Author Topic: Team Stacking???  (Read 3354 times)

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
Team Stacking???
« on: May 15, 2011, 10:31:12 pm »
I've been playing a lot lately and a lot of team stacking is going on... Clan members and good players all just get on the same team, either by choosing so or having the admin of the server do it. While I know it's fun to play with clan mates, it's not fun for the rest of the players and makes it one sided for several games in a row, causing the other team to switch to peasant uniforms and pushing noobs away from the game... Don't really know how to fix this though but I just hope that players will be a little more considerate in not stacking so hard... At least don't do it for multiple games in a row!?
And please don't tell me to stop QQ and get better teamwork or something... lol

« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:26:12 am by Kalam »

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Team Stacking???
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 10:36:26 pm »
Its automatic dude, based on the banners of the clan, if you wish to be on the same team use thier banner. Banner balance as it is called was implemented to make sure clans and teammates can play together, its not purposeful sometimes ive seen clans split because of autobalance.

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 10:45:33 pm »
Yeah I know... but sometimes you'll be fighting 10 members of their clan while theres only 1 of theirs on your team... Banner balance is cool tho

Edit: Also can admins switch clan members to same side? An admin muted someone (hehe not me) complaining about team stack, saying the teams were perfectly balanced
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 10:48:12 pm by PieParadox »

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 10:50:55 pm »
Edit: Also can admins switch clan members to same side?

Nope.

BannerBalance was implemented for the purpose of letting friends have the fighting experience with buddies.

The clans also benefit from this by being able to practice tactics (or in some cases, just derping on the same team)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 10:51:53 pm »
Yeah I know... but sometimes you'll be fighting 10 members of their clan while theres only 1 of theirs on your team... Banner balance is cool tho

Edit: Also can admins switch clan members to same side? An admin muted someone (hehe not me) complaining about team stack, saying the teams were perfectly balanced

I don't think they can swap anyone to whatever side. And indeed, complaining about bad autobalance is useless, it's like talking to your computer and asking it to load a page faster. He'll do it if he can, but you have no impact on it.

Banner balancing is great, and most of the times, at least one member go to the other side for balancing issue.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 10:54:03 pm »
The cRPG adminstration panel does not have the native adminstrator panel orr mm admin panel that i have used in the past, therefore the answer to can admins swap players, is no. If they were able to do that there would be a hell of a lot of complaints about abuse etc etc. But banner balance as the others have said is there to allow teamplay

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 10:56:15 pm »
There is a way, actually.

The Administrator first activates the PIN feature, then he instructs people in secret (Like a teamspeak) to pick the same pin (for example informing the three major clans to all pick Pin 83), then let the fun begin as "Clan Stacking" is brought to an all-new level.

Not that, I um... would know...
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Timotheusthereal

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey there, oh tharr!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ser_Timotheus_Brune
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 11:15:42 pm »
There is a way, actually.

The Administrator first activates the PIN feature, then he instructs people in secret (Like a teamspeak) to pick the same pin (for example informing the three major clans to all pick Pin 83), then let the fun begin as "Clan Stacking" is brought to an all-new level.

Not that, I um... would know...

You mean, a server admin needs to inform you the clans PIN?

Offline OzyTheSage

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 6
  • Om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress
  • Game nicks: Ozymandias
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 02:06:05 am »
You mean, a server admin needs to inform you the clans PIN?

I mean, you could always guess what it is...

Offline justjr

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • I AM THE DRAGON KNIGHT
    • View Profile
    • Just Imports
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: (former Justus_Caesar) Windrunner_of_Chaos, Dragon_Knight_, Justino, cRazY_jusTT_of_Choad
  • IRC nick: Just
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 02:14:32 am »
So thats why that PIN is for? Team stacking? Would be nice to take it out I think.
I play, don't have a clan, and don't know if Ill enter in one, probably not, I got high latency in all servers, but still play fairly well.
But I for sure want to play a fair game with skilled players on both side.

Banner balance is imba.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 02:15:51 am by justjr »

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 02:31:06 am »
Guys calm down why dont you just join a clan yourself if u find it so imba!!

If you wanna be the lone wolf and u dont like team work dont come here bitchen and ruin the fun for the rest of the crowd....

also strat will be up soon so find a clan or play with the same banner with friends ect ect... team work is fun it beats the lone wolf gameplay by far.   :wink:      :arrow: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/board,7.0.html
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 02:35:03 am by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline balbaroth

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 02:35:40 am »

If you wanna be the lone wolf and u dont like team work dont come here bitchen and ruin the fun for the rest of the crowd....

also strat will be up soon so find a clan or play with the same banner with friends ect ect... team work is fun it beats the lone wolf gameplay by far.  :wink:

you can do teamwork WITHOUT banner balance , i will always be agaisnt it because its not even balanced lol  ,  banner balance has 0 logic ,
playing with your  clannies should be reserved for mostly one thing : STRATEGUS 

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 03:00:36 am »

also strat will be up soon so find a clan or play with the same banner with friends ect ect... team work is fun it beats the lone wolf gameplay by far.   :wink:      :arrow: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/board,7.0.html

lol... thats hardly the problem... there will always be people who are not in a clan...

that is such a temporary answer that has no logic lol

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 03:12:47 am »
Try countering with some tactics. Pick a banner, take the initiative, be polite and pray for some understanding.

GL  :D

Offline justjr

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • I AM THE DRAGON KNIGHT
    • View Profile
    • Just Imports
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: (former Justus_Caesar) Windrunner_of_Chaos, Dragon_Knight_, Justino, cRazY_jusTT_of_Choad
  • IRC nick: Just
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 03:20:26 am »
I never play alone, can't, or I will die alone, anybody will.
I'm not a lone wolf, always do teamwork.

I'm new to the game, less then 2 weeks playing. I'm not near no clan, I'm not from USA not from EU, my latency is damn high (180~280 NA servers, +300 EU servers), and I'll not pay no clan do participate, if I make friends in the game, good!
I wish theres more LA players, and a LA server! :D

When a team is winning far from the other, is so hard to beats it, the losing team stay with no money to use good equipments, plate and stuff (I myself dont use, yet), and the Tin Cans are the ones who win the wars.

I'm totally against banner balance, makes the team who gets the better clan wins, always.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 03:21:27 am by justjr »