Nerf cav speed bonus A LOT
9 (26.5%)
Nerf cav itself
4 (11.8%)
Nerf horses?
0 (0%)
Nerf everything in game and then renerf again
3 (8.8%)
Buff everything in game (Gimme, Ak 47, grenades, nuke bombs PLX.)
9 (26.5%)
Everyone hates Marauder_Thryn
9 (26.5%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Ye, ye game balance  (Read 1637 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Ye, ye game balance
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2014, 04:35:29 pm »
Sometimes it's inevitable, yes. However, all classes can profit from free hits, and it doesn't require less to be freehit by cav than it does for infantry. Moreover, from the point of view of the cav, his death is almost always inevitable, when it happens. As cav you have very little control over the course of action once you are committed to something, hence the outcome depends more on the enemy than on the rider.

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2014, 06:39:46 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 07:19:23 pm »
+1
The only thing this mod needs is its +0 weapons buffed, so that the difference isnt extremely large.

Every throwing ranged shield and horse is jack shit compared to its mw'd variant.

Nerfing the +0 version of any item is useless, the mw'd version need to get nerfed whilst the +0 version stays the same.

Or +0 buffed whilst mw stays the same, whatever youd like
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2014, 08:28:43 pm »
+1
Lots of parts of cav don't work that well that hopefully WSE would fix. If bump+attack wasn't so good (doesn't seem to receive any damage reduction at all) with tweaked penalties for 1h/2h cav and leg armor, I could see a lot of the horse stats themselves being better. IMO bump+attack damage should be reduced drastically, perhaps even more than 50%. Even with 3PS, 100wpf, and a light lance, it dealt good damage with bump stabs, and you can't get much weaker than that.

You can reach 150-200(!!!) raw damage with 2h cav pretty easily, and ~130+ raw damage with 1h cav easily as well.

Reducing speed bonus for cav decreases it for melee as well. In addition, you'll deal less damage against cav charging you. It may help in certain areas, but it'll eventually cause problems in others unless that's also what you intend since speed bonus with inf. vs inf. is pretty large.

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2014, 08:41:23 pm »
+1
Cavalry should be able to kill people with a full force, full speed attack. Since the game has realistic aspects to it (e.g. gravity and an attempt at physics), the force behind a charging steed and a soldier's swing combined should be able to kill an in-game player (keeping realistic wounds discussion out because this is a game).

However, meleers should be able to have effective counters against cavalry tactics. Things like polearm rearing help infantry out, but bIumpslashing really puts infantry down. There needs to be a bigger distinction between light and heavy cavalry play. Light cav should be fast, agile, and more susceptible attacks than warhorses, who are harder to turn, slower, and tankier. Bumpslashing needs to be toned down to a point where doing so won't get you an instant kill. If you play to deal damage and keep your horse alive (conservative cav play), you shouldn't be as big of a determining factor in the lives of other players as some badass motherfucker balls out always take the shot guy who risks it all to get a kill. I hope that this promotes a bigger gap in risks v. reward in the life of cavalry players. But for right now, Teeth is absolutely right in the "cavalry kills:skills" ratio.

That being said, I am going to list a few more things because it looks really douchey to just bash cav and not everything else:
(click to show/hide)

You can reach 150-200(!!!) raw damage with 2h cav pretty easily, and ~130+ raw damage with 1h cav easily as well.

GF.

Edit: To help clarify my stance on light vs heavy cav, light cav shouldn't really be able to screw up and get away without their horse dying. I've seen quite a few coursers and hunters get hit 3-4 times and get out alive.

Also, does anyone have the number of players cav can knock over/bump in quick succession before coming to a halt?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 08:51:38 pm by anotherGhost »

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2014, 10:16:18 am »
+2
Oh my god, I just took a full speed bump slash to the face while not paying attention, and it was from a +3 ACS! Hope I didn't lose all my health!

(click to show/hide)

:lol: :lol:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2014, 11:40:53 am »