Author Topic: Thomek  (Read 13810 times)

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Re: Thomek
« Reply #120 on: March 29, 2014, 05:44:30 pm »
No Admining without representation!

Actually your opinion doesn't count if a matter affects EU only.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2014, 05:49:37 pm »
Actually your opinion doesn't count if a matter affects EU only.
Have so many things I want to say, but I'm not since that's so off-topic. I'll just let my quotes of badmin thomek speak for themselves.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2014, 06:13:06 pm »
+5
Everyone dislike macro users, except macro users themselves; they benefit from a lack of a clear infraction frame (hard to detect + hard to prove/unprove) and a bigger artificial skill ceiling.

I'm all for creating clearer rules against macroing, and clear ways to say "this is macro/this is pro skill", to avoid bad interpretations from happening, but until someone step up and do the much awaited and much needed lawmaking, should we really bomb admins for trying? On the case of Thomek, especially, its not like he perma-ed the accused and gave no appeal chance. If we really wanted to play the uber pro lawyers, like everyone is doing in this thread, one could say the accusation Thomek laid out is as invalid as the defender video which proves nothing.

Basically calm your collective tits, and lets use the "momentum" of the re-appareance of that very very old and problematic topic (macros) to finally do something about it that the majority can accept and respect.
If you continue to bomb Thomek, you can be sure he will grow tired of all your bullshit and give up, probably as the whole admin community has already, and you will be able to enjoy your balanced cRPG duels until the next game.

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2014, 06:17:02 pm »
+2
I have banned some teammates bumping me or others at the start of round, yes.
Did you warn them before banning?, i agree its very annoying and it always happens to me but,
i think just a warning and a kick is suitable for this, they could of lagged or had a frame rate drop

letting people "play their class" wasting the time of everyone on the server, or just letting them know that there is a limit to how many rounds you can be last xbower/HX/HA or hiding hero taking your time and ignoring flags?
that's why we have flags, to stop delaying, it takes around 30 seconds to raise the flags, if they glitch then yes WARN them that the flags are glitched and to make a last stand.

this game has a spectate after dead feature and by choosing to join EU_1 you accept this feature

BY JOINING THIS SERVER (EU_1) YOU ACCEPT THAT IF YOU DIE YOU CAN BE WAITING FOR UP TO 4 MINUTES
BY CLICKING JOIN SERVER YOU ARE ACCEPTING TO THESE CONDITIONS AND HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN (EVEN IF YOU ARE ADMIN)

its just like counter strike's competitive message
(click to show/hide)

you can multiply those 2mins wasted by everyones time, and it quickly becomes hours of others people time wasted.
so what im getting at is no one who accepts these conditions can say someone who is "delaying" is wasting their time, they are wasting there own time by accepting to the server conditions
and complaining about it.

Offline Qoray

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2014, 06:24:43 pm »
The videos do not prove anything, other than that the player has "advanced" gear with macroabilities.

I fullhearthedly approve of random NKVD-style reprimandes on whim or suspicion.
It is a very costefficient way of keeping antisocial activities to a minimum.

A kick or ban from eu-servers for 2 min ..15 min ..1 hour .. 24 hours.. is not a deathpenalty. No need for 100% certainty, 25% certainty will do just fine.
Bring out your inner utilitarian ... or totalitarian

Thomek best admin! :D

how am i supposed to proof iam not then, maybe u wanna visit me here in germany and watch me play ?

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 29, 2014, 06:26:42 pm »
+8
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 09:16:34 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #126 on: March 29, 2014, 06:35:05 pm »
+10
Pls NA we don't want your freedom! :lol:

Offline Qoray

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 29, 2014, 06:38:53 pm »
I've had my grievances with Thomek (look at some of my post history), yet after speaking to him a few times in TS and irc, he's actually a pretty chill, relaxed guy that honestly wants the best for the community, (eve if he did make a rash decision) but at least we know there is finally an admin beginning to think (and act, even if wrongly) on these 'cheats.'

