Author Topic: The God's Land (RP-Survival-MMO)  (Read 9874 times)

Offline Drehar

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
The God's Land (RP-Survival-MMO)
« on: December 20, 2013, 10:34:59 pm »
+1
ITS BACK! (November 29th 2014)

http://thegodsland.freeforums.net/

The God's Land
Survival RP Server

About The Server: Current build Beta 0.0.1
This server is focused on providing tools for players to live in a medieval fantasy world. There are many bukkit plugins to give players freedom to do as they please and restrain from negatively effecting others they play with. Players in this world can become high level heroes, skilled crafters, leaders of a religion, wealthy merchants, emperors, and many other roles. On this server you will find a lot of player interaction to over come powerful enemies human and AI alike. Join The God's Land now claim your land and become part of our world.

Getting Started
The God's Land requires no extra files to play on. All mods managed are server side, so no additional downloading for you. Connect to the server and begin your adventures. Start by visiting the coin bank near spawn to get some basic starting supplies (This re-spawns every 24 hours).

Claiming Land
Carefully adventure out into the world using your wooden shovel to claim your land. Players start off with a total of 400 blocks that can be placed wherever they like (10x10 =100 blocks minimum plot size). This is your land to do what ever you want with. On your property you can give permissions to friends and work together to achieve your goals. More land can be purchased with in game currency (Coins) obtained through trading or the Coin bank near spawn.

Heroes Classes and Professions
Each player is able to choose 1 class (12 total) and a profession (7 total). Classes provide useful combat or survival skills where as professions provide more support uses. You can level up 1 class to 20 cap obtaining 4 skills along the way. At any time you may change class or profession to change your play-style. All classes have a Mark and Recall skill at level 1 that you can use to set a portal location with. This is often used if you get stuck or lost. Each class and profession will gain experience at a similar rate.

Type /heroes to get a list of the heroes commands.
More information about heroes mod can be found here.
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/heroes/pages/main/

Primary Classes:

Arcane Archer - Cast spells that severely disable your enemies and attack with arrows
Bard - Bards are jack-of-all-trades adventurers who use music to create a variety of magic effects.
Cleric - Clerics can keep their allies healed even in the most dangerous battles.
Druid - Druids fill a variety of roles when in a group or adventuring alone.
Monk - Monks devote their energies to the pursuit of physical perfection.
Paladin - Paladins are able fighters and battlefield healers.
Ranger - Rangers are excellent archers attuned to the ways of nature.
Rogue - Rogues are sneaky fighters who always seek to take advantage of enemies by attacking from behind.
Shadowknight - Shadowknights are deadly opponents who use evil spells to slow and cripple.
Shaman - Shamans serve as tribal priests able to draw upon the power of the spirits and focus it for their own purposes.
Warrior - Warriors are the masters of armed combat.
Wizard - Wizards dedicate their lives to learning the powers of fire, ice and magic.

Professions:

Upholstery - Professions SummonSheep and SummonChicken
Hunter - Professions Repair and use of all tools
Enchanter - Professions Enchant and Disenchant
Farmer - Professions Herbalism and summonfood
Fisher - Professions Fishing and Gills
Miner - Professions Super heat and excavate
Woodsman - Professions Woodcutting and Wolf

Loot and Monsters
Monsters in this world are no easy foe. The God's Land monsters level the further you get from the server starting point. Monsters will give more experience, deal more damage, and have more health. Monsters in the Nether and The End start at much higher levels. Monsters also have the ability to drop equipment. Monsters can drop simple wooden gear and leather all the way up to extremely powerful end game loot. Each class has their own preferred weapon and armor types.

Core Bukkit Mods
- BOSEconomy
- ConquestiaMobs
- GriefPrevention
- Heroes
- MythicDrops
- SignShop
- TreasureChest
- Vault

Many thanks to the developers of these mods!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 04:47:50 pm by Drehar »

Offline Drehar

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: MMOish Minecraft server
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 07:00:25 pm »
Get on early and claim land!

