Author Topic: X-bow has ruined whole mod  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: X-bow has ruined whole mod
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2014, 08:00:18 pm »
May I dare suggest your perspective could be colored more by EU2 than EU1, Kafein? I don't mind ranged damage half as much in siege as I do in battle.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2014, 08:13:48 pm »
May I dare suggest your perspective could be colored more by EU2 than EU1, Kafein? I don't mind ranged damage half as much in siege as I do in battle.

That is very probably true, although I maintain my point about melee damage being too low and projectile speed being too high.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 10:28:03 pm »
+1
it seems to make sense to me that xbows should have some sort of skill investment, as throwing and archery and even melee does (power strike).  Get rid of your realism arguments, it's a matter of balance that they should have some sort of skill investment to use (not just "str" requirement). 

The time to have implemented a skill for xbows however has passed, this should have been done when everyone got free character respecs.

Good point though Jack. Whole situation with ranged is totally out of hand. In my opinion now that i am not so angry its really tricky to get any sense of this situation. Maybe amount of projectiles should be less and then again any great weapons /armor should be lot more expensive to maintain. I mean lot more!

Wrong.

Ranged damage on EU servers over the past year:  28%.  Ranged damage on EU over a "few minutes" (dealing millions of damage seems to be over a few minutes time, but I digress):  30% total ranged damage.

NA1 is even less, 26% over a year, and 28% over a small window. 

Go fuck yourself with your anecdotal bullshit (that is wrong, and biased). 

*FULL DISCLOSURE*  I don't have any ranged characters, or any ranged hybrid chars.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 11:18:42 pm »
+2
What if they greatly increased reload time for xbows across the board? My +3 Crossbow with 160wpf reloads so fast I can do it on the open and only get hit by enemy ranged if they were already firing at me before I started to reload. +3 heavy xbow isn't much slower...

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline ROHYPNOL

• Earl
  • Renown: 361
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Poor Washing Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2014, 04:15:09 am »
+1
It is ranged as a whole not just xbow. All of ranged is bullshit, and is forcing even the better players to do it because they are sick of getting shot up by a bunch of shitties that cannot play any other build. Just revert this POS mod to 3 years ago when it was fun. Crpg devs think they know more than the devs that actually made the game in the first place, there is the problem. I could go into further elaboration but I would rather not.
Quote from: Jeade
you're rough around the edges.
This is the reason people don't like you if anyone ever did.

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 04:18:01 am »
I think the xbows should be like in native. They're not good enough.