Watch you play? Sounds kinda dirty

u trole

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2014, 06:51:54 pm »
+2
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 06:16:20 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2014, 07:04:10 pm »
It's late at night and some HA is shooting at a shield far away while flags are going up. Is he trying to win?

No, he can't possible be trying to win by shooting someone as a HA.

yet after speaking to him a few times in TS and irc, he's actually a pretty chill, relaxed guy (eve if he did make a rash decision)

LOL, of course he's gunna be pally and lick your arse if he did something wrong and you know/have proof

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2014, 07:26:44 pm »
+1
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 09:16:05 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2014, 08:02:29 pm »
so at least learn about things before you go ahead and spout shit.

Or what?

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2014, 08:25:09 pm »
+6
No, he can't possible be trying to win by shooting someone as a HA.

Can we please not bring the all HA-HX delayer problems, please. Not in this kind of thread...

There's people who have fun, watching an HA/HX spend the remaining minute shooting at a shielder, trying to bump shoot him several times, while the shielder teammates are busy pulling the flags up. There's others who find that boring, since the outcome is 99% of time already decided, and they themselves chased the HA/HX all round, for nothing, so are also a bit butthurt. The round will end in :
A- HA/HX killed the shielder with pure skill. But looses the round cause of flag.
B- HA/HX did not killed the shileder. And looses the round cause of flag.
C- HA/HX killed the shielder in one HS, then killed 7 guys in 49 seconds. But still lost cause the lost shielder got the flag. But we had drama.
D- HA/HX moved away from the shielder, and decided to focus an armored horse chasing him. Cause i'll get valor  bitch. And lost the round.

All this situations are always different. You can't say they always delay, you can't always accept the "it's his class" logic. This is all based on common sense, wich is.. in the rules (and yes, i believe using macros for feinting should also fall in the common sense rule, afaik all thoses :"It's not in the rules, so let's use macro" worshippers...) and admins are here to enforce the rules.

I lol'ed at the RANDOM people, blaming Thomek for all the actions popping in their mind, and this particular one that doesn't concern themselves, and was dealt with pretty well between the two protagonists, when the actual outcome is : max one day ban from Crpg server, a beautiful video of Qoray's hand moving harmoniously on a Razer, Qoray's beautifull lines of exquisite english
u trole
some conspiracy from NA, trying to remove all EU admins to rule the world, and a butthurted jtobiasm, jumping in the "let's blame Thomek for all the evils in the world"-wagon.

So let's just end this, wich is getting nowhere.

Thomek apologised (wich as many believe like kindergartens, is not an easy thing to do for adults, since you need maturity).
Qoray showed us that he knows how to swear in english, how to feint in a real duel in Crpg, and that he can beat Thomek (at least once) without using macros.
Anders showed that he doesn't know what's happening in EU, but damn, Thomek should get his admin rights revoked, because FREEDOM.
jtobiasm showed that he is here, and also want to be noticed, since he can also badmouth Thomek, so please give him +1, loltybbq. (and that an HA shooting at a shield is trying to win the round, even though flags are up).
Murdertron is asking for his adminship back, or at least that all admins are revoked. That way he won't feel lonely as the main badmin.
Christo is always there when there's drama. That's why he's the King, and the Dramaturge.
Saxon was a pro player at CS when he was 16. He was also a pro player at CS when he was 16. Did i mention, wich is very relevant in all this thread, that he was a pro player at CS ? Oh, and he also cheated using macros to buy his gear in two seconds, while other pros were using their fast finger movements.
Bulzur despised cheaters and people just taking advantage of every little bad action, to add all the minor effects they experienced, and really ruined their entire life.
Kalp is mad.
Hardrice is a pro user of paint.

Nice summary we got here, i believe.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2014, 08:50:24 pm »
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 09:15:45 pm by SirCymro_Crusader »

Offline the real god emperor

• King