Offline Drehar

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: The God's Land (RP-Survival-MMO)
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 05:15:38 pm »
+1
Updated the main page.

Offline jbratina

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NARMIN
  • Game nicks: harv
  • IRC nick: Steam- Harv
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 12:55:48 am »
Hey this looks really cool! I might wanna join.
what the fuck

Offline jbratina

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NARMIN
  • Game nicks: harv
  • IRC nick: Steam- Harv
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 12:58:41 am »
For some reason i couldn't join?
what the fuck

Offline KaleLord

• Count
  • Renown: 233
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
  • Nurd
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kale
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 11:19:20 pm »
Think you need to download something.
Kale: One of the cutest, chubbiest, asianiest faces in c-RPG. Take a look when you get the chance, guys. I will miss this beautiful man.

Offline Drehar

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 02:27:45 am »
Server is back up!

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 12:49:24 pm »
how many active players you've got? I used to be fairly active in MineCraft RP as it allows for so much things for you to create but a server needs a neat playerbase of plus minus 10-15 players for it to be fun!

I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Drehar

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 04:03:56 pm »
Currently almost no one :(
The server is fully supported for single player play also I have NPC's and PVE content.

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mallets and his family
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 08:12:47 pm »
Hey Drehar... I have two friends that may be interested in joining me on your server.  I've never played on your server.  None of us have played MC in a couple of months (maybe a year).  But we love re-visiting every 6 months or so.

Can't say when we'd be on.  We are all working professionals, so the daytime is out.  We are all based in the States (not sure if you are in Europe; if so, lag may be an issue).

Our nights can be busy as well... traveling for work, hobbies, other games.  Maybe not be able to get on until a few days from now.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 08:16:56 pm by Mallets »

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 08:15:27 pm »
Ve never had serious lag issues with mc afaik, but id join in for sure aswell
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2014, 07:20:23 am »
Hey Drehar!  We had fun tonight.  I'm Athean on the MC server.  Jacaroma just started playing cRPG with me last week (same name in both games).  My friend Rally Gunz, has bought a plot to get us started with a mine and some crops.

I hope I can get some the extra plot deal for bringing friends.  It says I get double for me first plot.  Since I brought 2 friends, do I get triple (30x30)?  If not... Jacaroma will be my invite.  And RallyGunz can be Jac's invite, so we both get 20x20.  But I'd rather the 30x30... as I'm a meticulous builder.

I definitely want to build a themed building.  A Ranger's Guild out in the wilderness.  Or a Mountain Rangers Guild up on the peak of some mountain.  Or maybe a Smuggler's Den on some Island.  Would be nice to get an NPC buyer/seller there... for folks to travel to and sell a handful of odd goods  Example:  Rangers Guild buys string (from spiders), as they constantly need string to nock their bows.  That's just an example.  Just trying to think of a way to promote role-play and exploration.

Lastly, I have a few suggestions & observations on the world (just my opinion, take them or leave them):

1)  Make chest tick with a little more stuff.  For the Mine, I had to fight like 6-8 thugs, just to get to two chest... with each only having 1 iron ore.  Had to rest and spend money on bread to stay alive... and 10 plus minutes for only 2 iron ore.  I'm not saying a crazy amount more.  And maybe the deeper chest contain more?

2)  Would be nice to actively work in the beginning... rather than just wait on chest.  There may be no way of doing this.  But it would be nice to be able to chop on the wood at the lumber mill.  And for every blocked chopped a piece of wood went into the chest.  Could even make it for every 2 to 4 blocks chopped, you only get 1 wood.  Could have the different logs from different trees in particular piles.  Maybe something similar in the Mine.

Lastly, you may be able to put a limit to what fits in a box.  Like only 20 blocks can fit in before you have to take them out... to keep folks from macro-ing.  There may not be a plug-in like this.  Just thought I'd throw it out.  A more active beginning would go a long ways to keeping folks in the beginning.  I can see folks logging off within 15 minutes, cause they can't do much besides wait on chest.

