Poll

Remove randomplains spam?

Yes
44 (40%)
No
66 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 110

Author Topic: Remove random-plains spam.  (Read 2958 times)

Offline Wildling

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Remove random-plains spam.
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 05:10:00 pm »
Better than village maps.

IIT Archers on roof tops

2hander and polearms dominate

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 05:10:37 pm »
Why a player that don't use shield is forced to take a shield because every archer/xbower spam, and you don't have any chance of defend? Hiding behind a tree? Ridiculous. That maps are boring, and I think a lot of people think the same.
Because this is how game balance works.Anyway on strategus you will be forced to use shield.

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2011, 05:12:06 pm »
random plains = teamplay = fun,
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2011, 05:15:05 pm »
Guys who have allergy towards using shield are going tog et buttfucked when strat starts up again.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2011, 05:15:59 pm »
I am now reviewing the EU1 rotation, should fix it tonight

Hey punisher, just crazy idea: can we generate plains maps that also include an occasional structure (like the ruins on Field by the River). That way, the random plains maps would get even more interesting and the camping archers among us have a ruin to hide in?

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2011, 05:17:03 pm »
Plane maps(not only random) are the only ones where Teamwork and leadership have higher weight than personal skill.  I have the most fun on them when the armies are lead properly,  if its just random charging I dont care for them more than for any other noob map.
 meh.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2011, 05:18:11 pm »
Phaz and Torben. Not that I don't respect your opinions, I do, but you are also both pretty much solid cav players....
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 05:21:59 pm by Aemaelius »
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2011, 05:19:17 pm »
Yep, i admit i'm biased. But random plains are sooo much fuuun!  :twisted:

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2011, 05:24:34 pm »
Hey punisher, just crazy idea: can we generate plains maps that also include an occasional structure (like the ruins on Field by the River). That way, the random plains maps would get even more interesting and the camping archers among us have a ruin to hide in?

Sadly no, but don't worry, there will still be plenty of random plains, just more spread over the rotation. Currently there are even 3 in a row.

Offline DKriza

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Bandits
  • Game nicks: Kriza_the_Prankster
  • IRC nick: Kriza
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2011, 05:25:03 pm »
Its not about plains , its about the size of this maps.
Before when i saw random plains i would quit or spectate, it was to boring for my style of play, but lately there are new plains, smaller in size and with less chances to camp one spot( hills ).
So players are forced to fight rather then staying behind shield wall and waiting for last minutes to do something.
I would vote  for random plains , but only if there size is smaller.

Offline El_Infante

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tercio_Alejandro_Farnesio
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2011, 05:27:58 pm »
I'm talking about REMOVING SPAM. Removing Spam is different to remove random-plains. I think it's not hard to understand.

The current abundace of random plains is caused by bugged maps that appear in the rotation yet were removed from scenes with the last patch, causing a random map to be generated instead. I am now reviewing the EU1 rotation, should fix it tonight. Random plains will still be available, but as frequent as a normal map, not once every 3-4 maps like the current situation.

As you can see, is a bug.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 05:32:52 pm by El_Infante »

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2011, 05:33:14 pm »
I'm talking about REMOVING SPAM. Removing Spam is different to remove random-plains. I think it's not hard to understand.

No it ain't, which is what everyone in your post realize and have fixed.

What you do not realize is that we realized it already and have moved on. Be happy!

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2011, 07:18:06 pm »
Bugged maps removed and rearraged random plains a bit to avoid 3 random plains maps in a row situations. For the concerned, there are still 14 random plains in both EU1 and EU2 rotation.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2011, 10:12:54 pm »
Actually, i'm loving those plains maps. Really great for teamplay. Almost every plains map has led to interesting teamplay, ranging from hillcamps, frontal charges, flanking maneuvers, surrounding hilltops, ambushing cav in some hollow, etc. I really like playing those maps, because all of a sudden the whole team wants and needs a tactic to play.

Unlike all those endless village maps where the tactic is always: defenders camp, attackers flank. Or maps like Nord Town, where everyone just plays solo and the game turns into a bit of a shoot 'em up and melee frenzy. Even worse, Village, where everybody towercamps and many rounds end in a draw or at least take way too long.

I can't get enough of those random plains maps. Also, i really love the plains map with the river. Endless oppertunities for tactics and teamplay. And never a draw!  :D

Edite: That said, i suspect the sheer amount of plains maps now is the result of a bug. And in that case, it'll probably get fixed pretty soon.
+1 exactly my thoughts. plain maps feel much more like real battles.
Jep! Without a shield, plains maps are horrible. I suggest getting a shield, even a lowbie shield can catch a few arrows for you.
I'm kinda glad i always go at least shield 2 on my polearm alt and my 2h guy. To be honest, as an archer, i kinda dislike the plains maps. Makes me feel vulnerable and exposed. Love them as shielder and cav though.
I'm having a lot of fun with my main without shield. Wouldn't know what to do without them trees, though.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 10:15:24 pm by The_Bloody_Nine »

Offline kongxinga

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Farmers
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2011, 11:16:26 pm »
I agree with Phazey, torben and the others. The game is only really fun with the teamwork and maneuvering that occurs in random maps. The player created and town camp maps create snorefests, including strength stackers with crushthrough camping the door and other boring stuff. In fact, one could say that mount and blade was balanced for the plains maps. If vanilla was balanced for the plains map, then infantry should not have a problem in crpg with weaker cav and archers. Inf players have picked up too many bad habits by being spoiled with campable roofs and cluttered city maps.

I am really starting to envy the euros. Maybe I should just grin and bear the crippling lag just to enjoy these beautiful plains maps. I wish OP can swap locations with me. I can play plains, while he can play the corner camping, claustrophobic, badly designed, invisible walls galore, glitching roof fest maps that make up NA's lineup. When these maps come up, I sit out or move to EU. Especially the "lol Cav" maps which FORCE cav to dismount through the use of unclimbable stairs that lead to the main fighting areas conveniently on the roofs.

In fact, this is too good, I am heading to EU now. Is this Eu1 and Eu2 only? Or other servers?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 11:23:01 pm by kongxinga »