Poll

Should the turn nerf be reverted?

No
22 (35.5%)
Yes
40 (64.5%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Author Topic: Revert the Turn Speed nerf with the "revival patch"  (Read 5996 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: Revert the Turn Speed nerf with the "revival patch"
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2014, 05:22:12 pm »
If the new team, Tydeus, San, and all the buddling little spergs who have popped up like weeds with "ITEM TEAM" or w/e  want to really "revive" this mod, its time to get our own server, and revert all the stupid shit cmp did to ruin the legendary Warband combat system that we all played the shit out of a couple years ago.

That would be the best mod out there!  God I miss old school crpg without all the gay ass "improvements" that made it predictable and lacking all dynamism.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2014, 05:33:11 pm »
Was more entertained by earlier incarnations of crpg.  Balancing isn't worth shit if there's no fun left.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2014, 05:51:11 pm »
+11
revert all the stupid shit cmp did to ruin the legendary Warband combat system that we all played the shit out of a couple years ago.
Have fun with terribad game design like 2 second arrow stun, polestagger, no teambumps and swinging straight through teammates, dead bodies and objects. That is just what I can remember from the top of my head, I am sure there are more little fixes we have all forgot about, while they are fucking awesome. You must be one ungrateful little twat to be able to completely forget about all the dumb crap that was in Native.

a core feature like "turning while you swing lol wow so fucking unrealistic"
Also, sideswings are more restricted in Native than in cRPG.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2014, 06:09:24 pm »
+1
Have fun with terribad game design like 2 second arrow stun, polestagger, no teambumps and swinging straight through teammates, dead bodies and objects. That is just what I can remember from the top of my head, I am sure there are more little fixes we have all forgot about, while they are fucking awesome. You must be one ungrateful little twat to be able to completely forget about all the dumb crap that was in Native.
Also, sideswings are more restricted in Native than in cRPG.

Sure some of the changes are good. But how many times have you heard "oh that's wse 2.0, so only cmp can change it."

I'm sure a couple current modders (hell isn't there a lead dev of another mod in the team now?) would be able to take out most of the bad animations and turn rate problems, leave all the good stuff, maybe a very minor turn reduction based on weapon length/weight/damage/consensus of balancers so its not 360 piking/lolthrusting all day, but giving us back sweeping overheads and every other attack actually feeling under your control, with hits that don't feel like awful server lag desyncing animations from hitboxes.

Basically all of the real problems in the gameplay are these engine tweaks, that cmp probably has abandoned ever updating or fixing. He probably has some server host access that only him and chadz can use to update the WSE client-side crap we download, and undoubtedly ignore any active dev's requests for sneaking in changes.

Or maybe, since this is the REVIVAL PATCH, cmp or chadz can maybe actually consider making some of these hard changes, or giving others a chance at it?
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2014, 06:19:32 pm »
+3
Sure some of the changes are good. But how many times have you heard "oh that's wse 2.0, so only cmp can change it."
Sorry, but you're getting mad over nothing, Smoothrich. When that complaint is made, it means that it's something that can't be done with the native game. It means that, in almost all cases, If you take cmp out of the picture, you still don't get it fixed. cmp, as the creator of WSE, dictates what its capabilities are(by having created them, or not). If there are no functions to allow a certain feature, cmp is the only person who can create them and taking him out of the picture solves absolutely nothing. If something is hardcoded and we want it changed, taking cmp out of the picture solves absolutely nothing.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 06:22:36 pm by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2014, 06:25:45 pm »
+1
[...]cmp, as the creator of WSE[...]
This is the very important bit people seem to forget...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline SayAttack

• Baron
  • Renown: 115
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2014, 06:28:47 pm »
When that complaint is made

would you tell please, who made it ?

i mean who and on what basis decides to change?

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2014, 06:30:01 pm »
would you tell please, who made it ?
Myself and other balancers have said that probably 1000 times in irc, on these forums, in Teamspeaks, in game. Generally it's a reply to someone's request to add/remove/rework a feature.

TaleWorlds' Warband module system doesn't allow for access to a large part of the game's code. Because of that, a lot of really great ideas, just can't be implemented. WSE is something that grants modders access to some of the hardcoded stuff. If WSE doesn't allow modders to change something, that's either because it can't be done, would require every single player to use the cRPG beta client, or it simply hasn't been added as a feature by cmp(no one else can do this).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 06:33:44 pm by Tydeus »

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2014, 06:32:16 pm »
Nerf the roll, its ridiculous and you know it.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline SayAttack

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2014, 06:33:53 pm »
is there some balancers from eu?

someone's request

what does this mean? whose request? some examples?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 06:37:10 pm by SayAttack »

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2014, 06:38:53 pm »
+1
is there some balancers from eu?

what does this mean? whose request?
Urist, Fasader, Gurnisson, Macropus. First two can be thought of as inactive, but that "cmp only" statement has been around for a long time.

Anyone's request. Suggestions Corner requests, for example.

Offline SayAttack

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2014, 06:42:51 pm »
so u make decisions based on the number of people posting to these topics? how many posts u need to do it? or..how it goes?

and who exactly decides which request need to take into consideration?

Gurnisson, Macropus

srsly?)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 06:46:08 pm by SayAttack »

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2014, 06:46:14 pm »
so u make decisions based on the number of people posting to these topics? how many posts u need to do it? or..how it goes?

and who exactly decides which request need to take into consideration?

:rolleyes:

Offline SayAttack

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2014, 06:48:53 pm »
I asked something wrong?

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2014, 06:55:17 pm »
I just want some features cmp added to be removed or reverted to native, no rain-man esque brilliant new shit added with pounds of code. Many of the best elements of native Warband have been lost over the years by mod creep, and u need 2 cut it out at the rotten core and start over.

All these changes to leveling, looms, more community-made gear, those are the good things about cRPG, to really enhance the Warband multiplayer community which ain't so big anymore.

We don't need so much ambitious shit where every Timed Max Arc Custom Release grip animation gets half its frames chopped out and reshuffled, WIRESKELTON FRAME POSITIONING flipped around, then magic  spikes in gravity if you dare swing a powerful weapon around because aiming your swings is apparently not acceptable in a fast-paced, deadly multiplayer combat game.

Most of cRPG is still pretty good. But unfucking the core combat mechanics would be the best way to add more "fun" to this mod, yet the pushback to the idea has always been the Ivory Tower devs vs everyone who actually used to play Warband or older cRPG and remembers things feeling responsive and good to play on a fundamental level, which this mod is honestly lacking.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.