name Reservation Reward  (Read 9425 times)

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
Re: Melee: Battlegrounds Crowdfunding - Name Reservation Reward
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2014, 04:58:21 pm »
+4
What about clan names? Imagine if some ultra serious my old friends were to use the Krems name, all our years of hard work would be ruined   :cry:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2014, 05:36:57 pm »
+10
First world problems.

Offline Hellsing

• Count
  • Renown: 209
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2014, 05:43:10 pm »
+1
How about:
don't let people reserve names so everyone can try choosing his/her nickname on start like usual?
I know this won't make donations more attractive, but you don't have to handle crybabies.
Also a name doesn't make you become that person, srsly who has not more than one nickname?  :rolleyes:.
It's a completly different game guys, focus on more important stuff than this, nuff said.

Idea:
  • Force players to select firstname and familyname.
  • Familynames are restricted, so they are only selectable once.
  • Add a function entering clantag.
  • Add a function so players can select where the clantag will be added (clantag firstname familyname; firstname familyname clantag; firstname clantag familyname)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 05:48:03 pm by Spanky_Ham »

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2014, 07:49:08 pm »
I find it stupid how much people want to be rewarded for having played cRPG in a completely stand-alone game, especially if they lacked the decency to fork over 50 or even 15 euro's at the start of all this. cRPG players should not enjoy any rights over pledgers coming from other games, why the fuck should they? You played a free mod, good job, get over it. Good way to alienate complete newcomers. I believe the intention is to have a whole lot more people take an interest in this game than this inbred little community of 2000 players.

So you "find it stupid how people want to be rewarded for playing crpg" since it is nothing but a free mod, and then you preach that "crpg players shouldn't enjoy any rights over complete newcomers." And you are saying this, all the while having a little badge that signifies you threw some money chadz's way which gives you the ability to "enjoy some rights" that someone who didn't play crpg can't. Alright buddy... you make total sense.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2014, 09:09:04 pm »
+1
I enjoy rights on the basis of throwing money chadz's way, not on the basis of being a cRPG player. Now of course the opportunity to throw money chadz's way was only presented to cRPG players, for obvious reasons, but that is beside the point. Anyone should enjoy rights on the basis of his contribution to the project. Whether you played 3000 hours of cRPG or 3000 hours of Tetris, if you do a 20 euro pledge for the Kickstarter, you make the exact same contribution and should therefore receive the same rewards. Which includes getting similar priority and service when it comes to reserving names.

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2014, 09:15:50 pm »
+9

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2014, 09:21:01 pm »
+6
So Teeth you think this community contributed nothing by playing this mod for 4+ years, giving feedback, whine, the good and the bad. I see us more as 4 year beta testers than anything else, much was learned from both sides game balance wise, animation wise, map wise... I say we did contribute. But that said I don't think we're the chosen kind and devs should cater to us, but a name is no big deal.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline oguz

• Baron
  • Renown: 104
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: oguz
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2014, 09:40:33 pm »
whatever you make.make levels more imported like old crpg. not new player friendly  :mad:

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2014, 09:41:34 pm »
+5
So Teeth you think this community contributed nothing by playing this mod for 4+ years, giving feedback, whine, the good and the bad. I see us more as 4 year beta testers than anything else, much was learned from both sides game balance wise, animation wise, map wise... I say we did contribute. But that said I don't think we're the chosen kind and devs should cater to us, but a name is no big deal.
It's not like playing this game was some altruistic act of self-sacrifice, we enjoyed playing this game, much like other people enjoyed playing other games. I don't see why we should get our dick sucked just because we liked to play this mod. Besides, cRPG players got the opportunity to support development early on and will probably be forewarned about the arrival of the Kickstarter. From that point on I don't see why for example cRPG Cicero should get priority to reserve his name over the hundreds of other Ciceros. Let alone having any name used by a cRPG player reserved by default, as some people are suggesting. If Tetris Cicero reserves the name Cicero first, he should get it.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2014, 09:41:37 pm »
+1
whatever you make.make levels more imported like old crpg. not new player friendly  :mad:

No, thanks.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2014, 10:42:30 pm »
+5
It's not like playing this game was some altruistic act of self-sacrifice, we enjoyed playing this game, much like other people enjoyed playing other games. I don't see why we should get our dick sucked just because we liked to play this mod. Besides, cRPG players got the opportunity to support development early on and will probably be forewarned about the arrival of the Kickstarter. From that point on I don't see why for example cRPG Cicero should get priority to reserve his name over the hundreds of other Ciceros. Let alone having any name used by a cRPG player reserved by default, as some people are suggesting. If Tetris Cicero reserves the name Cicero first, he should get it.

Choosing a name so we can recognize eachother =/= getting our dick sucked.

It wont be a big deal to new players because they wont care, they will just pick another when they get a message it is taken. I can at least speak for myself when i say it would mean a lot if I could keep my name, i think many other crpg players feel the same since its a small community and we interacted with eachother a lot

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 720
  • Infamy: 2881
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2014, 11:30:09 pm »
+1

There'll be mods for that, just like cRPG is for Warband.

About name reservation. Are you really that attached to your nick? It will be mostly new community (there should be more players than it was in cRPG at peak), you'll be known to your clanmates and rest won't know you anyway.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 11:33:50 pm by Leshma »

Offline cup457

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RavenR_cup457
  • IRC nick: cup457
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2014, 11:31:01 pm »
+3
how am i supposed to e-peen without a cool name
CUP CLAN BEST CLAN
Okay, I need your protection, your love. :P

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 56
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2014, 11:48:33 pm »
A comrade once made the mistake of telling me the clever name he was gonna give his character next gen, so I surreptitiously booked out every feasible similar character combination (I think it was a couple of dozen).

Wasn't worth it, kids, honestly, don't pay for this.

Offline Elio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 737
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The treeee!
    • View Profile
    • Calradia's Maps Explorer
  • Game nicks: Elio
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2014, 07:21:43 pm »
The question that popped up is - what do we do if there is a conflict. What if some troll reserves the name of someone else just to fuck him over. Any ideas?

I already lost two characters names after chars wipe in 2009-2010 (?), Basile (With Heavy Xbow, 1 h sword and Heavy Board Shield) and Aphelion (the old one on my avatar)

I'm sure someone just created an alt and never use it...

Personally I'm attached to names / pseudonyms, mine and to others, to be able to remember some years later someone with which we once played on a game / mod.

For those who want to make a clean sweep to their past they can still change their name, but I would like to keep mine(s).

So yes It would be nice to reserve some nicknames 2, 3 max or per tickets ?