Nerf cav speed bonus A LOT
9 (26.5%)
Nerf cav itself
4 (11.8%)
Nerf horses?
0 (0%)
Nerf everything in game and then renerf again
3 (8.8%)
Buff everything in game (Gimme, Ak 47, grenades, nuke bombs PLX.)
9 (26.5%)
Everyone hates Marauder_Thryn
9 (26.5%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: Ye, ye game balance  (Read 1636 times)

Offline jack786

• Count
  • Renown: 194
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
  • Field Commander
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadia
  • Game nicks: Nefcok
Ye, ye game balance
« on: July 02, 2014, 10:12:40 am »
+1
Ye, ye Stop crying and stuff like this will be in comments, but just saying, why is cav with 1h/2h swords the master race class, which is able to 1hit kill full hp no matter bump and hit or simply hit.
That makes no sense at all, I remember playing with masterwork arbalest+masterwork steel bolts, some times I couldn't 1 shot kill players in monk clothes, but here they can 1 hit kill full hp medium/heavy gear.
Ok so my stats were these: STF char, 21/18 with 4 IF and all armors non loom: body armor 48/head 45, gauntlets 6, legs 16.
So then I tried changing build to 24/15 with 5IF, but still same effect, cav rides suddenly from back during melee fight and 1 hit kills full hp...

Write whatever troll comments you wish, but this is just weird.
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Herezy92

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Frog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Herezy
Re: Ye, ye game balance
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 10:15:19 am »
+1
Buff everything in game.

Gimme, Ak 47, grenades, nuke bombs PLX.

Hay nide eeet.

Offline Thryn

• Meme Artisan
  • Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 1177
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook
  • buff 2h tbh
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Thryn
  • IRC nick: Black Bastards
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 10:18:53 am »
+1
its 3 am fuck grammar

cav gets a speed bonus and the ponies in cRPG are fast as fuck
what im saying is your ass isn't using tilde key (~) to dodge cav n shit

Meh, I guess it sucks getting one hit when you're used to tanking in cRPG, but w/e
I'd be more pissed at the ranged shitstorm than ponyfunland right now

bump slash is halfway ridiculous
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

We may not love corrupt government, but we must love our country.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 10:26:30 am »
+1
They probably hit your head with massive speed bonus. How many times have you seen people survive arbalest shots to the head? Also, that speed bonus is a double-edged sword and you might as well one-shot them instead, if you hit them first.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline jack786

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Field Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 10:29:27 am »
+1
They probably hit your head with massive speed bonus. How many times have you seen people survive arbalest shots to the head? Also, that speed bonus is a double-edged sword and you might as well one-shot them instead, if you hit them first.
ok
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 10:31:10 am »
+1

Offline jack786

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Field Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 10:38:42 am »
+2

Who the fock let you read this ,,koffein''

Offline Turk_Otto_Knight

• Knight
  • Renown: 75
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Otto_Knight_the_Bastard ShaMeraN ASlut
  • IRC nick: Otto_Knight
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 10:41:09 am »
Just buff archer damage i cant kill  :?

Offline jack786

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Field Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 10:48:11 am »
+1
How do you close a post? What came in my head when I wrote this, crpg forums is all about trolling

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 10:52:24 am »
+2
Difference between cav and ranged is that cav must put themselves in at least some amount of risk in order to deal damage. Ranged, especially xbowers can deal damage while in a relatively safe position, and they don't need to do jack shit player skill wise, and they don't need to sacrifise much from their general build in order to do it (no skill points, just some WPF which is optional)

Anyone can spin around and shit on a cav player. There is pretty much no situation were a cav player is as safe as most ranged are, if the cav player wants to have an impact on the round.

Main issues with cav is that bumping is a bit too gimmicky, especially when you combo it with a swing. Its 100% aboidable, but its still a bit too strong. As well as that is the huge 1 hander range both infront and behind the swing and to the side. Another thing is the shield forcefields protecting the horse, but its quite a bit better than it used to be. Shield + heavy horse was pretty ridiculous before. Very safe while just holding W and aiming at people. There is no skill in that, but at least there is some deterrent in the form of having to dedicate your build to do it

Less said about HA/HX the better. We all know how plain idiotic it is

Also its ok to not agree with people, doesnt mean they're trolling  :wink:
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 12:06:11 pm »
+2
bump slash is halfway ridiculous

So fucking much this. To be honest, cav "nerf" was unjustified, it destroyed a lot of builds, it should have set every heavy ponie at 6 riding, not 7. Also, this change didn't ended the one hit bullshit with or without bumpslash.

Imba Kafein/Panos/Gurnison downvote saying l2p, adapt, get better lol. Honestly, I don't care. One day, I may respec my stf to 18/18 just to prove how good you can do without any experience with cavalry, and I'll simply post those screens with the score board.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2014, 12:57:19 pm »
+1
Slashing cav has ridiculously high damage output compared to anything else. Combined with very lax consequences for swinging at poor angles and bumpslashing, the class probably has the best kills to skill ratio. Supposedly bumpslashing does 50% damage but I think something went wrong as I regularly get half my hp chipped in heavy armour with a bumpslash, that should at least be fixed.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 02:08:48 pm »
+2

Your poll is not legit. For the poll to be legit, add following option:

"Give them run"

You have [ 1 ] day(s) to full fill the request. Failing doing so, will result in ban from all future use of every GTR®-family terms.

Thank you,
Sniger, Universal Fora Poll and RunGiving Committee

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 02:54:40 pm »
Imba Kafein/Panos/Gurnison downvote saying l2p, adapt, get better lol. Honestly, I don't care. One day, I may respec my stf to 18/18 just to prove how good you can do without any experience with cavalry, and I'll simply post those screens with the score board.

We both know that's not going to happen.

Slashing cav has ridiculously high damage output compared to anything else. Combined with very lax consequences for swinging at poor angles and bumpslashing, the class probably has the best kills to skill ratio. Supposedly bumpslashing does 50% damage but I think something went wrong as I regularly get half my hp chipped in heavy armour with a bumpslash, that should at least be fixed.

In my opinion it's preposterous that you can get enough armor and HP to survive a fullspeed bumpslash and still have good speed and several hundred times more agility than any horse is ever going to have. Cav is by far the weakest class in 1v1, and basically useless when used as anything other than support. Yet people never seem to realize that, or use it to their advantage. At least that's what I gather from the forums.

It's worrying that people are talking about "one-hit bullshit" when it's precisely that which makes Warband combat so great and engrossing. If you can't stand the consequences of your errors come play siege naked with me and die 20 times in 5 minutes if need be. I promise fun.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 03:04:22 pm by Kafein »

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2014, 03:36:59 pm »
+1
Using the weak abilities of cav in 1 vs 1's to your advantage is somewhat difficult with them being on a goddamn horse, isn't it? Strangely enough slashing cav doesn't do many 1 vs 1's on a battle server with 60 people. Getting one-shot by things you can't defend against is incredibly poor game design, this goes as much for bumpslashing as it goes for ranged. Slashing cav does not attack you in a 1 vs 1. They attack you while you are severely limited in your movement, ability to attack and attention, in which cases bumpslashing is often impossible to do anything against.