Author Topic: Gamemode: last stand  (Read 1504 times)

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
Gamemode: last stand
« on: May 20, 2011, 06:03:34 pm »
Hey : )  Id like DTV on random plains. DTV is a gay campfest thats all about grinding,  which is gay fun-wise.  I want waves of bots running against our organized formations,  pounding against shieldwalls while ranged and pikemen do their thing.  sth like that.

Btw:  thx for dtv,  when not ass-raped by camping its rly fun,  although not survivable.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
Re: Gamemode: last stand
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 06:07:17 pm »
just noticed that i used gay a lot.  no offence.  but,  seriously.  gay.* 

*in the south-park way.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 06:24:13 pm »
Guess people want the magic 5, not fun...

But yea something like the battle of Thermopylae would be awesome
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Mamba

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mamba
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 06:27:23 pm »
The fun in DTV is to be perfect and awesome and survive as long as possible, or do his job as best as possbile. If bots rape you over and over you just found out that you suck.

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 06:30:01 pm »
+1
What about an Escape the Village (a.k.a Left & Dead or Call & Duty medieval c-RPG):

After spawning, players have to cross the map to reach the exit/checkpoint/flag. Random bots would spawn at random places (to avoid camping techniques) continuously.

The multiplier for the next round would depend on how many players survive.

Players would choose tactics between rushing (at the risk of being vulnerable to archers and cavalry) or progressing more slowly in an organized/turtle defense (staying longer on the map).

As long as one survivorplayer is alive (even though a part of the team has reached the exit), the round is not over. Will they move back to help him? Or let him on his own, risking to lose a teammate and thus a mutiplier?

Better with big maps/cities/fortress/mazes/hills everything that makes progression difficult.

Even funnier if players don't spawn at the same point.  :twisted:

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 06:33:22 pm »
What about an Escape the Village (a.k.a Left & Dead or Call & Duty medieval c-RPG):

nice!  also thougt about dtv and not spawning together and simultaniously with bots,  but your idea is way awsome.  btw lfd,  fuck yeah!

Offline 22nd_Earl_NoscopeGabe

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: FriedChickenWatermelown,22nd_OriginalGangstah_Gabe
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 06:35:20 pm »

After spawning, players have to cross the map to reach the exit/checkpoint/flag. Random bots would spawn at random places (to avoid camping techniques) continuously.

Players would choose tactics between rushing (at the risk of being vulnerable to archers and cavalry) or progressing more slowly in an organized/turtle defense (staying longer on the map).

As long as one survivorplayer is alive (even though a part of the team has reached the exit), the round is not over. Will they move back to help him? Or let him on his own, risking to lose a teammate and thus a mutiplier?

Better with big maps/cities/fortress/mazes/hills everything that makes progression difficult.

Would be nice :D
I'll pimp slap you till you love me fool!                                                                                                              

ps: It's all about that Fried Chicken son.

Offline pRodigy

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Heinrich_Rand, Hana_Majinaru
  • IRC nick: pRodigy
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 06:39:40 pm »
Well, the devs never wanted people to camp in a house, but the players usually try to win the easiest way possible :) I think the spawning got delayed because it was too easy for everyone to just camp in the ruins, having a shielder in the doorway. I was testing a new map today on some test server, and there didn't seem to be any easy places to camp. I'm sure people will find out some easy way to beat the AI, but the maps are constantly enhanced to prevent exploits.

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 06:40:56 pm »
good

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 06:49:58 pm »

THIS!

Epic epic EPIC
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline Dunecat

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • h+
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jaer_Selorn
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 06:57:03 pm »

Nice indeed, but I'd rather see Strategus first, to be honest.
In memory of Jaer_Selorn, member of Str, ruler of Pagundur

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 07:05:12 pm »
THis should be in the Suggestion section.

In native you can have players spawn with a certain archetype of trooper (cav, Archer, infantry) and then lead them into battle by giving commands. It certainly is fun and some of the ATS guys have little battles every now and then, but for some reason it just seems it would be easily exploitable for players to power level, even more so than DTV. You could have your friend order his troops to disarm and stand there will you pick them off, etc.

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2011, 08:00:54 pm »

I freaking love this idea!

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 11:08:28 pm »
I'd like a DTV where the defenders have non-replenishing health and it being about surviving as along as possible.  Great opportunity for roleplay there, and also an interesting avenue for allowing actual players to take control of some of the bots to improve the fight.  A few human opponents may also mitigate exploits and add some much needed variance to DTV.

Offline kongxinga

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Farmers
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2011, 11:26:21 pm »
I wonder why is it even necessary to have a village? Why not defend a random spot or flag? In the middle of a random map. Players could then do their circular formations there and fight waves of bots. There will also be less roof exploiting.