Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485323 times)

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #2085 on: March 21, 2014, 11:32:22 pm »
Fresh news, police arrested leader of nationalistic organization White Hammer, which is part of famous Right Sector for killing road inspectors, Dark Blade mentioned several pages before.

Confrontation between new government and nationalists incoming. Without Russia I would bet on government, but as it is I'm uncertain of results.

Yep. Fascist militias goes to National Guard, while regular army join pro-russian population. Ready for Yugoslavia 2.0 ?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #2086 on: March 21, 2014, 11:33:41 pm »
+1
Fascist militias goes to National Guard
WHAT?  :?:

regular army join pro-russian population
WHAT?  :?:

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: March 21, 2014, 11:39:04 pm »
+6
Yep. Fascist militias goes to National Guard, while regular army join pro-russian population. Ready for Yugoslavia 2.0 ?

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: March 21, 2014, 11:46:42 pm »
Lol, that video, you hit the point :)

As for those news, White Hammer sais that guy isn't their leader, they are sorry that scum was their member and now they are even changing their name to not be associated with it.
Confrontation is postponed for some time.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #2089 on: March 22, 2014, 12:03:35 am »
Ukraine's National guard recruits (roll call or whatever).. Who do you think will join ?
Trained and violent far-right militias. Clear ?

And why the army would remain loyal to an illegal government ? A government that forbide russian language. A government with no money to pay them.

I just wait and watch. You should not laugh.

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: March 22, 2014, 12:11:21 am »
+1
No, National Guard is reformed and extended internal forces.
And far-right militias won't join it because there you follow orders and statute, not nationalistic slogans.
Actually far-right militias are worried because they think(and rightfully so) that this National Guard will be used against them sooner or later.

As for other information you posted...
Please watch video Dave posted before once more.

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Dark_Blade, Fallen_Templar_the_Grey, Jeric_Whistlebone
« Reply #2091 on: March 22, 2014, 01:05:03 am »
its not correct to say but lets say that active patriot and nationalist are different things. our active patriots are retards ofcourse but they are not chocolate chip cookie. they are just angry or tired or brainwashed people.
yes, its not right to give the status "Empire of evil" to the Russia but its wrong to give the title "Empire of Evil with sweet lips" to the USA and EU. ofc both of them are telling lies but not such absurd like this one.

"evil banderovez" is not a chocolate chip cookie from the forest in 1944, its also a man with his own opinions. so there is so much expression in propaganda and in mind of many people.

government even allowed eastern regions to use the russian language as official one(if I've got it right).

// lol so chocolate chip cookie is result of auto-changer o_O

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: March 22, 2014, 04:57:54 am »
Well personally, i have no problem that the crimean population has chosen to join the RF because they hope for a better future but i have a problem how it was done.

A better approach have would been if the crimean people had started some protests for more autonomy (even with some slighty pushes from Moscow) after the collapse of the ukrainian government.
if they had say no and had sent the police/army to put down the protest, then the crimeans had filled the victim role and the world had seen russian troops as protectors of the poor Crimea against the evil Ukraine.

Now it looks like big bad Russia bullies the little Ukraine, tells lies to the rest of the world (these are no russian troops xaxaxa) and wonders why everyone is pissed.

From the past  :P

it would have been preferable if pro-russians had been starting the same kind of protest without the help of russia military, because it decreases the legitimacy of such protests.

But anyway, what you forget to point out is that there is indeed some protests ongoing in Ukraine-controlled regions, protests in Donetsk/Kharkiv/Louhansk etc are of the same caliber (althought not in size) of what was done in Maidan for the exact same reason (government not representing them, occupying/destroying administrative buildings and protesting in the streets).

Those protests were completely ignored by the mass media (except when 2 pro-maidan were killed, then blackout again, a bit like what happened in Lviv during Maidan), and they are as we speak still fighting to pressure the local authorities/the government into giving in to their demands (which range from more autonomy/anticipated local elections/annulation of laws described as anti-russian; to the organisation of referendum to join Russia or become independant, just like Crimea).
Post-Berkut police arrests pro-russian activists in the streets and in their homes, there is no "nerve point" like the Maidan place and no big infrastructure behind them nor any spectacular borderline paramilitary groups throwing molotov and beating up policemen everywhere to show off on TV.

