Poll

Is NA boring enough yet?

Yes
73 (70.9%)
No
30 (29.1%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Author Topic: Wars and Alliances NA - STRATEGUS 5 (NEW MAP)  (Read 13488 times)

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
Re: Wars and Alliances NA - STRATEGUS 5 (NEW MAP)
« Reply #135 on: April 28, 2014, 07:49:13 am »
+3
assuming those 6 are not all allied together then its a step up from EU. but yeah NA has its mega-alliance issues too.. its still not as bad as EU though

On any given day, look how many "real fights" are taking place in EU. Maybe one or two. And they're taking place against a gigantic slav hive-mind that a very large part of EU has decided to ignore, and a few have even decided to move to NA.

Now, look how many fights take place on any given day in NA. Maybe a fight against AI that 30 defenders at the most will sign up, more likely 20. There are a few in which factions that don't give a shit will attack lucrative targets with a lot of crates.

Even so, think about how many "good" fights have taken place in NA in the entire strategus round. I can't think of a single one that has not had a 10 or more player disparity between the factions.

Strategus has no consensual sex. Only brutal rape. Let's just get on with the full plate rondel daggers fights for XP because every sane participant knows that is the end goal.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #136 on: April 28, 2014, 10:17:02 am »
+6
On any given day, look how many "real fights" are taking place in EU. Maybe one or two. And they're taking place against a gigantic slav hive-mind that a very large part of EU has decided to ignore, and a few have even decided to move to NA.

Now, look how many fights take place on any given day in NA. Maybe a fight against AI that 30 defenders at the most will sign up, more likely 20. There are a few in which factions that don't give a shit will attack lucrative targets with a lot of crates.

Even so, think about how many "good" fights have taken place in NA in the entire strategus round. I can't think of a single one that has not had a 10 or more player disparity between the factions.

Strategus has no consensual sex. Only brutal rape. Let's just get on with the full plate rondel daggers fights for XP because every sane participant knows that is the end goal.

i do agree nothing much has happened on NA side but at least there is a higher potential (x<0)for wars than the on the EU side... that counts for something doesn't it?

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #137 on: April 28, 2014, 11:26:08 am »
+3
I know I'm a noob - having only played strat for the end of last round plus the beginning of this one - and I don't have to mastermind a clans tactics - but c'mon, the point of strat is to pit yourselves against another faction and take their motherfuckn land and troops and their self respect and sanity. If the point of this strat is trade trade trade and then battle for purely XP, well, I'll be dissapointed.
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #138 on: April 28, 2014, 11:47:27 am »
+6
66 towns controlled by 6 clans.

And I think the funny part of it all is that EU clans think the grass is greener over here.  They'll learn tho.

60 fiefs controlled by 2 factions.

Take Kapikulu into account and its 79 fiefs controlled by 3 factions.

Wait until UIF takes half of the remaining Shogunate fiefs and its 83 fiefs controlled by 3 factions.

Tell me again how NA, with its 66 fiefs controlled by 6 factions that aren't even officially allied, is better than 83 fiefs controlled by 3 factions officially allied.

Edit: Of course I know that EU has more fiefs in total, but that doesn't change that UIF owns half of the map, each one of them, Greys, Druzhina and Kapis own a territory that large that they don't need anyone else to trade with. They can simply trade from one end of their territory to the other end. No faction in NA can do that while actually making a decent amount of profit. (Distance bonus would not be good enough pretty much)

So yes, until Greys and Druzhina start a war with each other, NA is indeed better than EU.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 12:03:02 pm by Switchtense »
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
« Reply #139 on: April 28, 2014, 02:18:08 pm »
>>Well, maybe not officially allied.<<

There's the problem.  I pointed out that there is an unspoken alliance between Special Ed and the Squids.  Now we have the Marauders and the Squids... there was a merc contract, nothing more.  Acre and the Marauders went to war with one another.  That war produced two battles, and one was a fluke.  It ended in 24 hours, and in the Marauders thread, the Squids are claiming that the Marauders made peace, but the Squids hadn't.  The Squids weren't at war, so why would they have to?  Ah, because the merc contract was actually a full fledged alliance, that's why.

Now look at the actions of Special Ed.  They're jumping on any small army, small trader they see.  They're technically at war with Acre, but no major battle has happened yet.  Why is that?  It's not from a lack of resources on either side.

>>Edit: Of course I know that EU has more fiefs in total, but that doesn't change that UIF owns half of the map, each one of them, Greys, Druzhina and Kapis own a territory that large that they don't need anyone else to trade with. They can simply trade from one end of their territory to the other end. No faction in NA can do that while actually making a decent amount of profit. (Distance bonus would not be good enough pretty much)<<

I think Special Ed can do it.  They have fiefs at either end of the desert.  KBW lands are quite extensive, and Occitan has Tadsamesh/Caraf Castle.    The Squids can do it too now I believe. 

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #140 on: April 28, 2014, 02:25:44 pm »
+3

Ichamur - great fight.  Had 49 show up on ai side and 48 on attackers side.
Two nights ago battle between gforce guy and Jack1, equal number of mercs, really close fight.
First Reyvadin battle - great fight
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Mae.

