Author Topic: Bonus VS shield weapons  (Read 1791 times)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
Re: Bonus VS shield weapons
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 10:03:19 am »
Lets say the weapon stun for shieldbreakers would be implemented, don't you think that that would result in a free left swing hit with any decent speed 1h? Sounds fairly logical that it would - if timed correctly, good 1hers are able to that.
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2014, 11:06:49 am »
15 length for 2 speed is consistent for GLA->Long bardiche->Great Long Bardiche with slight damage increases along the way.

Yes, but having used both the LB and the GLA quite a lot, it feels like the additional 15 reach on the LB makes a significant difference, whereas the additional 2 speed on the GLA is barely noticeable.

I'm no expert on item balancing, but do you really consider -15 reach for +2 speed a fair trade, especially with the price difference between the two weapons?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2014, 04:52:30 pm »
It might not be for many players. I personally don't mind using short weapons and I do notice speed differences. If you take into account the price difference, long bardiche is definitely more efficient, but I think there is some use in both weapons. It's the difference between matching the speed of greatswords and the like and being slower than pretty much everything. You can hiltslash to get around it mostly, though.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2014, 05:05:02 pm »
Lol what the longaxe and bardouche are the most common polearms.

Because they are uncommonly good, they don't suffer a damage penalty for not being unbalanced, not like the newly changed 2h axes.  These are also the only two axes you see anyone dueling with.  You have to dissect what Jack's actual complaint is about: axes in general or those two weapons?  All other axes are awful weapons, and the cons far outweigh the pros compared to a similar sword.  Those two exceptions are generally good weapons.

Again, the lack of unbalanced tag is huge in what makes those weapons what they are.  Also I find it funny there's no mention of the Long War Axe in this thread, mostly because it suffers a damage penalty for not being unbalanced.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 05:09:15 pm by MURDERTRON »
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 05:16:25 pm »
+1
Shield breaking weapons should not have be stunned when hitting shields, this would be silly and a uncalled for nerf to weapons that are barely used as it is (maybe they are common in NA i dunno, barely see them in EU though).
They are also not op at all, they break shields and hit hard yes, but they dont have good thrusts and usually pretty shitty reach aswell. Using a Hafted Blade is better than a long axe anyways, or using a spear/awlpike compared to a Long war axe. And for 2h weapons having the thrust is such a big advantage compared to being able to break shields faster.

IMO Long axe is better than GLA, because my build has high athletics so i can make up for the lack of reach. But i still find GLA to be a really strong weapon, having good reach and crazy damage. As for the shieldbreaking part i feel they both break shields at about the same rate.

Again, the lack of unbalanced tag is huge in what makes those weapons what they are.  Also I find it funny there's no mention of the Long War Axe in this thread, mostly because it suffers a damage penalty for not being unbalanced.

The long war axe is probably the best out of the polearm axes, because its a nice balance of speed and length.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login