Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485440 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2716
  • Infamy: 2540
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #2865 on: April 18, 2014, 12:33:56 pm »
+1
Please remind me, how was it handled in Chechnya, i.e. what does national russian "how to quell unrest" hanbook says? Something like... waged two wars, finally installed a freak of a local dictator, of whom every local is afraid, because he is a psycho killer, who would be prosecuted everywhere else, except in russia?

Easy to you to talk like that when you don't have a radical muslim state in your neighborhood.

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #2866 on: April 18, 2014, 01:10:34 pm »
Easy to you to talk like that when you don't have a radical muslim state in your neighborhood.

It became radical after/during the second war. When pretty much most Chechen leaders and commanders were either killed or assassinated. Russian army was brutal in Chechnya and it doesn't really surpise me people started taking radical actions.

If Chechnya was left alone and was never invaded it would not have been radical.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Yarl

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Yarl
« Reply #2867 on: April 18, 2014, 01:44:14 pm »
It became radical after/during the second war. When pretty much most Chechen leaders and commanders were either killed or assassinated. Russian army was brutal in Chechnya and it doesn't really surpise me people started taking radical actions.

If Chechnya was left alone and was never invaded it would not have been radical.

lol really?

silly to compare the situation in Ukraine and the situation in Chechnya,
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 01:51:40 pm by Yarl »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: April 18, 2014, 01:44:53 pm »

Allahu Akbar.

Offline BIA_ivani4

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ivani4
  • IRC nick: Ivani4
« Reply #2869 on: April 18, 2014, 01:50:33 pm »
Ukraine decided to simplify the border crossing for citizens of Russia, during the Easter holidays. Previously (a week ago) was banned entry to the territory of Ukraine, citizens of Russia males in the age of from 18 till 55 years and women from the Crimea in the age from 18 till 35 years. Citizens of Ukraine (male) for almost a month not allowed from Ukraine to Russia. Ukrainian border guards are planted men from the train. Say, "You need to Ukraine". Men had to cross the border on foot. But it's long and in many places it is dangerous - wide and deep moat dug already. You can get dirty or even injury. Simple civil people are not trained as officers of special services.
Cancel stupid security measures at the Russian-Ukrainian border (which neither when the "de facto" did not exist) - a good trend. Perhaps someone put not much of a brain in the skull crazy Amateurs from Kiev.
It is very good that Ukraine, Belarus and Russia have so many holidays and weekends in the spring.  8-)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: April 18, 2014, 01:52:46 pm »
+1

How can you invade your own country federal subject? At least thats an argument I share with Kuujis: sending police/army on your own soil is legitimate. It is against what it is used and how it is used that is up to debate.

Non-muslim non-Chechen civilians chased/killed between 1991 and 1994 will disagree with you. Chechen undeclared civil war of discrimination and purification didnt need any foreign intervention to start. Russia was too busy licking his paws to do anything.
Base radicalism of Chechen military leaders is undeniable...

Offline BIA_ivani4

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ivani4
  • IRC nick: Ivani4
« Reply #2871 on: April 18, 2014, 02:06:52 pm »
You wish to attach the Chechen Republic to Ukraine? Why? In Ukraine for many miners. Miners - is a huge power. It's a headache for many years, not only for Ukraine. In Poland, in England, in Russia - miners very big problem for many governments.  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: April 18, 2014, 02:11:11 pm »
lol really?

The first presidents Dzhokhar Dudayev, Aslan Maskhadov as an example were not radical. And they were democratically elected. The only problem they had was that after the first war which left the country in ruins, the warlords didn't want to dissmiss their armies which left the presidents powerless. Some of these warlords were more radical while others were not. If there was no Russian invasion of Chechnya and complete destruciton of the country, these warlords would not have been as powerful.

And then Russia invades again starting the second invasion, which makes the resistance even more radical. Tends to happen when you brutally opress a people.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #2873 on: April 18, 2014, 03:54:36 pm »
The first presidents Dzhokhar Dudayev, Aslan Maskhadov as an example were not radical. And they were democratically elected. The only problem they had was that after the first war which left the country in ruins, the warlords didn't want to dissmiss their armies which left the presidents powerless. Some of these warlords were more radical while others were not. If there was no Russian invasion of Chechnya and complete destruciton of the country, these warlords would not have been as powerful.

And then Russia invades again starting the second invasion, which makes the resistance even more radical. Tends to happen when you brutally opress a people.
where was 3 happy years as independent democratic country from 1991-1994 read about dat  ^^

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: April 18, 2014, 04:03:32 pm »
where was 3 happy years as independent democratic country from 1991-1994 read about dat  ^^

Read about countries like Croatia, Serbia, Kosovo, Bosnia, South Sudan... Whatever. Everyone does it in independence wars. Doesn't make it right or them more radical than the other countries. Religious radicalism came later, inspired by Russian war crimes.

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: April 18, 2014, 04:10:13 pm »
Read about countries like Croatia, Serbia, Kosovo, Bosnia, South Sudan... Whatever. Everyone does it in independence wars. Doesn't make it right or them more radical than the other countries. Religious radicalism came later, inspired by Russian war crimes.
where u from?

Religious radicalism came later, inspired by Russian war crimes.

after which date, in your opinion?

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: April 18, 2014, 04:22:45 pm »
where u from?

after which date, in your opinion?

I am born and live in Sweden but I am from Kosovo. I have relatives in Serbia, Kosovo, Croatia and Bosnia.

I would say that the first war was more nationalistic than anything. In the second one when the moderate leadership died out the resistance became more and more extreme with time. Youngsters and moderate people became religiously radicalized during the wars due to warcrimes.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #2877 on: April 18, 2014, 04:33:18 pm »
I am born and live in Sweden but I am from Kosovo. I have relatives in Serbia, Kosovo, Croatia and Bosnia.

I would say that the first war was more nationalistic than anything. In the second one when the moderate leadership died out the resistance became more and more extreme with time. Youngsters and moderate people became religiously radicalized during the wars due to warcrimes.

There is this saying Basnak, "don't argue with an idiot. It will bring you down to his level, where he will beat you with experience". Vovka has info given to him by the fair and square russian channels, you are brainwashed westerner, he is right (or funny "lol" guy with a witty remark when he can't find politically approved answer), and the best thing he can do is try to hide behind irony/lols, because given the slightest chance russian youghts run from that country to create somehing for themselves in the rotten west  :|

Unless you are russian ofc, then you have full right to apply what ever laws you what in whatever other country you want when ever putler says "its okay".

Offline Vovka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: April 18, 2014, 04:38:15 pm »
+4
There is this saying Basnak, "don't argue with an idiot. It will bring you down to his level, where he will beat you with experience". Vovka has info given to him by the fair and square russian channels, you are brainwashed westerner, he is right (or funny "lol" guy with a witty remark when he can't find politically approved answer), and the best thing he can do is try to hide behind irony/lols, because given the slightest chance russian youghts run from that country to create somehing for themselves in the rotten west  :|

Unless you are russian ofc, then you have full right to apply what ever laws you what in whatever other country you want when ever putler says "its okay".
  i know it from friends of my family who migrate from here in 92 years... but im sure all of them who got killed just run away to the west and ll dat history about their death just propaganda

Offline Yarl

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Yarl
« Reply #2879 on: April 18, 2014, 04:42:27 pm »
+1
Vovka has info given to him by the fair and square russian channels.
Vovka  can get information about Chechen war from people who took part on this war. Even in Druzhina we have some guys.