Author Topic: How to keep track of a wandering Hermit... (Hirlok going dark...NOT)  (Read 2732 times)

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
Re: How to keep track of a wandering Hermit... (Hirlok going dark...NOT)
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2014, 03:43:47 pm »
+3
I'm still nursing the dream that you are actually my childhood sports hero, Jose Chilavert.

how to destroy a dream:
1. look up that name on the interwebz ("who the fuck is Jose Chilavert???" - I am quite ignorant when it comes to sports)
2. the guy is even older than me. By 3 years.
3. weight is about right, but he is 6 cm taller.
4. Must have been quite a legend  - I am not (yet).
4. I no iz play foootboooool. I iz fat meditating Hermit. See:

(click to show/hide)

;-)

BTW - today last day of glorious hermit slaying on NA1/2 !
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2014, 05:13:55 pm »
+2

Virginia is just one of the places on the shortlist that I want to check out in more detail - I will take my time traveling around, maybe an old camper mobile for some time, and settle down when I find something nice (lonely, forest, a little creek maybe, 40+ acres, AND FUCKING FIBRE OPTIC INTERWEBZ!!!)

West Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Pennsylvania. All would be good choices, if you can deal with cold and muggy in the fall/winter seasons.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • Renown: 522
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • there's bollocks in yr tea
    • View Profile
    • ClickCLICKclickCLICKCLICKCLICK
  • Faction: Dubliners
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2014, 08:56:50 pm »
+1
Hirlok, if you don't check out some of the farms out here in California (some of which you could easily intern at and live for free), then you will miss out on a lot!  I also recommend checking out some of our national/state parks in CA.  They're fantastic.  Let me know if you're in San Diego next year!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tagora/

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2014, 09:08:45 pm »
+1
Hirlok, if you don't check out some of the farms out here in California (some of which you could easily intern at and live for free), then you will miss out on a lot!  I also recommend checking out some of our national/state parks in CA.  They're fantastic.  Let me know if you're in San Diego next year!

CA  is on the list as well - actually half the US is, apart from the cities/too populated areas and the really backward / christianist areas and the far north... I will really spend quite some time travelling, maybe work/live on some farm or check out an earth ship project, etc. (can do my internet/writing stuff from anywhere...), see interesting areas in different seasons.... then decide. Or not. Perma-traveling ain't bad either...  ;-)

San Diego? funny. been there as a young journalist (German "Outdoor" magazine, still remember, story on "Eagle Creek" daypack production in Mexico...) - liked it (for a city...).
Will give you a shout for sure when I am in the area!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 09:11:46 pm by Hirlok »
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Snufalufagus

• Earl
  • Renown: 320
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Snuffy, Snufalufagus, Sexy Cupid, Charlie_Sheen Sir Lord Gentleman Snuffy
  • IRC nick: Snufalufagus
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2014, 09:10:49 pm »
+4
Good luck in the wild beyond friend.  May it treat you better than this mods heavy cav!
Im your imaginary friend...

Offline Geon

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Geon, Blazar, qtpi
  • IRC nick: Geon
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2014, 05:19:10 am »
+1
Hey man. Always enjoyed playing with you. You're good company. Good luck out there in your future endeavors!

Offline kasMVC

• Duke
  • Renown: 608
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2014, 10:32:47 am »
+1
Whenever I think of siege bros your name usually comes up with the devoted. I know we never talked or were friends. And I know I don't even play this game anymore. Even so, I'm sad to see you go. You seemed to enjoy playing crpg in your own unique way(despite the ping). Although I could never relate, you were always someone I enjoyed seeing in server.

You say that many of us probably wouldn't become friends outside of this game- you could be right. But there was once a time where I could hop onto siege, shoot the shit, and have a blast. You were a part of that. Your impacts are always bigger than you think.

Eat shit and die,

Cikel

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2014, 11:39:23 am »
+1
Although I could never relate, you were always someone I enjoyed seeing in server.

Eat shit and die,

same! I always found you funny and one of the more authentic assholes on the server - and being authentic is among the things the hermit values most. Cyber respect is a funny thing, LOL, but something we had a lot, esp. among the siege players.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2014, 11:41:57 am »
+1
Good luck in the wild beyond friend.  May it treat you better than this mods heavy cav!

Yay - Snuff made it to the hated forums to say goodbye to old Hermit.. :) *hug*

... and of course he has to mention cav. Fuck off.  :mrgreen:

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2014, 02:28:08 pm »
+1
Such good stuff. If only I had the guts to leave stuff behind and enjoy a life like this. Being married and a slave to money (though a freelance one) gets you tied up.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2014, 07:27:31 pm »
+1
Such good stuff. If only I had the guts to leave stuff behind and enjoy a life like this. Being married and a slave to money (though a freelance one) gets you tied up.

The experience is worth it - though you still would be a slave to money, as long as  you want any of the nice shiny things and luxuries we would not want to miss (like Internet and a decent gaming comp... LOL). Life here is cheaper, but on the other hand there are less ways to make money (local wages are terrible) and you still have to buy food unless you want to be a fulltime peasant and have the knowledge for it.

A place to live is the main issue - speculation and corruption has made land crazy expensive almost everywhere on the planet.

but anyways: there is always a way. Webworking is possible from almost any place in the world, and I know people who have "dropped out" with partner and kids - and esp. the kids LOVE it (unless they are already fucked up) because they can grow up in a way more natural way and actually enjoy life instead of being little stressed-out adults...

Offline Talanarsis

• Count
  • Renown: 177
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: House Stark
  • Game nicks: Not so Innocent Virgin
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2014, 07:31:26 pm »
+1
*sigh* All the fun people are leaving this year... you... Testi...

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2014, 07:56:05 pm »
+1
I could actually webwork and easily sustain a living anywhere on the world with just a moderate internet connection. But my wife would definitely not want to leave an urban life behind altough the idea of it all would sound beautifully romantic to her in the beginning. I love her too much to leave her behind to pursue the spartan life I have been yearning for. Double-edge sword indeed.

Also, I do realize that one can never be fully free from money. The slavery is real wherever you go. Yet there is direct involvement in it and there is avoiding it as much as humanely possible just like you. It still feels good to know that people like you are living that life and making it real while not having to directly severe their ties to the world. It keeps that "maybe" inside every one of us alight :wink:

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2014, 10:00:23 pm »
+1
I believe I drive by one of earth ship places in Taos anywAys later Hirlok

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2014, 01:18:45 am »
+1
Hirlok screw virginia, come on over to MD, sure it's a shitty state, but I live in there so it's  got that going for it.

We can both razzle-dazzle things n stir up awesomeness here. Not much in the way of good forests or anything. But I can hook you up with my sister. ( u know u want dat)
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net