66 (39.1%)
Nop
33 (19.5%)
Its complicated (Pls post why)
23 (13.6%)
I wanna have his baby
47 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 165

Author Topic: [HEAD GLOBAL] Uthyr Pendraeg  (Read 126483 times)

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
Re: [EU] Uthyr Pendraeg
« Reply #240 on: June 18, 2015, 12:26:32 pm »
Heres my cat looking very smart

(click to show/hide)

That is how imagine you being cornered by bots while desperately trying to fight your way out from now on.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #241 on: June 25, 2015, 05:55:29 pm »
+2
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
« Reply #242 on: July 02, 2015, 03:09:39 pm »
+2
I'll just post screenshots from my Dwarf Fortress games here from time to time

My current fort, Mengegen - LASHGIFTED, is thriving.

Counting 101 dwarves, the Town of LASHGIFTED has survived thus far 1 necromancer siege (which was fucking horrifying and I hope to never have it happen again) and 2 goblin sieges.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Only named dwarves from this community are:
Gurnisson - Mason and a bone carver. He likes crowns, picks, dacks for their quacking and detests brown recluse spiders.
Karasu - Woodcutter, brewer and mechanic. He likes helms and giant ostrich feathers and prefers to consume sewer brew. He detests moon snails.
Norman - Carpenter and diagnostician, our chief medical dwarf. She likes gold, albatross leather, worm tooth, rattlesnake bone and bracelets. She likes eating mosquitos and detests oysters.
Uthyr - Miner and organizer, Manager of LASHGIFTED. She likes floodgates, amulets, common snapping turtle's tooth (not teeth, specific tooth), water buffalos for their water wallowing and penguin men for their waddling grace. Prefers to consume honey bee and dwarven ale, ABSOLUTELY detests fire snakes.

The fort has already lived for 3 years, it's year 253 and we've reached adamantite just a few weeks ago.

ALSO, we have a pet Giant Lion who got slightly hurt in last fighting with Giant Elk Birds in the caverns.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 03:38:25 pm by Uther Pendragon »
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.

pogosan

« Reply #243 on: July 02, 2015, 06:34:44 pm »
+1

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #244 on: July 03, 2015, 02:06:51 pm »
+5
Best motherfucking admin ever.

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
« Reply #245 on: July 07, 2015, 03:26:07 pm »
+2

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #246 on: July 07, 2015, 03:40:34 pm »

So many words :(
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
« Reply #247 on: July 07, 2015, 04:16:37 pm »
+1
Also, a tiny DF update:

Giant Lion died after a cave crocodile ripped his throat. Lion managed to kill him before bleeding to death. RIP

Following the last goblin siege, there was an awful big amount of dead bodies, bones, skulls and other rotting carcass lying outside, which caused quite a few of LASHGIFTED citizens to shriek in terror whenever wandering outside to fish or gather wood.

To fix that problem, a wall is being built to hide the refuse stockpile from the dwarves. Because SOME of them aren't doing well seeing those corpses...
Also, for any possible future sieges, a ballista room, that'll hold 3 operated siege engines, was carved (with no windows outside YET) and soon will be filled with ammunition and said huge crossbows. I'm especially happy to use it against undead, since wooden bolts should do a fine job with smashing them into tiny piles of meat and ash.

EDIT: A Liason has came (a messenger from the Monarch, gives me information about what happened in the last year + discusses trade agreements with me), and apparently 3 dwarven sites were conquered by a neighbouring goblin civilization, The Dungeon of Slaves. This bodes ill.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 04:35:52 pm by Uther Pendragon »

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 08, 2015, 12:48:43 am »
+3

pogosan

« Reply #249 on: July 08, 2015, 02:09:17 am »
+1

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
« Reply #250 on: July 08, 2015, 04:02:23 pm »
+2

LASHGIFTED is kill. I did an absolutely awful mistake of both not taking screenshots and leaving my gate open for 2 seconds too long when suddenly a ton of stuff started happening.

First, a possesed dwarf who couldn't finish his project went insane and started punching children and cats. As he was armed (sic) BUT not yet using his weapon, I quickly sent my entire military to dispatch him (probably 1 soldier would be enough but now its too late to wonder) Just as they went down into the tunnels, an UNDEAD SIEGE arrived (pretty much the worst thing that can siege you). So, I quickly move my military back, enact the civilian alarm to order all dwarves back into the safety of our halls and order someone to close the main gate. As per usual, that task is given to a dwarf who is furthest away from the lever operating the gate. By the time he reaches it, a couple (5-6) zombies make it in and start slaughtering my animals and slower dwarves. After 6 dwarves die, my military finally arrives back at the gate and clashes with the walking corpses.

Another beautiful thing happens - because of the onslaught and civilian alert, dwarves are very unhappy and few are starting to throw tantrums. BECAUSE OF WHICH, no one is re-arming the traps near the bottom caverns, and now a dozen trolls enter our staircase and start walking to the grand hall. What happens later is too brutal to tell, but remaining 60 alive dwarves (from 120!) retreat back to the entrance corridors, where zombies are finally killed with (thankfully) no losses on militia side.

And this is when the worst fucking thing happens.
One of the tantruming dwarves
A tantrum is a temporary emotional breakdown experienced mainly by dwarves with high propensity to anger.
in a sudden rush of fury decides to pull the lever operating the main gate. And let inside a host of over 40 undead, rotting, falling apart, fearless, painless, armed in metal armors (because they werent JUST corpses, they were from a necromancer tower, and necromancers thankfully have already left).

My brave militia faces them in the combat, and I quickly draw remaining dwarves into another quickly formed militias, now fighting both undead and trolls from the caverns.

At this point I still had hope, after all the fight was taking place HERE:

Right next to a big stockpile, so if only my dwarves just run there and grab some weapons, maybe...

As the fight progressed, dwarves were being torn apart, thrown against the walls, dismembered, crushed, bones breaking and brain shattering. Militia, prepared for the undead siege, was armed mainly with hammers and one legendary mace, best used against enemy who can't feel pain - beating them into pulp was the only way of killing them. Sadly, trolls weren't so keen on having their bones broken. During the last moments of the siege, there were 5 trolls left, 2 undead and 2 militiamen - all that was left of my Barony (Yes, I didn't update on that but some time after last caravan, LASHGIFTED was granted a Barony title and our militia commander became a Baron. And he was now last dwarf left alive, along with another hammerdwarf.)

Both long since in martial trance, and wildly swinging, kicking, punching, biting, bashing with their hammers and their steel shields, managed to kill what little was left of the trolls and undead. And there they stood, surrounded by a hair-rising scenes of massacre, vomit, pieces of meat, dozens upon dozens of rotting corpses, skulls, bones, limbs, and blood. All was blood.

They both packed their bags, took their equipment along with some food and drink, and ventured forth into the world, retiring LASHGIFTED for nature to overcome and adventures to explore in the future.

Next time I'll embark to some less undead'y site.

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
« Reply #251 on: July 12, 2015, 01:52:44 am »
+1

Woodcutting is hard

pogosan

« Reply #252 on: July 12, 2015, 02:39:28 am »

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #253 on: July 12, 2015, 02:42:10 am »
+1

Woodcutting is hard

That's one hell of a splinter.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
« Reply #254 on: July 12, 2015, 03:02:43 am »
+2
You think if I went to sleep I could design such beautiful ☼sleeping quarters☼?!