Author Topic: Why do throwing weapons require WPF?  (Read 458 times)

Offline agweber

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Beware the Coming of the Great White Handkerchief
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
  • Game nicks: Armentia, Ranged
  • IRC nick: agweber
Why do throwing weapons require WPF?
« on: July 14, 2014, 05:21:10 pm »
I can pick up any old crossbow from a corpse and shoot it. But I sure as hell can't pick up a throwing axe and give it a wildly inaccurate toss.

Was thinking about sliding 3-4 points into PT in order to use random thrown weapons from the ground as a 'screw you' to HA and such once in a while. However I then remembered reading something about the fact that PT reduces WPF by # points per skill point and that you can't even use them if you don't have enough WPF. Why is this restriction here? Why not on other ranged weps? Why not on melee? It seems a bit odd that it's not on at least bows.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
Re: Why do throwing weapons require WPF?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 11:46:09 pm »
Bows as well as throwing weapons need Power Draw / Power Throw as a requirement to be used. PD / PT then again needs to be supported with sufficient WPF for the amount of PD / PT in your build. The fact that crossbows can be picked up and operated by everybody without any training IRL is reflected ingame by the lack of any skill requirement appart from STR. Whether this fits gamebalance or not sure is debatable.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline agweber

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Beware the Coming of the Great White Handkerchief
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
  • Game nicks: Armentia, Ranged
  • IRC nick: agweber
Re: Why do throwing weapons require WPF?
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 06:44:58 pm »
Bows as well as throwing weapons need Power Draw / Power Throw as a requirement to be used. PD / PT then again needs to be supported with sufficient WPF for the amount of PD / PT in your build.

Oh wait, I for some reason didn't think that bows required WPF to be used, just the PD. Well shoo, my mistake. Closing thread.