Author Topic: A few things for new players.  (Read 286 times)

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
A few things for new players.
« on: October 17, 2014, 11:44:46 pm »
+3
Two days ago there was a new player on NA1 named banjamin Martin123. I ended up getting him in TS so that I could help him out on the basics. Long story short here are a few things he had some problems with.

1. In the new player registration (part 4)it says "character name", "password", and "confirm". He had some trouble figure ing out that it should be his username, new password and same new password. How about making it so that it is "in game name", "new forum password", "confirm password". He kept doing a new name with a new password or his old name with his 4 digit password from the server.

2. Every time that somebody logs onto the server without wse2 it has a huge warning, every time he saw it he about had a heart attack. Can it be moved to any time that you start the launcher somewhere instead?

3. There should be a way for new players to know what difficulty is on each item. I got him to 15/3 going to 1h/shielder, we did a stat battle and he was off for the night. By the next morning he had already destroyed his build by getting 22 str. When I logged on he messaged me on steam asking when he could start putting points into shield skill. He didn't know that it was shield skill and not str based difficulty, let alone that shield skill was an agi skill. I suggest that you change the difficulty from

Difficulty:X

To

Difficulty: X shield skill

And possably as a hint aswell

Difficulty:X shield skill and 3X agi
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 11:49:22 pm by Jack1 »
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.