Author Topic: NA Siege Updated Rotation - Vote on Maps Here!  (Read 6353 times)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
Re: NA Siege Updated Rotation - Vote on Maps Here!
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2014, 06:30:32 am »
+10
REMOVE

anor_stronghold
(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2014, 06:31:21 am »
+10
REMOVE

wallenberg
(click to show/hide)

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2014, 06:31:52 am »
+8
REMOVE

al_qobab
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2014, 06:32:24 am »
REMOVE

fallen_abbey
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2014, 06:33:07 am »
+11
ADD

native_turin_castle
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2014, 06:34:04 am »
+17
ADD

castle_21_exterior_c
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2014, 06:34:31 am »
+13
ADD

castle_27_exterior_c
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2014, 06:42:58 am »
+12
Man... being able to post every 20 seconds at most really dragged that out.  :?  Hopefully I can dodge a forum mute by double posting x100 in this thread...

Anyways, I've got one more post here to put the following map up for vote:

citadel
(click to show/hide)

However, instead of voting on whether or not it should be removed (I think the general consensus was that it is okay) I thought maybe we could vote on whether or not we should play it with the new-er addition of the ballista-gauntlet-run or revert back to the older version that had just the door instead. I personally preferred the older version instead of the new one... Fips said that we couldn't count on any maps being edited so accommodate NA siege, but since this map already exists, maybe we can get away with this.

For the Vote:
+ if you would are in favor of trying to replace the map, and prefer playing the old map
-  if you would be against trying to replace the map, and prefer the new one with the hallway of death

Feel free to add posts to this thread with any maps that I missed. Just try and keep the same formatting to keep it uniform and therefore simpler for voters.

Offline Fips

• Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2014, 09:03:45 pm »
+1
Beautiful thread. Never though i'd see this day coming =D

Citadel will stay this way though. The door was a huge downer for defense on this map, because pushing all the defense spawns in the inner cycle would have made it untakeable and people spawned outside without an option to get to flag in an reasonable amount of time. This is possible now, yet you can defend it quite easily if done right.
No special NA-edits for siege maps. Most maps play very fine on EU side once it's over 40 players (Which it reaches quite soon) and considering the population of NA i kinda have to favor EU here.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2014, 11:56:31 pm »
+9
ADD

quick_battle_scene_5
(click to show/hide)

Personally, I have no idea which map this one is from that one pic alone.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2014, 11:57:12 pm »
+2
ADD

quick_battle_7
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2014, 11:57:47 pm »
ADD

quick_battle_2
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2014, 12:13:50 am »
ADD

quick_battle_scene_5
(click to show/hide)

Personally, I have no idea which map this one is from that one pic alone.

uhhun castle. you can look at it on native if you travel to it and "walk around the courtyard"
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2014, 05:10:27 am »
Beautiful thread. Never though i'd see this day coming =D

Citadel will stay this way though. The door was a huge downer for defense on this map, because pushing all the defense spawns in the inner cycle would have made it untakeable and people spawned outside without an option to get to flag in an reasonable amount of time. This is possible now, yet you can defend it quite easily if done right.
No special NA-edits for siege maps. Most maps play very fine on EU side once it's over 40 players (Which it reaches quite soon) and considering the population of NA i kinda have to favor EU here.

Na siege has only breached 40 people for the first time in like 4 months this very week. Frankly I don't think you should put in any maps that play well on EU once 40 players are reached, because that is a rare occurrence (is it possible to toggle certain maps to ONLY come up once a certain population has been reached?). In this case specifically we could even edit the map and add it as a separate scene, you keep your hallway of death, we don't have to put up with it.

The nights this week and last when siege was populated well (40-60 players) our NA battle server was near dead. The simple fact of the matter is we don't have enough players to fill two servers. Now I would warrant the vast majority of the time NA will choose battle over siege, so those of us that want to play siege will be stuck on maps that play well only after 40 players show up, something which will likely never happen. Therefor the best possible solution is to tweak the NA map rotation to maps that play will with 8-25 players, and if possible, only trigger certain other maps when 30-60 players happen by. If that type of population trigger is not possible, than having lower population maps, that also play well enough with higher pop, is the most desirable solution.

In an event, and no offense Fips or Teeth, we really need a NA scene manager for both battle and siege. Our play-styles are different from eu, our taste in maps is different, our team-work meta is even different. An NA scene manager would have a much much easier time figuring out what maps are best for us, and also putting up with our bs.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Fips

• Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2014, 12:53:50 pm »
Na siege has only breached 40 people for the first time in like 4 months this very week. Frankly I don't think you should put in any maps that play well on EU once 40 players are reached, because that is a rare occurrence (is it possible to toggle certain maps to ONLY come up once a certain population has been reached?). In this case specifically we could even edit the map and add it as a separate scene, you keep your hallway of death, we don't have to put up with it.

The nights this week and last when siege was populated well (40-60 players) our NA battle server was near dead. The simple fact of the matter is we don't have enough players to fill two servers. Now I would warrant the vast majority of the time NA will choose battle over siege, so those of us that want to play siege will be stuck on maps that play well only after 40 players show up, something which will likely never happen. Therefor the best possible solution is to tweak the NA map rotation to maps that play will with 8-25 players, and if possible, only trigger certain other maps when 30-60 players happen by. If that type of population trigger is not possible, than having lower population maps, that also play well enough with higher pop, is the most desirable solution.

In an event, and no offense Fips or Teeth, we really need a NA scene manager for both battle and siege. Our play-styles are different from eu, our taste in maps is different, our team-work meta is even different. An NA scene manager would have a much much easier time figuring out what maps are best for us, and also putting up with our bs.

Dafuq do you want me to do else than follow the outcome of this thread?

NA Scene Manager won't happen, simply because in all this time of QQ noone was arsed to actually apply for it. This thread here is the first time someone actually managed to get something organized.
If you find me someone who has a knowledge about Scene Editing, who is willing to implement the maps to the code and who gets approved by the NA admins, i'll gladly fill him in so he can act on his own about the NA rotations.