Author Topic: Back, And the rondel!  (Read 1579 times)

Offline slimpyman

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Back, And the rondel!
« on: January 14, 2014, 05:23:41 am »
+2
I logged on for the first time in months, and noticed when i whipped out my +3 rondel, i couldnt toggle to swings... Now my pike build is pretty much null and void. what good is pulling out a rondel dagger in close quarters when all they need to do is still only block down (so dumb).    So then i look at the shop. It looks like the long dagger is longer, has a swing, quicker, cheaper upkeep, and only 1 less pierce on the stab.  So what the fuck do i do with this +3 rondel. I dont even see it listed in the marketplace. 

Anyone wanna swap?

Devs wanna implement some mechanic where you can switch out this rondel trash for something less trashy?

Offline pingpong

• Earl
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 220
    • View Profile
Re: Back, And the rondel!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 09:18:08 am »
+27
It got nerfed because every dirtbag douche used it with shield and this combined with 4D pierce attacks made it very OP.
If you look at it closely you see that it looks more like a screwdriver than blade, you wouldnt try to slash people with a fucking screwdriver IRL would you? It should have been a 1D thrust weapon when it was added because thats how it was used in medieval times, to finish up opponents in plate armor with a single thrust to the neck.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 09:21:36 am by pingpong »

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 11:36:45 am »
+3
The swings were meant to be like this (gripping the dagger the other way around, but they never got around changing the model):
(click to show/hide)

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 11:44:54 am »
+7
like you didn't know from the start that it would have been nerfed; you really want an item that costs 598 gold to be that useful? fuck it, why can't i set people on fire with my torch? if i loom it do i have any chance of causing a burn to the opponent?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 11:47:37 am »
Just get a short sword and call it day.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Spurdospera

• Earl
  • Renown: 315
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spurdo...
  • IRC nick: Spurdo
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 12:09:04 pm »
+1
Well, wouldn´t consider rondel to be any worse than long dagger. The thing that makes rondel so good and spammable is the fact that it only has 1 attack direction, huge buff when you maneuver around in group of tincans. If rondel would have any more attack directions it would only nerf it since there would be risk of sideswings in middle of spam and glance and death. Ofcourse only one attack direction is easy to block but then again who goes dueling with rondel anyway? It´s a backstab weapon afaik.

tl;dr: Rondel is still viable, playing style is just different from other daggers.
Quote from: Mortemer
spurdo is as useless as my hat.

Offline slimpyman

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 03:35:15 pm »
i would have been fine with damge nerf honestly... its like, seriously, when something is nerfed to the point where it literally has no trade value in the marketplace, you know something went wrong somewhere. when i went out of my way for a +3 rondel, and now i can not recoup its own value or a different +3 its jacked up.  hell id rather +3 my wookie boots if id known they were gonna take the shit away.

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 03:39:13 pm »
+2
i would have been fine with damge nerf honestly... its like, seriously, when something is nerfed to the point where it literally has no trade value in the marketplace, you know something went wrong somewhere. when i went out of my way for a +3 rondel, and now i can not recoup its own value or a different +3 its jacked up.  hell id rather +3 my wookie boots if id known they were gonna take the shit away.

You picked an OP weapon to use and now you are complaining it got nerfed? The rondel still has more value than a HEavy lance, i dont see those guys complaining.
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 04:34:18 pm »
ever since it was added, ive always debated on how it could slash with that amount of damage, it didn't make any sense for it to slash at all. so the nerf was needed.

serves you right for wanting a broken weapon really mate

ive always known not to go for weapons that are in high aggro to get nerfed. (a high amount of the player base putting threads on the forum asking for a certain weapon to get nerfed)

For example: http://forum.melee.org/the-chamber-of-tears/nerf-rondel-54439/

Suggestion:

« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 04:39:42 pm by Saxon. »

Offline slimpyman

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 04:37:03 am »
+1
i literally used the rondel to supplement my pike.   some people are good at blocking down when im using my pike, so i put like 100 1h points so I could use the rondel for the swings.  i dont care if the dmg got nerfed, but now I got a +3 rondel, whichs utility laid in its ability to swing...  now anyone who can block down can win against my pike/rondel build. 

crpg is going downhill in alot of other aspects as well.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2014, 06:39:49 am »
i literally used the rondel to supplement my pike.   some people are good at blocking down when im using my pike, so i put like 100 1h points so I could use the rondel for the swings.  i dont care if the dmg got nerfed, but now I got a +3 rondel, whichs utility laid in its ability to swing...  now anyone who can block down can win against my pike/rondel build. 

crpg is going downhill in alot of other aspects as well.
This is downhill for u? Quite the opposite. And such a thing like a pike/rondel build does not exsist. U have a Pole/1h build. Use a freaking "Broad Short Sword" or any other 1h weapon. They are pretty powerful. Dont tell us that you are suddenly incapable of killing anything now that the OP Rondel got nerfed. Because if you do, it just proves how badly it needed a nerf in the first place. Aslong as you got the weaponclass WPF you have no excuse. The only thing you should be complaining about is the oblivious marketvalue of your MW that suddenly got, I imagine dropped significantly.

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2014, 06:49:19 am »
+1
If he only wants to swing their is lots of other more effective suggestions at 100wpf and some PS.

Spiked club springs to mind directly or if thats too slow the Short Falchion is fast as frig, both also have some "reach".
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)

Offline Johammeth

• King
  • Renown: 1077
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ConnectiKUTT
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2014, 07:31:31 am »
+1
Ignore everything else; 4d pierce is obscenely strong.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2014, 08:13:08 am »
+1
... fuck it, why can't i set people on fire with my torch? if i loom it do i have any chance of causing a burn to the opponent?

Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad