Author Topic: New players get 4 +3!! WTF!  (Read 7637 times)

Offline mrrdhardy

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Packer_The_Sloth
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Sloths
  • Game nicks: Packer_The_Sloth Brotherman_Bill Bo_Bo_The_Sloth_Templar_Hobo
Re: New players get 4 +3!! WTF!
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2014, 03:00:06 am »
Give all the noobs all the heirlooms they want man, I wouldnt care less. This patch isnt making it any easier for the noob players though. They will have to compete with level 37  and more builds with a level 25 char. If any, this patch just has broken the little balance the game had, makes all more messy and everyone runs  like a sumpter horse. I cant see how a horde of agi whores on steroids can be "good" for new players. Really. Its a patch for low pingers, agi whores and spammers. Good luck fighting a 21/27 2h hero   guy with ping under 20 with your brand new 3 heirlooms and your level 25 char...
your right I cant play melee in NA anymore cant handle to agi whores  :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2014, 03:01:46 am »
:lol:

Edit: I read rest of stuff you wrote and noticed you've been using words such as "reward", "deserve", "hard work". Caught myself with exactly the same attitude and that's pretty much the reason why I stopped playing this mod. Unhealthy attitude. Not sure can I blame chadz for that or not, can't be sure he did it on purpose. Is it some nefarious plot to observe people developing unhealthy attitude after prolonged exposure to cRPG mod or it is just a man playing with fire without knowing what can happen if a person isn't careful.

Anyway, I'm sure chadz has learned his lesson and will make sure this doesn't happen in his future projects.
You sound like you were talking about heroin
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1055
  • Infamy: 2171
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2014, 03:55:40 am »
+1
Heroin can kill a man in four years and cRPG so far haven't been guilty of that. But the way system is built certainly brings the worst out of certain group of people, large enough to become an issue. Yes man is at fault for falling for obvious traps and not using his brain, but you can't tell system is without flaws.

Despite obvious desire to level the playground by giving newbies loompoints and making level differences smaller, they still kept that 8 million XP requirement for retirement. That shows there is conflict in them, still not sure do they want everyone to have looms or just newbies. Guess that will last trick if this doesn't go through, making retirement process trivial in an attempt to keep players interested. Before it was mostly grind your ass of to reap reward and at times it was very painful for some people. Right now they aren't sure is it wise to ditch that because it brings addiction and addiction, while being destructive force is forcing people to keep playing. Another thing they could try is to force "fast play" through higher levels and faster leveling and retiring which means people won't be bored as much but game might lose appeal for those who think of it as hardcore grind which was previously glued them to the screen.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2014, 08:00:38 am »
+6

Offline Halk

• Earl
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AmoX
  • Game nicks: Spamwhore, Xanor, david324
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2014, 08:06:50 am »
By the way, can you exchange items that have been bought from marketplace after the patch?

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2014, 09:06:48 am »
It's a stupid solution to a stupid problem.

We are solving the wrong problems.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Hellsing

• Count
  • Renown: 209
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2014, 09:35:20 am »
why do new players get 4 +3 given to them?
U serious?
I played ages on my main not participating in any strat battles.
Still only have 3 mw, and 2 points!!! This is not fair!

Offline Ubba_Ragnarsson

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Drenched in bloody red and screaming for more!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Named Men
  • Game nicks: NM_Ubba
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2014, 09:38:48 am »
Its just a care package to keep people interested as everyone whos played for years has developed into their own kind of monster. Seems nobody looks at it from a peasants perspective, a real peasant not one of them fake ones that cut you in half with a scythe. You start this new game, you think how amazing it is, you slash your cleaver around a bit, realise it can't block, switch to you lump of wood, think your amazing, then the ground rumbles a bit everything goes dark and you turn around and see theres a 12 foot plated monster with a horned helmet and the biggest weapon you have ever seen with steam oozing through the holes in his mask, then you hit him, your stick breaks and he splats you. Some people do have the mentality 'I'm gonna stick at it come back and kill that monster' but a lot of people, the right kind we want here are the ones who enjoy game mods and can pretty much sum a game up from small experiences will see c-RPG is a grindfest for the total peasant and not a fun one because its not balanced in favour of the peasant. Where as if you're given a small package it shows its well thought out. Its untradable also so theres no real benefit to it.

When you say we have played for years to get where we are, we haven't we have PLAYED for years, its a game the word means exactly that and what you have played for is the right to choose what looms you have. They will also have to work for that its just in the meantime it will be more fun for them so they will actually do that. Also. A loomed weapon is a few stats higher than a non-loomed weapon. The effectiveness isn't in the loom its in the player so lets not get carried away with that, give the real peasant full +3 plate and any spammy pole weapon and you could beat them to death with a stick eventually I'd think.

