Poll

Is NA boring enough yet?

Yes
73 (70.9%)
No
30 (29.1%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Author Topic: Wars and Alliances NA - STRATEGUS 5 (NEW MAP)  (Read 13407 times)

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
Re: Wars and Alliances NA - STRATEGUS 5 (NEW MAP)
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2014, 03:37:34 am »
+1
Not super really. If you have...STB I believe, you can get the Political map in 2 seconds.

Such a downer anders..

Y u do dis?

But is astralis playing MO now?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2014, 03:39:45 am »
Such a downer anders..

Y u do dis?

But is astralis playing MO now?

For MO, mostly Yes. I don't play it, but a bunch of the guys do it seems. And other things. Thanks to Strat, most everyone gave up crpg/strat to play something else more fun.

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2014, 04:00:26 am »
+2
Well, Thanks to: AoW, WoN Astralis has quit strat, more or less. One less faction you guys have to worry about. You put everyone back into mortal so no one really plays strat save but a few. Hell, i don't even bother trying to get strat ticks much anymore.

That's a bit simplisticly one sided. Astralis quit strat because Astralis quit strat. They quit strat because they lost a war. Surely they had the choice to regroup and carry on, or quit and not be arsed. That bit was their choice and not much to do with AoW/WoN.

Not super really. If you have...STB I believe, you can get the Political map in 2 seconds.

Jesus, you're as bad as Murdertron. STB is pretty broken - and this is more accessible anyway. Good job Arty and Rhalzo!
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2014, 04:13:28 am »
That's a bit simplisticly one sided. Astralis quit strat because Astralis quit strat. They quit strat because they lost a war. Surely they had the choice to regroup and carry on, or quit and not be arsed. That bit was their choice and not much to do with AoW/WoN.

No. We had a fief and a regroup area, but AoW attacked that and took it and then sold it to w/e the desert alliance is now. You'd be surprised how many "no we can't attack them cause AoW" or "To big" or...

Losing all your fiefs usually makes clans not want to play strat. especially when the leader doesn't want anything to do with this "meta Alliance BS" that is/has gone on.

It's also easy to blame it on the players for not caring, but when you have a fief(I do believe you or your faction does, please correct this) it's easy to look down on someone. Astralis still plays, but without a fief to defend most players don't care. By removing astralis from the map, you removed roughly 15 players from strat that moderately cared. No one in the faction wants to spend the effort to actually organize anything because that kills your life.

Now can we scrounge up the player we need in a battle that happens to be ours? Sure. We do have nearly 20 people on in TS daily, but most prefer not to play strat because there is nothing to fucking do beside trade trade trade, since we can't really attack anyone.

Jesus, you're as bad as Murdertron. STB is pretty broken - and this is more accessible anyway. Good job Arty and Rhalzo!
(click to show/hide)

And I'm not putting either of them down, but that setup and layout come almost from that. What's nice is that he Adds faction names to it, and a cool fief icon.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 04:23:03 am by Lt_Anders »

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2014, 04:53:42 am »
+2
It's not even finished, still more stuff to be added, I just thought people might be interested in seeing where it's at.

mostly making the political map because cartography is cool

Also, not everybody uses STB, and I know people who don't even play strat that like these things lol

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2014, 04:55:24 am »
It's not even finished, still more stuff to be added, I just thought people might be interested in seeing where it's at.

mostly making the political map because cartography is cool

Well, if the finished product continues to look good...I might just squeal. :wink:

Offline Balikar

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moonshine, Cruxton
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2014, 05:02:12 am »
Could always include a stripe of some sort for a closed fief, no stripe for open trade.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2014, 05:03:32 am »
It's not even finished, still more stuff to be added

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2014, 06:25:57 am »
No. We had a fief and a regroup area, but AoW attacked that and took it and then sold it to w/e the desert alliance is now. You'd be surprised how many "no we can't attack them cause AoW" or "To big" or...

Losing all your fiefs usually makes clans not want to play strat. especially when the leader doesn't want anything to do with this "meta Alliance BS" that is/has gone on.

