Author Topic: So, I'm bored  (Read 1705 times)

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
So, I'm bored
« on: June 09, 2018, 03:19:25 am »
+4
Retirement is a bitch in Strat.  No fishing, no golf, no shuffleboard.  I've made several millions trading (only moving when I was bored), but I'm still finding it hard to get involved.  A few people invited me, but quite frankly I love/hate you all equally.  So I figured I'll keep trading til someone attacks me, then I'll go full fucking commando on them (as in attacking mercilessly, not as in wearing no underpants... or maybe both).

Plus I might host my own tournament.   I got a lot of LPs I can't be bothered using- I may use a field battle for an excuse to give them away.

I'm thinking everyone signs one side, then get split up into duels.  Winner advances with no health increase.  Maybe a timer where I start shooting with a hunting bow, slightly hurting each combatant if they are dragging their asses.  How about 5 lps to the winner, 3 to 2nd place and 8 more lps to randomly selected participants?

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
Re: So, I'm bored
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 05:40:04 pm »
+1
Attack the pinks, they are just sitting pretty like a bunch of hoooomoooooos
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Haramir

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Haramir
  • IRC nick: Haramir
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 06:01:50 pm »
+3
Comme back Havelle i need you

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 04:23:36 am »
Attack the pinks, they are just sitting pretty like a bunch of hoooomoooooos

Ooh, I couldn't do that... you know me, I despise attacking.

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 04:32:50 am »
+1
Okay, in few days time I will do a field battle with Lady Sweet Cheeks.  People will only sign for my side and we will have duels with no respawn or healing.  All weapons will be provided, but I'll figure out a time limit for you my old friendchers/X-bow dinks.  Last man standing will win 5 Lps.  Other LPs will be randomly given to participants.  To avoid trolling, I'll only accept people I know, or come recommended.

After the 5 lps for the winner, I have 17 LPs that will be given away.  1 to every ex-13K who shows up(even though you are all treacherous self serving mercenaries (which is why I love you)), and the rest will be randomly distributed.  Just because you suck doesn't mean you shouldn't win once in a while.

This event will happen as soon as Lady SweetCheeks meets me- I'll try make it a Sunday evening.

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 04:36:14 am »
+2
I think cut down on the amount of loom points for winners and maybe host more in the future
Ca$hville 615

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 06:29:12 pm »
+2
You can get a million silver every 2-3 days if you have enough mules for the crates you're carrying.  No reason to be bored this strat, you should be able to build up a nice army in a couple weeks (I guess strat ticks for troops is the thing that would take the longest)
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 04:55:33 am »
+1
Ok, this will be next Sunday I guess (Lady was dragging her sweetcheeks getting over to NA).  And due to popular demand, the winner gets 3 lps and 5 will get randomly awarded.  1 each per 13K though, as promised.  The armour is strelzky or hauberk over aketon, with sallet and coif or Archer's Sallet with padded coif, plus either Cased Greaves or Rus cavalray boots, and Mail gauntlets for the hands.

1 h weapons= Morning star, spath or broad one handed battle axe
2 H weapons= Sword of War or Morning Star
Polearms     = Bec, English bill, long bardiche or heavy lance
shields        = Plate covered round shield, hoping to get a zero shield soon
bows           = Yew longbow with bodkin arrows
X bow          = Arbalest with steel bolts
horses         = Rouncey, Sumpter and Courser

For you range and cav types, gonna let you know that there will be a time limit per fight, and the winner will be influenced by the crowd, with the final decision by me (applies to timid melee people too).  Whoever is most aggressive wins.

Offline Thalion_Menelvagor

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HoC
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 12:27:22 am »
+4
Honestly, get there there and fight some good honest battles. I've always had a slight distaste for purely "XP" battles. I mean, does any really care about XP anymore? We're all just old crusty players and joke builds clinging to a game so old its like a dying star-system. In Shitlordery of strat is one of the only things that keep this interesting. Go out there and be a Shitlord Bryggan. I know you can.

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2018, 02:42:54 am »
Ah, Thalion, if I was two years younger and still full of hopes and dreams.  You always knew I was a game player and not a gamer.  Winning always took 2nd place to a good fucking game to me... though I confess getting quite irritated by betrayals- it seemed a little unsporting, but eventually I got used to them.

But I am always amazed how much can be done by a nobody who cares to attack.  But, unfortunately, you can't attack stupidly, so you gotta watch the map, send messages to neutrals to keep em neutral, make deals with gents and a shit load of other things.  The only thing I had easy was really good mercs most of the time.

But seriously, what have I gained?  I fought you when your faction was the last man standing, and I will take pride in the fact that I tried to keep it sporting.  I warned you of high crime in Ismirala castle, and I chose field battles over sieges.  I also gave you Yruma Castle when JayJrod betrayed us due to sJimmy's rotten nighttime settings (that was an awesome fun bit of maneuvering, and I give you guys high kudos for matching each of our strategems).

But, quite frankly, I was quite happy being the shitlord until Tristan mentioned I should get a reward on Discord.  Then I thought, "WTF!?".  Win a stupid tourney aimed at the best players and they get a fancy hat or neat original weapon.  But try take over the map only to be crushed through betrayal or mega-rich Euros you get nothing.  Get the highest renown in NA despite having a tiny faction by just fighting and fighting and fighting, and still only get a brief mention in the forums.

I have been cursed with mediocre ability to fight, but blessed with a lot of Strat luck.  I am sure I had one of the most eventful careers in NA strat, and it was awesome (thanks to my awesome mercs who signed for me), but the only rewards of strat are new enemies and a lot of hate.

So I'm gonna try buy your love with LPs.   

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2018, 08:16:24 pm »
+1
Brygan, if we can get this rolling, would you consider funding prizes for it?

http://forum.melee.org/diplomacy/proposal-for-reinvigorating-strategus/
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2018, 03:50:49 am »
+1
I just realized hosting a tournament is a bitch.  To do it the way I want it would require people playing along.  And, from what I have learned, we don't do that shit.