Author Topic: Strat Disparity: What Killed Strat.  (Read 4428 times)

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
Re: Strat Disparity: What Killed Strat.
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2014, 05:33:17 pm »
+2
So...you guys have been sitting there trading since day 1. Where's your geared armies then? You should have plenty of money to gear up with. Astralis can gear most armies at armed/heavy armed status easily enough, and that's with a severe 3 month delay in economic capacity....
I've been half-assed trading for a few months and currently have...300 rounceys and some ninja gear to contribute.

So that's one of our mighty geared armies.

But I'm a retard and can't play this game right. I have this strange obsession with wanting to play my class. But, Bale, we really should attack someone in the near future, even if that would probably throw a huge amount of (half-assed) effort out a window.

This is part of the reason why people don't play as much: Strat's boring and literally work. Buying gear and outfitting an army? That's nerdy and kinda fun. So are battles. The rest is ass shit though.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2014, 06:03:30 pm »
I already offered to have some field fights with people. No  one has stepped up yet. Since you like throwing around your condemnation.. Will astrailis ever use those armies to do anything but defend a castle? Pretty sure arowaine alluded to lco being the only reason you still have that castle from aow.

No, actually. We had quite a lot of troops and gear was hairy on the third siege.

If I could convince some people, we'd already have our attacks, but we got 3 afks. They just stopped playing, wasn't worth it and now I gotta get armies off of them.

OH FYI, you have more armies than we do. Also, unlike you, we have a very, very Hostile neighbor next door who would just LOVE for us to  strip the castle and fight them in a field battle. You have nothing but vassals(sorry, friends....) surrounding you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2014, 06:38:58 pm »
+4
i know your pain joe, i know your pain

#cavstandunited

im just still fucking pissed at the devs for getting rid of my class entirely in strategus, like wow why you assholes

oy vey its another shoah against my people

fuck you devs

fuck you, you fucking sphincter sorcerors

fuck you in your stupid fucking mouth-breathing faces

also i think the XP from NA_1 is better than most strat battles when you get constant x5 which isn't very hard

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2014, 10:55:00 pm »
+1
And I'm pretty sure it's still double xp so really getting x10
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2014, 11:11:29 pm »
+4
i know your pain joe, i know your pain

#cavstandunited

im just still fucking pissed at the devs for getting rid of my class entirely in strategus, like wow why you assholes

oy vey its another shoah against my people

fuck you devs

fuck you, you fucking sphincter sorcerors

fuck you in your stupid fucking mouth-breathing faces

also i think the XP from NA_1 is better than most strat battles when you get constant x5 which isn't very hard

I really enjoy playing cav in strat, especially cuz my favorite level of horse (destrier/war horse) is so commonly used in well geared armies. And instead of spawn raping afk's and bump killing peasants, your objective can be things like turning an organized, sperg-led formation of troops into disorganized rabble with key charges, juking perimeter pikes to one shot kill a soon to be raging in ts Cum-mander Kesh, disrupting a swarm of archers to support infantry pushes, get to be really tactical as a Strat cav player who isn't shit.

So of course when they did the cav respec, since I mostly only show up for Strat battles, I didn't even bother to add riding again. Because what's the point? No one has any fucking horses except donkeys and -3 Rounceys. Several months into this Strat round already and cav simply isn't an element of battle, totally fucking up Strat matches into archer and pike wars like some Ren faire bullshit.

My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2014, 12:01:31 am »
+2
And I'm pretty sure it's still double xp so really getting x10

Yes it is still double XP which is equivalent to x10 when it shows x5. With a constant x5 that isn't hard to get like daruvian said NA 1 is way better for xp currently. Especially with the lack of battles and the size of the ones we do get. Please double strat xp again.

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2014, 12:56:07 am »
+4
Oh hey, people still sperg out about this dead game, cool.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol