Author Topic: 2nd gen will be 2h...  (Read 2682 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd gen will be 2h...
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2011, 01:09:26 pm »
Hand armors bring a nice bonus, I don't deny that, but the question of our friend is about having an economic equipment. The bonus of hand armor is expensive (in terms of repair) if you compare to the repair cost of an armor (of similar protection). Also wearing hand armors gives another chance of paying repairs.

My advice to limit costs is: better choosing a body armor with a protection of 30 than a body armor of 18 + gauntlets of 12.

Hand armors are economically attractive in the same price category of the body armor.

To explain a little, it's cheaper to get a tunic over mail (36) + mail mittens (4) than buying a mail with surcoat (40). When you go higher in body armor values, putting more and more money into your hand armor becomes increasingly attractive.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2011, 01:17:42 pm »
Ok...i'll probably heirloom the flamberge. It's not that much slower than the war cleaver, but the length and the thrust damage makes it up for it. Plus my build is not meant to be a 2h, so it'll probably get much faster anyway. (71 2h and 135 Archery)
I tried the katana as well, but it's just too small...my blocking skills are pretty bad xD

Btw, I "solved" the problem with the money. Got 1 Outfit to get money (pretty slow, though) at x1 and 1 outfit where i can spend it.

Anyway, still got two questions: First, why is every build built in a way that u can get 39 skill points? I'm Level 30 now and only made it to 18/17 (At 31 it'll be 18/18). Did i miss some skill points? xD
Second, what build should i use to get that flamberge a decent attacking speed?

Most builds convert either 2 or 8 points of skills into 1 or 4 attributes. Some trolls even convert 14 skill points for two-skills builds. You will likely spend half your playing time at level 30, so it's best to fine-tune your build for it.

If you don't heirloom your flamberge to balanced, it won't go fast whatsoever. You really need to be a dedicated flamberger to use it succesfully, both for 2h wpf and player-skillwise. If you aren't dedicating your build for it, you should rather use something else. The claymore, greatswords or even the simple 2h sword are good choices. Not that short compared to the flamberge, and much more usable without so much 2h wpf.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 02:08:23 pm »
;_;
I thought the attack speed depends also on the wpf and how much PS i got?

So, in general, Flamberge is not a good idea?

Offline Belhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2011, 05:32:57 pm »
You can convert skill points to attributes (2 skill for 1 att) Since depending on your build you may not be using all of the skill points. As a 1H/2H infantry build I don't need points in PT, PD, Horse riding etc. and there's only so much I can pump into Ath/PS/IF/WPM.

Flamberge is not sheathable (iirc) so you cannot put it away for another weapon. It should be the only weapon you have on you.

And PS has no bearing on weapon speed, only wpf.