• Duke
  • Renown: 516
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • :3
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: mae
« Reply #141 on: April 28, 2014, 05:50:02 pm »
If you're caught in Special Education area without talking to someone you will be attacked because it's called closed borders, if you make yourself an 'easy target' that shits on you doggie.

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #142 on: April 28, 2014, 05:58:13 pm »
+1
If you're caught in Special Education area without talking to someone you will be attacked because it's called closed borders, if you make yourself an 'easy target' that shits on you doggie.

Yeah, to be fair, GForce did immediately go after Hospitallers who were around them in the same numbers. There are much better examples of nerds holding hands refusing to fight and only going after 5man clans than Gforce attacking S/D thiefs.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Switchtense

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 28, 2014, 06:44:09 pm »
+3
>>Well, maybe not officially allied.<<

There's the problem.  I pointed out that there is an unspoken alliance between Special Ed and the Squids.  Now we have the Marauders and the Squids... there was a merc contract, nothing more.  Acre and the Marauders went to war with one another.  That war produced two battles, and one was a fluke.  It ended in 24 hours, and in the Marauders thread, the Squids are claiming that the Marauders made peace, but the Squids hadn't.  The Squids weren't at war, so why would they have to?  Ah, because the merc contract was actually a full fledged alliance, that's why.

Now look at the actions of Special Ed.  They're jumping on any small army, small trader they see.  They're technically at war with Acre, but no major battle has happened yet.  Why is that?  It's not from a lack of resources on either side.

Even if Special Education and Squids and maybe also Marauders are allied, they can still be hurt big times by other factions.
That alone makes NA better than EU, because over there literally nothing can harm UIF. The only way UIF could actually be harmed would be for the whole rest of EU to unite and attack them together. That is not possible, no matter how much you turn and twist it. It is about as easy as uniting the whole of NA to invade EU (Even if there was no ping disadvantage which obviously puts some people off). It would still never happen.
The lack of battles is purely a result of factions not wanting to lose troops or gear.
Any battle against UIF results in totall annihilation of the Anti-UIF side (Shogunate is the best example, not bad gear but no chance whatsoever)

>>Edit: Of course I know that EU has more fiefs in total, but that doesn't change that UIF owns half of the map, each one of them, Greys, Druzhina and Kapis own a territory that large that they don't need anyone else to trade with. They can simply trade from one end of their territory to the other end. No faction in NA can do that while actually making a decent amount of profit. (Distance bonus would not be good enough pretty much)<<

I think Special Ed can do it.  They have fiefs at either end of the desert.  KBW lands are quite extensive, and Occitan has Tadsamesh/Caraf Castle.    The Squids can do it too now I believe.

Special Education can definitely do it. But they don't own the desert. They own parts of it. They have to travel through unclaimed lands, or more importantly, unguarded.
While Druzhina literally has control over their whole desert, Special Ed has to send caravans to the other side, taking the risk of hostile parties raiding them where they have no fiefs/armies. And that would definitely be the case if someone was to declare war on them and actually invading their territory.
Try entering Druzhina lands with a decent army if you are hostile, or even if you just aren't friendly. Good luck.

Squids definitely cannot do it. The distance bonus would either be 0, or even negative. (If GoW or Legs belong to them, same problem as Special Ed.

Occitans, maybe, but its the same problem as Special Ed. Unguarded lands, taking the risk of raids.

Keyboard Warriors also same thing. The fiefs are just too mixed up, no faction actually has one huge blob of territory. Purely distance wise quite a few clans are capable of trading with themselves. But in times of war this would prove itself as a very very difficult thing to do. (Provided the attackers know what they are doing)
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #144 on: April 28, 2014, 06:44:27 pm »
+1
Don't worry guise. Tasa Clan will soon go to war.

Strat shall live.

Yus!

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • Renown: 371
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW squid
  • Game nicks: Wesley
« Reply #145 on: April 28, 2014, 07:32:26 pm »
Balikar, are you in Acre/SR by any chance?
lmao.
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

http://www.insomniagamer.com/lp/leagueofangels/loapink/

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
« Reply #146 on: April 28, 2014, 07:42:38 pm »
+1
>>Balikar, are you in Acre/SR by any chance?<<

Nope.  Outsider looking in. 

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • Renown: 371
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW squid
  • Game nicks: Wesley
« Reply #147 on: April 28, 2014, 07:47:56 pm »
Then get your shit together.
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

http://www.insomniagamer.com/lp/leagueofangels/loapink/

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #148 on: April 28, 2014, 09:04:12 pm »
+1
Switch even if ALL of the rest of EU besides Kap, Grey and DRZ united together to attack them, they would stand no chance of making a dent in them.  You'd need some massive coordination and would need lots of people buying and selling the S&D in their fiefs to burn S&D. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Switchtense

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 28, 2014, 09:48:37 pm »
+1
Switch even if ALL of the rest of EU besides Kap, Grey and DRZ united together to attack them, they would stand no chance of making a dent in them.  You'd need some massive coordination and would need lots of people buying and selling the S&D in their fiefs to burn S&D.

That is the 2nd problem. Technically it would be possible to hurt UIF in the long run. But the coordination would be impossible. I will just dare to go that far to say that not even Druzhina would be capable of doing that.