Author Topic: Why is always the sound gone... ;-)  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
Why is always the sound gone... ;-)
« on: February 02, 2014, 01:26:52 pm »
since a couple of weeks ago I have a weird problem:

does not happen always, but happens a lot - mid-round or right from the start WSE2 has no sound at all.

First thought it was a problem with my hardware or driver setup, but everything else from movies to other games works well.

I use the Realtek onboard chipset of my laptop and sometimes external USB speakers with integrated sound chip.
Happens with both.

Enabling/disabling the filter settings in the WSE2 options has no positive or negative effect.

Only thing that helps: reboot.

Ideas?
Does WSE2 have known issues with Windows 8 or does it need/hate specific driver settings (like the "exclusive" usage thingy...).

Thanks a lot for any useful input!
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Why is always the sound gone... ;-)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 04:57:23 pm »
I have started experiencing the exact same problem since I changed my headphones and added a sound card. After a very variable number of rounds my headphones will go mute. It seems completely random as sometimes I can play hours without any problems and sometimes it happens right away. Quitting the game doesn't solve the problem, neither does closing my windows session or unplugging/replugging the headphones, which is intriguing. As Hirlok said, the only thing I found that solves the problem is rebooting. After quitting the game, windows tells me that everything works fine, as I get the visual indicator that a sound is being played when e.g. I change the volume. To the best of my knowledge, cRPG with WSE2 is the only game that does this, although I did not try reproducing it in Native or in cRPG without WSE2 yet.

Offline sir_timtim

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 02:13:43 pm »
I really think you should try pressing [Q] then [M] and then [V] to activate in-voice game chat.That is the only problem it seems you guys have.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 04:52:27 pm »
I really think you should try pressing [Q] then [M] and then [V] to activate in-voice game chat.That is the only problem it seems you guys have.

Such ancient, much thread necro. and no,this was not some accidental disabling of sound but a bug, had something to do with different sound devices and exclusive access, which is buggy in Win 8.  Anyways thanks for trying.

But in the meantime the problem went away after whatever WSE2 update. Recently it is more the chat randomly disappearing and re-appearing, sound atm is fine.
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...