Author Topic: [OCEU 5s] Tournament Rules  (Read 7821 times)

Offline bagge

• Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
[OCEU 5s] Tournament Rules
« on: June 01, 2014, 09:51:37 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tournament Rules

1. Tournament Format

The tournament uses the following format:
Step 1: Group stage
Step 2: Play-offs
Step 3: The Grand Finals

(click to show/hide)

2. Team Regulations

(click to show/hide)

3. Match Rules
  • A match is played in two stages for 12 rounds total, 6 rounds per spawn, the map must always be restarted after a spawn switch. The winner of a game (map) is the first team who reaches a total of 7 rounds for that game (map). The remaining rounds will not be played after a team has won the map. If a game ends up in a tie, meaning that both teams have on 6 in-game rounds on the same map, a tiebreaker will be played until a winner is decided for that map.
  • For the overtime teams do not switch sides at the end of a match, a restart is needed however. The overtimes consists of 2 stages (half-times) having 3 in-game rounds each, the map must always be restarted after a spawn switch. The winner of the overtimes is the team that manage to win 4 in-game rounds.

(click to show/hide)

4. Match Reports

(click to show/hide)

5. Other Rules and Violations

(click to show/hide)

6. Settings

(click to show/hide)

7. Prize Pool

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 11:32:48 pm by bagge »
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
Re: [OCEU 5s] Tournament Rules
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 02:57:59 pm »
Builds should be checked. I think ranged should be restricted to max 50 wpf in a melee proficiency
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline bagge

• cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 04:01:56 pm »
Please refer all your questions to Questions & Answers so we can pile Everything there instead 8-)
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 12:28:50 pm »
Are there any rules about the name you should take on your STF? I would personally prefer it if people would be recognizable and therefore have their main character's name. It makes the tournament a little more engaging if everybody actually knows who's fighting and what they are watching. I think most people are using recognizable names anyway, but perhaps make it obligatory.

Offline bagge

• cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 05:47:00 pm »
Are there any rules about the name you should take on your STF? I would personally prefer it if people would be recognizable and therefore have their main character's name. It makes the tournament a little more engaging if everybody actually knows who's fighting and what they are watching. I think most people are using recognizable names anyway, but perhaps make it obligatory.

That is entirely up to each player. I have the keys logged anyway so you cannot cheat with the roster.

Offline bagge

• cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 05:47:14 pm »
3.1 Deadlines
  • Every round of the tournament will have a deadline. Each team is responsible for their match schedules. Any teams to have not decided on a time or has yet to play their match by that week’s deadline will be risking tournament disqualification. Schedule your match here.

To explain this further:

Each round will have a week's deadline. I will create a new thread for each week and round where you can easily see what map(s) you are going to play and when the deadline date is set.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 08:55:51 pm by bagge »

Offline bagge

• cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 06:06:38 pm »
Removed:
  • Each team may only consist of maxmimum three players from the same clan. (2014-06-05)
  • Double Elimination group stage (2014-06-30)
Added:
  • Round Robin system for group stage (2014-06-30)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 08:55:03 pm by bagge »

Offline bagge

• cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2014, 08:56:04 pm »
1.1 Group stage
  • The group stage will consist of 20 teams and four groups. By placing first or second in the group you advance to the winner bracket of the knockout stage and if you end up third or fourth you will advance to the lower bracket in the knockout stage. Onl the team that finish fifth in the group will be eliminated from the tournament.
    The round robin system will be used in the group stage and the games are played best-of-one. Teams play eachother once during the group stage.
1.2. Play-offs
  • The play-offs consist of a double elimination bracket. All the games in the winner bracket is played best-of-three, whilst all the games in the lower bracket is played best-of-one.
1.3. The Grand Finals
  • The finals are played best-of-five with the Winner bracket team having a one match advantage.
1.4. Best-of-three (BO3) Match
  • A best-of-three (BO3) match consists of two or three maps. A match is played in two stages for 12 rounds total, 6 rounds per spawn, the map must always be restarted after a spawn switch. The winner of a game (map) is the first team who reaches a total of 7 rounds for that game (map). The remaining rounds will not be played after a team has won the map. If a game ends up in a tie, meaning that both teams have on 6 in-game rounds on the same map, a tiebreaker will be played until a winner is decided for that map.

Make sure you read this. Max important!

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 10:15:50 pm »
Suggestion : make the first 5-10 seconds of each round "preparation phase", to override the 3.3 Substitutions penalty and allow time to manage the roster on the go, between rounds, and to account for mistakes.

Offline bagge

• cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 10:29:33 pm »
Suggestion : make the first 5-10 seconds of each round "preparation phase", to override the 3.3 Substitutions penalty and allow time to manage the roster on the go, between rounds, and to account for mistakes.

When a round finish you have a 5 second period before the new round starts. Use your substitutions during this period to avoid further mistakes.

Offline bagge

• cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 01:17:51 am »
Rules update!

3.2 Rules during a match

• Matches will be 5-a-side, the team may only use a maximum of three infantry, two ranged, one cavalry and one horse ranged.
      Throwers counts as ranged.
      Horse Ranged counts as both cavalry and ranged.
      Players must have a minimum of 4 riding to be counted as cavalry. Neither the Donkey nor Sumpter Horse are allowed to be spawned in a match.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 10:11:53 pm by bagge »

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 06:59:56 am »
Damn, I knew telling you that you can abuse the donkey/sumpter to have 4 infantry players was a bad idea  :mrgreen:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bagge

• cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 10:03:36 pm »
Rules update!

2.1 Team submissions
  • Every player must use the nick name and team tag they signed up with

Offline T_Grellenort

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 31
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic Order/ Union
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2014, 06:40:24 am »
I think we do not need lower bracket.
I'm afraid it will not end otherwise.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2014, 08:21:38 pm »
It's nice to have the same kind of rules than in natives, but...

There's exciting matches and other. And it's just really a pain to fight 5 shielders :

3 melee shielders
1 1h/throwing shielder (with 3 throwing lances), but usually always going in melee with his trusty sword first. (counts as range, even if you spend 1/10th of each round map as a range)
1 1h-polearm /shielder heavy cav.

Well done for thoses teams choosing the best combination to fight on such maps such as "San'di boush", where kiting is plain impossible.

Maybe next tournament, a restriction on number of shielders ? 5 out of 5 is... slightly too much, even 4 out of 5 would be way better.
But well, i'm probably just mad at this map + this opponent + this nerf archers patch.^^ IT's like saying "screw you" to our 1 HA + 1 archer + 3 melee team. With, of course, HA and archer who can't melee (2 PS at MAX)

Thanks What Name for waiting for our 5th player though, much appreciated sportsmanship there.^^
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;