Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485213 times)

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #3240 on: April 27, 2014, 06:36:49 pm »
What should they do in your opinion?

Either stop ATO (anti-terrorist operation) or carry it in a proper way. What they do now is just useless: they send some small amount of troops there that is likely to give up or desert under the pressure of that amount of separatists. 3 SBU officers got captured today.

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #3241 on: April 27, 2014, 06:42:24 pm »
Yes, what they do looks terribly stupid, but I think it's more of terrible organization than of wrong decisions.
As for decisions - I wouldn't want to be on their place, because I really have no idea how is it possible to solve this problem. Sadly, it seems, they don't have any ideas too.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: April 27, 2014, 07:12:20 pm »
Your analogy isn't accurate. Our means of evaluating IQ are not perfect, unlike measuring height. You can ask the subject to perform some exercises and extrapolate IQ from how those exercises were performed, but IQ represents more than only the ability to do those exercises. Unlike height which is nothing more than the actual measurement of height. Hence if your evaluation of those exercises is biaised because for example education helps getting a better score, you won't get a good measure of IQ. This is why age can deteriorate the quality of a test. IQ being relatively stable and a measurement of intelligence, not of education or experience, it's easier to find out the IQ of someone that has less education and experience.

To make a better analogy, passing IQ tests as a child is better than doing it as an adult just as much as measuring your height is better when you are sure you have no shoes on.
There's nothing wrong with my analogy. You can measure a kid and get his accurate height, and you'll also get an idea how tall he will be when he's fully grown. Exactly the same as an IQ test. An intellectually stimulating environment helps with IQ, but I don't understand why you think that matters. Your height is what it is, so is your IQ. You don't report your height as "inaccurate" because you didn't eat enough proteins as a child, so your adult height is lower than it would be otherwise. Age only makes the test more accurate as it fluctuates a lot less.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: April 27, 2014, 07:35:16 pm »
There's nothing wrong with my analogy. You can measure a kid and get his accurate height, and you'll also get an idea how tall he will be when he's fully grown. Exactly the same as an IQ test. An intellectually stimulating environment helps with IQ, but I don't understand why you think that matters. Your height is what it is, so is your IQ. You don't report your height as "inaccurate" because you didn't eat enough proteins as a child, so your adult height is lower than it would be otherwise. Age only makes the test more accurate as it fluctuates a lot less.

The problem is that measuring IQ is not trivial. This is the reason why there are many, many ways to do it. With age, your ability in a given IQ test can change, but that doesn't mean that your IQ changed in the same way. An "intellectually stimulating environment" will change your actual IQ slightly, but it will also greatly affect your ability at taking those IQ tests, which is not the same thing. The test appears to be more accurate because with age your ability at the tests stabilizes and the variance decreases. However, you have no way to measure how your education (education is not IQ) or your experience (experience is not IQ) are biasing the test. Those tests cannot directly measure IQ, but they measure your ability at solving problems that involve more than IQ. For example, text based tests also rely on language. All those things that are not IQ influence the test one way or another, and this bias is smaller the younger you are.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #3244 on: April 27, 2014, 07:37:37 pm »
Either stop ATO (anti-terrorist operation) or carry it in a proper way. What they do now is just useless: they send some small amount of troops there that is likely to give up or desert under the pressure of that amount of separatists. 3 SBU officers got captured today.
Unfortunately - while I agree that this shit needs to be resolved - I think the indeciveness or restraint (not sure which) shown by current government IS the reason you don't have Vovka and Tovi barking from putlers tank outside your window...
IMO, while this is not an ideal scenario - I would put the "occupied" towns under total lockdown (there are like... 15?20 towns affected? I believe UKR military should be able to surround them, no?), with minimal allowance of in/out traffic (food provisions/sickly/elderly/kid's allowed + OSCE monitors, IF the green-men vouch for their safety, all others basically not), cut communications, limited/cut internet. Organized president election, offer the towns to vote, IF THEY WANT, bring them voting tickets and other stuff, offer them to take it peacefully,all on tape and publicized to no end. Hell - I think it would be resonable to set up voting posts at the blockades, to allow voters to come IF THEY WANT TO and vote. When elections are done - those few hundreds of thousands will likely remain without their chance to vote, but compared to 40 mil cizitens - thats while unfortunate - equally required and healty step to be taken.

Then - after government is legit and set up properly - offer one more amnesty, then move in en-masse and continue siege around the occupied buildings only with guys inside considered criminals, fair and square, all on cams and again - direct fucking feed to interwebs for the likes of Butan to be happy. Oh, and so Tovi can identify his CIA/NATO/Blackwater troops ! :)

mate ur are barking in every ur post like a mad dog, I almost can see how the drool running down by your monitor and snot dripping on ur keyboard. I think you need to rest
Serious lack of witty detected  :!: :? :!:  Also - I took a break during the weekend, some proper sauna, some proper chillaxing... thank you for caring, so cute! :o

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #3245 on: April 27, 2014, 07:54:34 pm »

At Kramatorsk aerodrom some snipers shot and killed 4 civilians. Then milita came but hopefully had no fight with the troop (mainly rookies with old T54). But snipers disappeared.
So, what I think (I can be wrong of course), is that those snipers were here to provoke a bloodbath with unprepared and young soldiers.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 07:57:40 pm by Tovi »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: April 27, 2014, 08:01:35 pm »
Pretty sure they have been some civilians killed since ATO began, I would like full articles on them though because at this point its very easy to just say "some died around there".