It's also easy to blame it on the players for not caring, but when you have a fief (I do believe you or your faction does, please correct this) it's easy to look down on someone. Astralis still plays, but without a fief to defend most players don't care. By removing astralis from the map, you removed roughly 15 players from strat that moderately cared. No one in the faction wants to spend the effort to actually organize anything because that kills your life.

Actually this is exactly what happened to me - The Lonely Fun Squad - won a fief over two sieges cos the first time grubby Acre wanted merc money for AI; then the next day we (my two man clan) lost it to Marauders cos, fuck them and all their players and large armies. It was shit and annoying but once I got over the - WHAAAA FUCK STRAT THIS IS SHIT AND TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT - I started trade grinding again, equipped my army and joined up with my Dracul buds (and if Arty etc had continued to be in GOBBLINS I probs would have joined some other random small clan e.g. Mango or Havelle instead).

TLDR: If Astralis was made up of 20x me's - they'd still be playing strat (COS WE'RE CRAZY!).
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 06:34:11 am by landscribe »
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2014, 07:11:02 am »
+5
Actually this is exactly what happened to me - The Lonely Fun Squad - won a fief over two sieges cos the first time grubby Acre wanted merc money for AI; then the next day we (my two man clan) lost it to Marauders cos, fuck them and all their players and large armies. It was shit and annoying but once I got over the - WHAAAA FUCK STRAT THIS IS SHIT AND TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT - I started trade grinding again, equipped my army and joined up with my Dracul buds (and if Arty etc had continued to be in GOBBLINS I probs would have joined some other random small clan e.g. Mango or Havelle instead).

TLDR: If Astralis was made up of 20x me's - they'd still be playing strat (COS WE'RE CRAZY!).

Just take the high road and say that you aren't playing strat because you're nerds.

We got kicked out of our home and said we'd continue the wars against aow/wotn (god knows why they haven't wiped us since it's like 75-20 between them, maybe they have pity on our pathetic sperg souls). Why? Because we're fucking nerds. Fuck of a lot we have to show for it, but we'll keep on keeping on until there's an NA-wide pact to only have XP battles. Such a pact wouldn't involve us, but if it was us against the rest of NA, I guess we'd quit. It's not quite to that point.

Don't say that you quit because you're outnumbered. Squids ain't sent barely shit to mijayet, you or I could have taken it without contest, but we were bad nerds and didn't attack it before they could sell it to gforce/tardguards. That's our fault. Just be honest and say you quit because you're smaller nerds than you may have thought you were.

Really, it makes you look better than us. We look like fucking sperg pieces of shit, am I right?

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2014, 12:43:08 pm »
+2
You're all winners in my eyes.

And good job Artyem, I like the strat faction icons, it makes it more interesting to look at.

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Horns_Archive

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2014, 06:20:05 pm »
+2
So when are we dropping all the bull shit and invading EU cuz i want some god damn fish and chips.

Offline Vengt037

• Count
  • Renown: 259
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE47rDVh3c0
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vengt_The_Horsethief, Glorefindel, Vanderkaum
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2014, 06:45:06 pm »

It's also easy to blame it on the players for not caring, but when you have a fief(I do believe you or your faction does, please correct this) it's easy to look down on someone. Astralis still plays, but without a fief to defend most players don't care. By removing astralis from the map, you removed roughly 15 players from strat that moderately cared. No one in the faction wants to spend the effort to actually organize anything because that kills your life.

Now can we scrounge up the player we need in a battle that happens to be ours? Sure. We do have nearly 20 people on in TS daily, but most prefer not to play strat because there is nothing to fucking do beside trade trade trade, since we can't really attack anyone.

I know of a place with many nubile young fiefs just waiting to be taken. 
"Vengt, you are like my favorite player in CRPG."
- BlackWhite

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2014, 06:54:57 pm »
+3
People can give excuses and reasons all they want, the fact is strat is a ghost town when only 11 people are showing up for an AI castle defense during NA Prime time:

- Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2014, 10:53:32 pm »
+4
People can give excuses and reasons all they want, the fact is strat is a ghost town when only 11 people are showing up for an AI castle defense during NA Prime time:

yeah there was also the 1200 vs 1800 at noon EST today which was a 15 v 7 flag cap (the 1200 capped flags). id say strat in NA is pretty done.