And even though it's pretty easy to get your first plot... you can mine though your 10x10 plot in no time.  Having more "active" activities (LOL) would certainly be more entertaining!

3)  Make bread cheaper.  I'd say 5 gold.  In the beginning, it's tough to stay alive (from hunger).  Sure you can work and run around between mine & lumber yard between ticks.  But by that time, you have to eat 2 or more pieces of bread.  That cost you at least 30 gold.  To me, it always makes sense for bread to be the cheapest thing in the game.  It'll help beginners not starve (there's still plenty of other hazards out there).  And once players are experienced, they can make their own.  And they will make their own, so they don't needless spend money on food... so they can save for larger plots.

And personally, I think bread should sell for 1 gold, not 1/10 of a gold piece.  30 wheat makes 10 bread, which would be worth 10 gold... the same as fish.  It's not a lot of effort to harvest 30 wheat.  But it does take plenty of time.  Farming should be a viable profession.  This would help.

4) Would be cool to have a farmer's market for selling wheat, eggs, wool, pork, beef, mushrooms, watermelon, sugar cane... basically anything grown or from an animal.  Would further the farming profession.  Though these items come from safe, low risk work... each take time to grow or produce... whether it be wheat or pigs.  None of the items spawn instantly.

Maybe that's something I could build as my themed building?

5)  Not sure if you realize, but at the inn... you can buy fish for 10 gold and sell them for 10.10 gold.

6)  No treasure in the sunken ship out by the stone skull.  Super cool finding it.  But then quickly disappointed to find no treasure.  Would be cool to find some gold or emeralds tick in there every once and a while.

I'm done... ha!  Sorry for all the opinions!  Just thought I'd throw out first impressions.  Maybe we can catch you on tomorrow night.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 07:32:54 am by Mallets »

Offline Drehar

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2014, 02:09:18 pm »
1. each chest is random and deeper ones contain more/better loot. 10 min mob re-spawns and 30 min chest re-spawns.

2. I tried to give the "Working" feel by going to the lumber mill getting wood and bring it back to town. I could have players turn the wood into tools or something.
Early players can also fish or kill squid for money. I'll see what I can do to make more of the early money making methods known. I spent about 4 hours building a tutorial at the start just for most people to log in and skip it. Followed by asking questions answered in the tutorial.

3. Fishing is the best way to get food costs 10 coins for the pole if you lost yours and you use wood to cook them.
 I'll tinker with "Farm" prices but if I showed you my last gods land map you would see why I made them so low. Having something that players can "Infinity produce easily" Is hard to balance. As players get higher level I will have more options to make money from higher level dungeons.

4. Like I mentioned farming/breading can get crazy with a good "FARM" having NPC's buy that stuff is hard to balance. Players on the other hand might take you up on buying food or leather armor.  You can easily undercut what the River Cliff villagers charge for things.

5.  Inn exploit is now fixed thanks :)

6. Sorry you found that before I've figured out how to populate it. One of the sunken ships might have a key to the next tier of dungeons :)

Thanks a lot for the feedback! I've been doing this project by my self so its easy to miss things. Currently farming wood/cooked fish are the safest means of working for money. I've seen players employ other players to work on their property in the past mining cutting trees ect.

Offline Drehar

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2014, 02:26:36 pm »
Added Stone axes to the lumber mill shop. so you have something to do with your stone.

Offline Mallets

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2014, 10:20:56 pm »
Cool... thanks for the reply!  And didn't realize this was the second iteration of the world/map.  So obviously you've got tons of reasoning behind your prices/rates... namely game-balancing.  Sorry for all the input!

I did actually read the tutorial stuff.  Can't say I remember it all.  I know it mentioned a website, but surely can't remember it (IGN site I believe).

Can you post a link to the forum discussion board (forum, blog, etc.) for this server?  Or should we just continue to post here?