Author Topic: 18 things blond girls think about strat that will change your life forever...  (Read 1383 times)

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Everyone that complete's a strat battle should get, win or loss and no matter how long the battle goes for.

10k c-rpg gold, 5k strat silver and 100k xp as well as normal per tick strat xp. Players should also earn 200 strat ticks for participation as well.

----

On top of that a battle scheduling system should be introduced that pushes all battles into prime time. Prime time being 1900-2300 (GMT-7 for NA) (GMT+2(or maybe 3) for EU) Sun-Thur and from 1400-0100 Fri-Sat.

I think that will help a lot and it takes the pressure off leadership and get rid of some of the micro management bullshit.

Also you guys should consider making the battle list the welcome screen when people log in and somehow adding rolling list to the forum as well so people see what's happening all the time.

I've got a fucked hang over. I'm going to go back to do nothing, peace out.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 09:34:32 am by FRANK_THE_TANK »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Franke

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Franke_HRE and Frankes_STF_HRE
+6
Some good ideas, a pity they are like 2 years late.

And I am still waiting for those blonde girls, mister.
Quote from: Tindel
In teamspeak i like to hear all of your opinions on; beer and alcohol, chocolate chip cookies, social problems and their solutions, massmurderers, why ranged should burn in hell, hating on new maps, hating on old maps.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
+3
Some good ideas, a pity they are like 2 years late.

And I am still waiting for those blonde girls, mister.

ikr - I actually have been spouting this shit since when All Thine Hard Work was a thing, but to little avail.
Fammi un pompino!

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
...no matter how long the battle goes for.
Can't you see any clans using this to have mock tiny battles vs themselves where hardly anything is lost and tons of stuff gained by them and their allies, clogging the schedule and obtaining an advantage? No need to even lose much, since attacking army can retreat and if they have little to no equipment pretty much everything is kept.

The prime time idea would fuck over all the people with nonstandard schedules.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
+1
Can't you see any clans using this to have mock tiny battles vs themselves where hardly anything is lost and tons of stuff gained by them and their allies, clogging the schedule and obtaining an advantage? No need to even lose much, since attacking army can retreat and if they have little to no equipment pretty much everything is kept.

The prime time idea would fuck over all the people with nonstandard schedules.

You can already attack your own village to delay attacks and break the game in countless other ways and you get banned for it. This would be no different.

I'm afraid people with nonstandard schedules are of limited concern. When I say limited, I really mean, fuck them.
Fammi un pompino!

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
+3
There isn't a big enough community to worry about people on non-standard schedules.  Plus, there is nothing stopping them form playing EU/NA battles.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
+1
If every battle that came up had at least 30 people playing per side regardless of amount of troops and time then I wouldn't have even put this shit out there but frankly the whole thing is inconvenient and takes up to much of our time, killing off most of the fun.

Everyone should be rewarded for getting involved, and rewarded substantially as well.

We all know upkeep is mostly shit but at least this will help the new players out. Lower the bar for entry.
Fammi un pompino!

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
+4

I think that will help a lot and it takes the pressure off leadership and get rid of some of the micro management bullshit.

They definitely need to help cut back on the micromanagement. Also, increasing the price of equipment this round was pretty much the worst change they've ever made to strategus.

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
+2
#stobbit:D2014

« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 06:30:30 pm by Daruvian »

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
+4

She's not saying too much but I think I'll go along with it.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
+2
She's not saying too much but I think I'll go along with it.

I have no idea what's going on in this thread but I saw Taser's gif and figured I'd contribute.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
More please. This is exactly what this thread is about, blonde girls that know what's good.
Fammi un pompino!

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
+1
PRIME TIME BATTLES PLEASE!!

have a priority based battle system, so say you have 6 half hour battles and 2 10 minute battles.

best time for everyone in EU is like 1900hrs CET. so the first battle is at
1900hrs. then we want to get every other battle as close to that time as possible.
so it places the next battle at the next "optimal empty slot", which is
1830hrs. then it places the next battle at the next closest possible slot, which is
1930hrs. then the next battle is one of the 10 minute battles, so it places it at either
1820hrs or 2000hrs.

The point is to get it as close to the optimal time zone as possible.

Also, the fact that the massive clans can get absolutely huge numbers of players for their battles for thousands of battles in a row whilst medium sized clans can fight 1 or 2 battles and then they just lose every battle (even with equal tickets and gear), because of not being able to fill rosters as well, is just ridiculous. probably a better system would be for the player-slot deciding formula thing to add the total number of players on EU 1, EU 2 and EU 3, and make some kind of ratio thing to how many players it will allow per team. so for example if there are 100 total players accross all 3 servers, only allow 25 players max per team, etc.
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
+1
PRIME TIME BATTLES PLEASE!!

have a priority based battle system, so say you have 6 half hour battles and 2 10 minute battles.

best time for everyone in EU is like 1900hrs CET. so the first battle is at
1900hrs. then we want to get every other battle as close to that time as possible.
so it places the next battle at the next "optimal empty slot", which is
1830hrs. then it places the next battle at the next closest possible slot, which is
1930hrs. then the next battle is one of the 10 minute battles, so it places it at either
1820hrs or 2000hrs.

The point is to get it as close to the optimal time zone as possible.

Also, the fact that the massive clans can get absolutely huge numbers of players for their battles for thousands of battles in a row whilst medium sized clans can fight 1 or 2 battles and then they just lose every battle (even with equal tickets and gear), because of not being able to fill rosters as well, is just ridiculous. probably a better system would be for the player-slot deciding formula thing to add the total number of players on EU 1, EU 2 and EU 3, and make some kind of ratio thing to how many players it will allow per team. so for example if there are 100 total players accross all 3 servers, only allow 25 players max per team, etc.

I've literally been saying this for years. Good to know I'm not alone in KNOWING this is a good idea and what needs to happen.

But I'm not for forcing players from other servers into the battle.

What could help though is if a warning message popped up on all servers 15min before a battle starts saying that one is commencing AND if people could continue to update the roster as the battle is happening, even using the roster update to kick players. That would really help. As well as being able to over roster as in a first come first serve kind of deal where you just say yes to everyone and the first 51 players to show up get in and anyone that shows up after that is a bench warmer in spec until someone leaves.

Also all the things I constantly say about it as in; gold pay outs, massive xp payout and (although I want to see strat ticks completely removed from the game) strat tick payouts.

Other cool intensives could be free tickets to the lottery for attending strat battles, and perhaps tickets to monthly loom point lotteries as well. Or if not loom points then lotteries for novelty items like titles of nobility, banner slots, name changes etc etc

They could even add in a thing where the battle leaders can nominate people that aren't in there clan as MVPs or Fairest player or MUP (useful) MEP (entertaining) and if a player gets a few of those then they go into some other lottery to win cool shit like +3 items or a fat stack of gold. At the end of the season the top 3 players for each award are put to a public vote and given a fancy hat to wear until the end of next strat season.

YAY FRANK IS LIKE THE SMARTEST GUY IN THE ROOM, WOOOO INTENSIVES.
Fammi un pompino!