• Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Hate_More, Byzantium_Love_More
Re: Rust
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2013, 02:22:53 pm »
+2
Hello

The purpose of this email is to inform you of a current known rust issue, Due to the Steam server outage and the extensive tie into steam that rust has while the steam servers are down, your rust server will also be down/lagging. Until Steam resolves their server issue there is nothing we can do about the heavy server lag/non responsive servers. Fortunately once steam does solve their issues all you will need to do is restart your server and the server should function without issue.

Happy Holidays
HFBServers LLC

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2013, 06:32:17 pm »
+1
now i cant even connect to your server
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2013, 06:48:19 pm »
+1
I got it today too.

If you like to add me on Steam: benkeii

I'm using Munin's avatar there too, should be easy to find :wink:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Latvian

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2013, 08:12:25 pm »
+1
stupid  steam cant pull its shit together and make everything work fine again.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Krax

• Baron
  • Renown: 145
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2013, 08:34:22 pm »
+1
still not working right. did a reboot and was able to connect but so laggy it took 3 min to change weapon. its the steam master server thats the problem. not seen any eta on when its gona be fixed.

Offline Latvian

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2013, 11:00:11 pm »
+1
http://playrust.com/ulink-ddos-attacks/

well this pretty much explains everything, except why would anyone do such thing.

Offline Tuetensuppe

• Event Manager
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tuetensuppe Tojtensoup_throwing_spoons Merc_cry_me_a_soup
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2013, 11:01:47 pm »
+1
Tueten signs in aswell ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Gnjus
yes thats the problem, no more nice clans, everyone acts like theyre the real thing but all are just greedy backstabbing arrogant sons of bitches

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2013, 09:55:10 am »
+1
It seems there has been an update and now it's complaining about the server being outdated. Just a heads up...

Offline Krax

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2013, 01:13:16 pm »
+2
the server is updated, and seems to be lag free now.

my house seems to have decayed somewhat tho hehe its missing two walls and roof.

(you need to repair by puting Wood on Your item bar then face the wall etc and use it while facing it. (think walls have 2000 Points of "Health" and pillar 5000. not sure what the decay rate is tho.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 01:17:18 pm by Krax »

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2013, 01:33:00 pm »
+1
Cool, appreciated.

Tuete and I gonna build a castle now I guess :D

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2013, 07:27:46 pm »
+2
Why doesn't this gay server list let me sort the gay servers to find your gay byzantium server

Offline Latvian

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2013, 07:29:00 pm »
+3
Why doesn't this gay server list let me sort the gay servers to find your gay byzantium server
join by their gay IP

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2013, 07:31:10 pm »
+1
word

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2013, 07:43:24 pm »
+1
They seem to have problems with their DDOS thingy again. I can't connect any server right now... Guess we'll have to wait.

Offline Krax

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2013, 02:02:25 pm »
+1
lol that is one raged up nerd.......
just got this respose from the server provider.

This email is meant to provide you with an update on the Rust Lag/Connection issues. If you have not followed the recent events as posted on the Rust website (http://playrust.com/) we would like to take the time to explain what is happening. Basically what is happening is a malicious person in the Rust community has found a way to scan and parse the in game server list to find any servers currently have players on them. Then using an exploit found in one of the Rust network DLL's (uLink) to send blank packets (basically data) to the DLL (Denial of Service) which causes the Rust server to lag and in some cases crash. Many users are mistaking this type of attack with a standard DDoS attack where an attacker simply sends a large amount of data traffic to the server causing it to become overwhelmed, that is NOT the case with this type of attack.

We would also like to take this time to correct some other common misconceptions and urban myths:
 1. This lag/crashing issue is/can affect any and all servers hosted by any server provider, it is not effecting just the Official Servers or HFBServers.
 2. The "Fix" some users are posting on forums of changing your server’s port is NOT a valid fix. When an attacker refreshes the in game list of servers and begins attacking again your server will be effected again. As such we are NOT changing ports for servers.
 3. There has been no fix released yet, so as such there is no update for your server that will fix the issue. The developers of rust are however working on an update that will fix this issue http://playrust.com/working-hard/
 4. Re-installing your server, or getting a new server will NOT fix the issue. Once again as soon as the attacker refreshes the list of servers, your server would then also be attacked.
 5. Submitting a ticket to get your server "fixed" will not allow us to diagnose or correct the issue with your server. We nor anyone else, currently have a fix. Once the developers of Rust release an update that fixes the issue we will let all Rust customers know via email.
 In the event that you are able to connect to your and play normally please do not take this as a sign that the issue has been corrected, until a patch is announced by the developers on their official website http://playrust.com/
 We understand this is a frustrating time to be hosting a Rust server and apologize for the inconvenience this is causing. We thank you for your patience and understanding while we await on a fix from the Rust Developers and uLink.

Happy Holidays
 HFBServers LLC