Its a game, you play because you want to and its fun. Yes it helps chadz but seriously, you're not doing it out of the goodness of your heart. I've played COD and Runescape and various other games for years and yet no reward and those games keep getting easier for newer players. its the way things work.

Its a simple solution to a simple problem.

Saying that, it wouldn't hurt if everyone got them for the sake of fairness. I don't believe that would change too much and still keeps things on an even keel still keeping it fair for the newer player.
Peasants are squishy.

Offline Hearst_

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 43
  • kurwa mać!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ReBorn/Kremsies <3
  • Game nicks: ReBorn_Hearst/LiveYourLife(нуб)
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2014, 09:46:42 am »
+2
Ffs guys i've been playing this shit since 2010 but i don't even have 4 +3 .....
Я люблю твою улыбку
хахахахаха))))

Offline Hellsing

• Count
  • Renown: 209
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2014, 09:49:04 am »
Fun killed yesterday.
For real peasents? Yesterday only the old same bundle of stickss came back to beat shit out of you with old and new accounts.
The truely peasents who quit playing havnt earned any benefits (I do checkings on it, coz would be fun to have 5 active members again) but all they have done is fucking us again.

Quote from: Harald
Quote from: Spanky_Ham on October 14, 2014, 11:50:27 pm
    Does this affect accounts who have never retired, too?
    Got severel friends of mine who had quit the game right at lvl 21 or someone just on 14 coz they were frustrated to cant beat anything as peasent..

Good point, i'll look into this.

(click to show/hide)

Ffs guys i've been playing this shit since 2010 but i don't even have 4 +3 .....
Same here startet dec 2010.
Got 3 +3. and 2 points in the whole time..
Just as a fair player who dont trades unfair/participates in strategus the whole fucking time  to recive benefits, you got truely punished hardly.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 10:44:49 am by Spanky_Ham »

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • cRPG Player
  • Coming from a life of crime.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Fredom ; FredomNumbaNine
  • IRC nick: Steam name: Fredom[NumbaNine]
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2014, 03:05:59 pm »
+1
Uhm. Because cRPG became more and more grossly unfair for new players.

Levels, skill, looms, all made it extremely hard to start out pre-patch. Much more so than us vets ever had to endure.. Afaik those looms they get are OK, but not fantastic weapons and armors. And they can't select what they want either. They get 1 armor and 3 weapons, one 1h, one pole, and 1 2h. And I think they are untradable too.

So plenty of motivation to keep grinding. Or would you rather it would be that devs stole looms and levels from old players?
I'm not against this, just wanted to say that I play this since almost release and dont even have 4 mw's myself :P
Fredom, are you British? -> You got an American accent!- Merc_Sjarken

Offline Boerenlater

• Marshall
  • Renown: 728
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player
  • Jebem ti život!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Boerenlater
« Reply #86 on: October 20, 2014, 03:09:03 pm »
I've been playing for 3 years with a 3 months break or so and reinstalled today and got those 4 mw items.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2014, 03:10:09 pm »
+2
U serious?
I played ages on my main not participating in any strat battles.
Still only have 3 mw, and 2 points!!! This is not fair!

You got the MW items you want though. Newbies will get like a MW Wimple and a few MW weapons they might not want to use and can't exchange for anything
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Codebox

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • @xxxx[{:::::::::::::::::::>
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Snerra, Spelunky, Phylra and Campalot
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2014, 03:13:39 pm »
+1
Give me LOOMS  :evil:
-=| Snerra | Spelunky | Phylra | Campalot |=-

I love Bunnies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVWjdP1oL44

Offline mrrdhardy

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Packer_The_Sloth
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Sloths
  • Game nicks: Packer_The_Sloth Brotherman_Bill Bo_Bo_The_Sloth_Templar_Hobo
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2014, 03:45:28 pm »
You got the MW items you want though. Newbies will get like a MW Wimple and a few MW weapons they might not want to use and can't exchange for anything
its Still good weapons though +3 War Spear, +3 Two Handed Sword, +3 Knightly Arming Sword and +3 White Tunic over mail. also going back to my questions before where are the rewards to vet players for playing this game for years. I have been playing for years and crpg hasn't given me shit for no special items, no gold nothing not even a fun a event every weekend.

Its time we start getting community admins to host Events on the event server and get double xp weekend or something, but not give all new players 4 +3 and make everyone superman.