Author Topic: 2nd gen will be 2h...  (Read 2683 times)

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
2nd gen will be 2h...
« on: May 20, 2011, 01:43:22 am »
Any suggestions what item i should heirloom? Armor or weapon?

And what equipment should i get if i don't want to lose money when i'm at x1 ? (Which i'm like all the time...visitors can't see pics , please register or login
)

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Re: 2nd gen will be 2h...
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 02:49:16 am »
gauntlets for armor weapon i would pick great maul or Miaodao/German Greatsword

if you wanna save money at x1 use Studded Leather Coat and leather gauntlets along with 0 weight helmet and boots best body armor option and no weight penalty  :wink:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 02:51:47 am by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 11:22:18 am »
There seems to be a tendency to heirloom the 2h weapon first. In this respect, the Claymore and the German GS are the best choice imo, but you should really consider taking the blade you acutally prefer.

Personnally, I have preferred heirlooming my armor first because I change of weapon at every round and the armor is the only piece of gear that I rarely change.

So, choose the stuff you are likely to use the most.

Re. low cost equipment: take something with protective value around 25 (tribal warrior outfit at 27 is a good choice). The cost should be fine then. Armors around 15-20 are almost useless, so you can opt for the cheapest tunic for some rounds if you really need to save money.

Avoid taking gauntlets, their upkeep costs is much too high for the small bonus they provide.

Offline Dezilagel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 722
  • Infamy: 209
  • cRPG Player
  • (X) probably goes well with Nutella
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Guards, Guards!
  • Game nicks: Dezi_the_Bagel
  • IRC nick: Dezilagel
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 11:39:27 am »
Avoid taking gauntlets, their upkeep costs is much too high for the small bonus they provide.

I disagree, as we all know each armor point is more useful the more points you have in total, and so having an extra 4 (1.3 k gold, mail mittens), or 6 (3.4 k gold, mail gauntlets) armor on top of what you already have is pretty huge for the cost imo.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Rumblood
You fuck, or you get fucked.
Valour Multghulis - All Krems Must Die

Offline Fips

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 01:15:01 pm »
Thanks guys.

Problem is, i never had the chance to actually see what's best for me. After i could get the warbow i only used that little 2h-mace which sucks xD
In SP i always used the War cleaver, but i don't see anyone using it...

Well...that means i should probably heirloom the armor first to see what weapon fits me. visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hmm...armour around 27...right now i'm using the strange light armor and my archer can't stand a chance in melee. ._.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 01:29:19 pm »
I loomed danish, but I don't believe it matters, because with market working you can probably exchange most of loomed weapons for something else if you decide there isn't chemistry between you and specific item. In short - don't over-think it.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 03:33:37 pm »
I disagree, as we all know each armor point is more useful the more points you have in total, and so having an extra 4 (1.3 k gold, mail mittens), or 6 (3.4 k gold, mail gauntlets) armor on top of what you already have is pretty huge for the cost imo.

Hand armors bring a nice bonus, I don't deny that, but the question of our friend is about having an economic equipment. The bonus of hand armor is expensive (in terms of repair) if you compare to the repair cost of an armor (of similar protection). Also wearing hand armors gives another chance of paying repairs.

My advice to limit costs is: better choosing a body armor with a protection of 30 than a body armor of 18 + gauntlets of 12.

Offline Husasz

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 08:02:38 pm »
Thanks for all the great input guys.

il post my character build so far, things have been getting a bit better, I think I have 1 kill for every 35 deaths or something now:P

The problem is i'm using a polearm, i suck with them unless I'm mounted, The kills i've gotten so far have actually been with my sword/hatchet.

I'm age 29 lvl 14, generation 1.
6 strength
12 agility
82 1 handed
72 polearm

1 ironflesh
2 power strike
4 shield
4 athletics
3 weapon master.
82 1 handed

Offline Husasz

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 08:04:47 pm »
posted in wrong thread wow.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 08:22:32 pm by Husasz »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 08:09:07 pm »

Compare that to what the gold spent on upgrading your armour will do instead. Only the first two gauntlets are readily viable, anything past mail mittens is encroaching on limited returns and best used for niche applications.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 11:20:30 pm »
Thanks guys.

Problem is, i never had the chance to actually see what's best for me. After i could get the warbow i only used that little 2h-mace which sucks xD
In SP i always used the War cleaver, but i don't see anyone using it...

Well...that means i should probably heirloom the armor first to see what weapon fits me. visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hmm...armour around 27...right now i'm using the strange light armor and my archer can't stand a chance in melee. ._.

The spiked mace is actually a good little weapon because it's fast and you can knock people down with it, though it's not really effective until you have 5 or 6 powerstrike and a lot of 2h wpf.  At the moment it's the only 2h weapon you can use if you want to spawn with a siege ladder too, so I'm thinking about heirlooming one.

There's a couple people that use the war cleaver, it's alright, a little slow though.  I'd suggest buying and trying all the popular 2hander weapons that everyone else uses first but then try out the less used stuff too.  The longer you use just one weapon the better you'll get with it, so that's something to keep in mind.

Offline Belhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2011, 02:15:25 am »
I was a bit different in this regard; throughout most of my first generation I was using the Heavy Bastard sword and I knew that I wanted to loom it. I change my armor depending on cash and game situations.

A good, cheap mid-level armor class is the Lamellar Vests or the Tunic over Mail sets. 36 armor for 3.3-3.4k gold.

Offline Pollux

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2011, 04:26:59 am »
I was a bit different in this regard; throughout most of my first generation I was using the Heavy Bastard sword and I knew that I wanted to loom it. I change my armor depending on cash and game situations.

A good, cheap mid-level armor class is the Lamellar Vests or the Tunic over Mail sets. 36 armor for 3.3-3.4k gold.

The Heavy Bastard sword is the only 2H worth looming because it's the best one with a sheath, every one above it doesn't have a sheath and you look retarded.

Offline Belhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2011, 07:22:24 am »
Well, that's not the *only* reason I loomed it, lol. I just like having a 1/2H sword.

Offline Fips

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2011, 12:26:13 pm »
Ok...i'll probably heirloom the flamberge. It's not that much slower than the war cleaver, but the length and the thrust damage makes it up for it. Plus my build is not meant to be a 2h, so it'll probably get much faster anyway. (71 2h and 135 Archery)
I tried the katana as well, but it's just too small...my blocking skills are pretty bad xD

Btw, I "solved" the problem with the money. Got 1 Outfit to get money (pretty slow, though) at x1 and 1 outfit where i can spend it.

Anyway, still got two questions: First, why is every build built in a way that u can get 39 skill points? I'm Level 30 now and only made it to 18/17 (At 31 it'll be 18/18). Did i miss some skill points? xD
Second, what build should i use to get that flamberge a decent attacking speed?