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: April 27, 2014, 08:06:50 pm »
Pretty sure they have been some civilians killed since ATO began, I would like full articles on them though because at this point its very easy to just say "some died around there".

If those armed people claim that they're civilians then there were casualties in them for sure. But on the other hand I can't believe that ATO participants killed some real civilians as they don't seem to kill anyone, even those they should.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: April 27, 2014, 08:27:12 pm »
The problem is that measuring IQ is not trivial. This is the reason why there are many, many ways to do it. With age, your ability in a given IQ test can change, but that doesn't mean that your IQ changed in the same way. An "intellectually stimulating environment" will change your actual IQ slightly, but it will also greatly affect your ability at taking those IQ tests, which is not the same thing. The test appears to be more accurate because with age your ability at the tests stabilizes and the variance decreases. However, you have no way to measure how your education (education is not IQ) or your experience (experience is not IQ) are biasing the test. Those tests cannot directly measure IQ, but they measure your ability at solving problems that involve more than IQ. For example, text based tests also rely on language. All those things that are not IQ influence the test one way or another, and this bias is smaller the younger you are.
If your IQ test result changes, your IQ changes. An IQ test is a test that tests IQ. The result of the IQ test is your IQ.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #3249 on: April 27, 2014, 08:48:58 pm »
Pro-Russia forces free Swedish military observer held in Ukraine

Quote from: www.therecord.com
It wasn't immediately clear why only Johansson was released, but the pro-Russian insurgents had accused the group of being NATO spies and Sweden isn't a member of the trans-Atlantic alliance.

NATO spies, everywhere!

Pro-Russia rebels hold German-led observers hostage

Quote from: ft.com
Pro-Russia rebels have confirmed they are holding a German-led military observer team as hostages in the separatist stronghold of Slavyansk, as they announced plans to proceed with a referendum on May 11 to create a breakaway Donbass People’s Republic in eastern Ukraine.
(click to show/hide)

There, I copied the article because the website is stupid.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 09:06:17 pm by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 1491
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: April 27, 2014, 10:54:19 pm »
What I hate about current government is they don't do anything to solve this conflict and are following Kremlin's scenario.

Call me conspiracy nut-case all you want, but I have strong faith that your current goverment is puppet controlled by USA. That is perfect explanation why they are doing nothing. USA will let Russia cross the line (we don't know what that means) and then USA will attack. That is exactly what Kerry is saying every time he opens his mouth. And unlike some Russians in here who think their country is invincible, I don't believe in that. USA just wants good enough excuse to finally deal with Russia the way they want, without anyone interfering or raising an eye. It's not like it hasn't happened before. Two planes controlled by terrorists crash two buildings full of people, USA decides to rape a whole country for years. Like they like to say it, one american citizen is worth million citizens of other countries.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: April 27, 2014, 11:05:27 pm »
Call me conspiracy nut-case all you want, but I have strong faith that your current goverment is puppet controlled by USA. That is perfect explanation why they are doing nothing. USA will let Russia cross the line (we don't know what that means) and then USA will attack. That is exactly what Kerry is saying every time he opens his mouth. And unlike some Russians in here who think their country is invincible, I don't believe in that. USA just wants good enough excuse to finally deal with Russia the way they want, without anyone interfering or raising an eye. It's not like it hasn't happened before. Two planes controlled by terrorists crash two buildings full of people, USA decides to rape a whole country for years. Like they like to say it, one american citizen is worth million citizens of other countries.

And then China helps USA and rapes Russia from behind (cuz why fight a country far away that's ur main trade partner) and becomes king of Asia and 2nd strongest nation next to USA.

#VIVACHINA

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: April 27, 2014, 11:36:26 pm »
The only problem is nukes  :rolleyes:

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: April 27, 2014, 11:36:48 pm »
If your IQ test result changes, your IQ changes. An IQ test is a test that tests IQ. The result of the IQ test is your IQ.

You don't seem familiar with what a measurement is. The result of an IQ test is not your IQ, it's a measurement of you IQ.

Well, Putin is more annoying than Hussein was. I mean, I feel sorry for the Kuweiti and Kurds, but Russia's neighbours are easier to relate to. Not talking about Afghanistan which was a shithole anyway. The problem is that Russia has nukes, I don't see how more tensions can result in anything positive. And it's not like tensions strengthen Putin's opposition at home.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #3254 on: April 27, 2014, 11:47:35 pm »
All this IQ wank talk, I did some random test and it gave me 121. x_x

It was a mensa hungarIQa test.

However, I totally despise the time limit because this shouldn't be a race. Missed at least 2-3 questions because of that.
Chatting on steam and browsing media player inbetween doesn't help either lol. Talk about how unfocused I can be.

I like to sit down and see how these things work in my own pace, and not just rush it through. What's the point?

penopt tajm limit suka bljat.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!