Author Topic: Team Stacking???  (Read 3357 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: Team Stacking???
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 07:06:39 am »
you can do teamwork WITHOUT banner balance , i will always be agaisnt it because its not even balanced lol  ,  banner balance has 0 logic ,
playing with your  clannies should be reserved for mostly one thing : STRATEGUS

I'm not in a clan and I disagree. I use a banner none of the major clans use. So do a few other regulars. I like seeing them on my team all the time. It's like being in a clan without the pain in the ass of being in one.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 07:10:13 am »
So thats why that PIN is for? Team stacking? Would be nice to take it out I think.
I play, don't have a clan, and don't know if Ill enter in one, probably not, I got high latency in all servers, but still play fairly well.
But I for sure want to play a fair game with skilled players on both side.

Banner balance is imba.

Sounds like the only appropriate response is "Tough shit".

I read your complaint as something akin to:
I don't have a basketball team, don't think I'll ever bother with one, but I'm going to enter a tournament anyways.  Everyone should have a pick-up team of pubbies just to keep things fair.....
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 08:02:19 am »
Sounds like the only appropriate response is "Tough shit".

I read your complaint as something akin to:
I don't have a basketball team, don't think I'll ever bother with one, but I'm going to enter a tournament anyways.  Everyone should have a pick-up team of pubbies just to keep things fair.....

But it's the opposite?? I haven't gotten into Strategus yet but that would be the tournament and the servers would be pubs..?

A big reason I also brought this entire topic up is because, imo, the multiplier is not a good way to gain xp... Its almost a lottery with the team switching and doesn't really cause cohesian of a team (One guy might have 5x while other has 1x)... Gaining money can come to a crawl when losing 4-0 several games in a row.. I'm still confused if balance is a goal of the game... The multiplier depends on one team being stacked more than the other to be effective... The funnest battles are those that are close by <5 people, not a crushing defeat of 20 people still alive...

Everyone might as well copy the banner of the clans server and join in order to get on the stacked team... Which I do see a good amount of actually.

Try countering with some tactics. Pick a banner, take the initiative, be polite and pray for some understanding.

GL  :D

^ That's truly all one can do I guess.. lol
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 08:26:10 am by PieParadox »

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 09:28:13 am »
The problem is that random ppl doesn't know how to play together and do teamwork. Everyone go in different direction, rambo, camping, running...

I'm not in a clan, but i like to stick with group of ppl from same clan, follow them and do teamwork with them.

Sometimes in siege, clans are the only one to protect the flag, random like to fight on the walls, or even outside...

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 10:55:59 am »
The problem is that random ppl doesn't know how to play together and do teamwork. Everyone go in different direction, rambo, camping, running...

I'm not in a clan, but i like to stick with group of ppl from same clan, follow them and do teamwork with them.

Sometimes in siege, clans are the only one to protect the flag, random like to fight on the walls, or even outside...

+1
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 11:33:28 am »

Banner balance =/= the problem known as teamstacking.
the game will balance based on player KDR,etc and will have two evenly matched teams. If they work together using teamwork and yours doesn't attempt to/does poorly you will lose.
When I play alone, I carry a flag around and type orders repeatedly in chat until people listen and we start rolling the other team.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 11:42:42 am »
Usually if there is one clan stacking one team, there will be another clan stacking the opposite team.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2011, 07:46:57 am »
But it's the opposite?? I haven't gotten into Strategus yet but that would be the tournament and the servers would be pubs..?

No.  Strat is just an "extra" part of the game.  The standard servers are the standard game.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Seprest

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2011, 05:57:35 am »
STFU AND JOIN A CLAN OR PLAY WITH FRIENDS

The site suggests to ^.^

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2011, 06:55:47 pm »
Heres just a prime example of a game I played today... Autobalance ftw!

Eh... 6 clan members on one team and not a single on the other?? Lose 4-1 for several games iz fun
And I shouldn't be forced to join a clan if I just want to play casually.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2011, 07:00:00 pm »
Heres just a prime example of a game I played today... Autobalance ftw!

Eh... 6 clan members on one team and not a single on the other?? Lose 4-1 for several games iz fun
And I shouldn't be forced to join a clan if I just want to play casually.

Then play casually with a popular (and skilled) clan banner, thus increasing the odds of being on the winning team.

EDIT: I also think that was bad luck, I rarely see Ty' with such a bad score.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 07:01:32 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Diavolo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Engineering student - Will pwn your ass in physics
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templars
  • Game nicks: Templar_Diavolo, Aleta
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2011, 04:57:37 pm »
When Strategus is back up clans can play with their clanmates and do great tactic and such there. Then bannerInbalance can be removed from the normal servers, or leave it on on one or two. Perhaps there already could be one server for "random play" now, for people who want to have equal/fair teams, while the rest can be for clanpeople and people who wanna play on the same team as their friends.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2011, 05:24:28 pm »
Then play casually with a popular (and skilled) clan banner, thus increasing the odds of being on the winning team.

EDIT: I also think that was bad luck, I rarely see Ty' with such a bad score.

Re Edit: Exactly, if Tydeus hadn't been goofing off the 'stack' would have been stuck with an x1 multiplier  :wink:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2011, 01:38:27 am »
Come to EU 1 its not a problem there i guess you just lack more players on the NA servers.... should´nt really punish the rest of the community just cause u lack a bigger variety in skilled players.

i would like to see 6 clan members on the EU dominate the entire server.....  :lol:

Not trolling or anything but its really rare we have rounds that ends up 5-0 5-1 maybe like once a day it can happen so no big deal.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 01:39:59 am by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2011, 01:48:08 am »
That looked like a pretty fair balance tbh.
The non-clan tam had some really good playes like tydeus -- who went 0 - 2?
yeah, that was a fluke. You guys probably all split up and let them beat you ~_~.
Nobody on your team rallying them together? Grab a flag and lead them yourself.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.