Author Topic: Battle map rotation overhaul  (Read 7156 times)

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: Battle map rotation overhaul
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2014, 12:38:56 am »
+3
REMOVE  Canals of our city

Problem:  Very poorly made, affects FPS dramatically. 

Also, so windy and narrow in parts you cannot locate the other team so it often drags on when only a few are left looking for each other.

Offline Teeth

• Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2014, 12:11:01 pm »
Okay, decided to remove some doubtfully fun maps to hopefully reduce map rotation frustration, this is perhaps quite rigorous cutting of decent maps, but as this is probably my last venture into modifying the rotation I just wanna leave it as something solid. As always, screenshot and a reason is provided in the OP.

Removed:
Crop Rotation
Trouble in the Neighbourhood
Desert Ruins
Burning of the Ships

Changed my mind about adding Upon the Rocks

I'm not removing Down by the River as I don't understand the problem. Since I removed some trees people seem to not get lost and otherwise just tell your teammates to go to the open bit at the beach. According to my clanmate who hates it for reasons he isn't able to explain, it kills the server population everytime it comes on. Is anyone able to confirm or deny that?

Edit: Oh yeah, also removed Burning of the Ships.

BTW Teeth, can we get an updated list with scrn shots of all maps on rotation? just updated that thread Fips made, its rly usefull.
No, on account of me being too lazy. We mostly created that so people would be capable of communicating about maps better, especially because there was no real way to get the right name for a map because the names were bugged. The names are fixed now, so people can QMU or look at the server browser and actually check which map is which. Though of course if you want to take screenshots of every map, upload them and format them so they look like in the spoiler below and PM it to me, then I'd happily copy pasta it in the thread, but personally I don't think it's worth the effort.

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 02:20:51 pm by Teeth »

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2014, 02:26:04 pm »
Teeth, idk if you followed the recent balance threads..

Basically: Perhaps maps better suited for infantry will help, but idk..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Teeth

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2014, 02:40:19 pm »
+2
That is not the feedback I have been given in this thread. Nearly every map I removed features hard to attack spots for ranged. As for the maps that are literally unplayable for cav, cavalry has only one server to play on and I don't think it is right to make the game actually unplayable for a class. There is no such thing as cavalry and ranged maps, good cavalry maps are bad for ranged and good ranged maps are bad for cavalry. Besides, if you are referring to your thread, I wasn't too thrilled about the arguments put forth and I wasn't aware that some community wide approval was reached.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2014, 06:22:55 pm »
Please consider (re)adding the native map Field by the River. While perhaps a bit boring to some, I find it to be quite well balanced, with great opportunities for any sort of infantry, cavalry, and ranged. Nobody is really left out. It is visually pleasing and pretty much just the best fucking map ever.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Teeth

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2014, 09:56:11 am »
It's never been out.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2014, 02:47:25 pm »
It's never been out.

well fook

Maybe the NA rotation just doesn't have it? Haven't seen it in many moons.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Teeth

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2014, 04:52:27 pm »
Well, there are usually 60-80 maps in the rotation, which is probably like 40 hours worth of running time, so it is very plausible that you won't see maps for a while if you don't play a lot. There is a small possibility that it somehow accidentally got removed from the NA rotation, but at least for the last update I copypasta'd the list in it's entirety into both rotation, so it is definitely in now.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2014, 05:00:07 am »
You keep citing "fuck you to cav" as a reason not to include a map, but as a dickless cav lancer afk-killing, back stabbing loomed courser riding cavalry player I must protest. I enjoy maps that totally, effectively exclude cav.

Its nice to have counter strike esque maps with fast rounds and no cav to worry about.

My ideal map, btw, is literally a single room--a killing box 50'x50' that both teams spawn in. I want such a thing to exist very badly.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline SIrCampALot

• Knight
  • Renown: 60
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • I'm a really angry Farmer!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: DRO
  • Game nicks: DRO_AangryFarmer_SirCampALot or something with A_..._Farmer_...
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2014, 06:56:49 am »

My ideal map, btw, is literally a single room--a killing box 50'x50' that both teams spawn in. I want such a thing to exist very badly.
Then do it. There's a nice editor in game, not too complicated to learn how it works. Here's a very good an easy guide.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 07:06:47 am by SIrCampALot »
After a whole weekend playing cRPG with my clan mates:

Ey bro check this out or this man!

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2014, 03:25:13 pm »
Teeth can you put this desert map back in the rotation (the one with houses on each side of a shallow river and there's a bridge in the middle)?  Can be seen in this video at this time stamp:  http://youtu.be/SeAOv_H-hh0?t=11s

(that's the Kings of KD video).

Also appreciate you putting back in some of the older maps that have been missing from the rotation, lots of good memories (plus they're good maps). 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Teeth

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2014, 05:41:38 pm »
I think I personally removed that one due to all the cover being at the respective spawns which completely discourages charging and that causes rounds to draw out. Of course aside from that, running 50 meters without cover is just no fun for most. I don't see why it should be put back in.

You keep citing "fuck you to cav" as a reason not to include a map, but as a dickless cav lancer afk-killing, back stabbing loomed courser riding cavalry player I must protest. I enjoy maps that totally, effectively exclude cav.
Not all cav players think that way though, people should be able to play cavalry on the battle server whenever they want in my opinion, not just when they get a lucky break in the rotation.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2014, 02:57:33 am »
+1
That is not the feedback I have been given in this thread. Nearly every map I removed features hard to attack spots for ranged.
Map rotation should have never been separate from item balance.  :|
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character