You can only read some articles here and there in very specialized media, on how Crimea annexation kind of gave more courage to the pro-russian activists (which began their movement a month ago) for the eastern province of Ukraine to start going in the same direction. What is sure is that the new government of Ukraine is fighting this separatist movement just as bad as Yanukovitch was fighting the pro-EU at Maidan. There is still no footage of bad bad policemen giving the stick to pro-russian demo but I dont have any doubt there will be some in the near future: cant wait to hear the reaction of the pro-EU of this thread and compare with what they said to justify Maidan protests  :)

I think you were right from the beginning serr.

If you want to start this "Ukraine left USSR illegally" you should get ready to discussions how legally USSR appeared.

Thats exactly where we should take the discussion if you choose to continue to speak in illegal/legal terms. We can go back decades/centuries/millenium until we find the conclusion: a country is based on the ashes of the previous occupants. Kiev rus -> Duchy of Moscow -> Tsardom then Empire of Russia -> USSR -> Ukraine, thats just how history went.

2. About population of Crimea. Crimean native population are Crimean Tatars. Crimea being populated/controlled by Russians during 3 centuries is just something that you took out of the ocean. Russians terrorized native population of Crimea during the whole time Russians were there. At some point (like 10 years before giving Crimea to Ukraine) USSR deported ALL Crimean Tatars to central Asia and Siberia. Russians were the majority in Crimea only after USSR appeared. Also as far as I counted, Crimea was Russian for approximately 170 years (in fact less, because these years include all the revolutions, wars and occupations).

Totally agree, I will not try to defend USSR decisions about how they treated the Crimean region and Ukraine itself during their existence.
3 centuries is obvious gross approximation but fact is it began to impose their mark on it since the 18th century.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 05:21:09 am by Butan »

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: March 22, 2014, 10:21:35 am »

Thats exactly where we should take the discussion if you choose to continue to speak in illegal/legal terms. We can go back decades/centuries/millenium until we find the conclusion: a country is based on the ashes of the previous occupants. Kiev rus -> Duchy of Moscow -> Tsardom then Empire of Russia -> USSR -> Ukraine, thats just how history went.

Totally agree, I will not try to defend USSR decisions about how they treated the Crimean region and Ukraine itself during their existence.
3 centuries is obvious gross approximation but fact is it began to impose their mark on it since the 18th century.

I don't really want to go back that much in the history because it's pointless. Having territories in the past doesn't give you rights to take it from other countries. If you sell a house - you can't come back and throw everyone out just because you owned it before. Exactly the same thing in Crimea. USSR was a different country with different sights on pretty much everything. When Khrushchev gave away Crimea from Russia to Ukraine it was more of an ethical decision rather than geopolitical. I see it as a kind of compensation for what happened to population of Ukraine before and during WWII. Only Holodomor itself killed several millions of Ukrainians (something around 5 million people). Only 7 years passes and here comes the WWII where Ukrainian territory was the main theatre of the war between Germans and USSR, here comes 2.5 millions of dead Ukrainian soldiers only. Demographic losses during WWII were around 14 million people (from 41 to 27 million of population in Ukraine).

Ukraine actually paid its nuclear weapons to have no confrontation with Russia. After the Soviet Union got disbanded Ukraine had the 3rd nuclear arsenal after USA and Russia. Ukraine gave it away just to have guarantees of security. Now you see how Russia treats them. I don't care about how good or bad USA or EU are generally, I only see now that Russia treats Ukraine like shit and nothing more is required.

Those Russians who live there in Crimea, it's not their land. Trust me, there are a lot of families of Russian/Soviet officers who lived there for a couple of decades only if not less. And this happens while native population of Crimea once again gets buttraped and their opinion is not asked, they wanted to stay in Ukraine. The same situation can happen in Russia where in some regions there are much more Chinese people than Russians. What Russia does looks like a feast in time of plague. Population is happy and loves Putin... for now.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 10:29:03 am by DaveUKR »

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #2094 on: March 22, 2014, 11:37:27 am »

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #2095 on: March 22, 2014, 01:36:14 pm »
Quote:

Thus when I, a citizen of Ukraine, whose sovereign territory is now steamrolled by Russian armored personnel carriers and trampled by soldiers in green camouflage, hear from the bards of Russian revanche, “How come the Americans can, and Russia can’t?,” I reply with a question of my own: “What is Russia bringing to the world? Which values underlie its present-day mission? Including, and especially, in the countries of the former USSR, Ukraine in particular.”

Mwahahahahahahahahaha

Ask Iraqi and Afghans about USA values. Unfortunately in practice they apply only to Americans.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: March 22, 2014, 01:44:14 pm »

Stopped reading there (much bombing in crimea?!).

Joke, I read it to the end and its a clear propaganda article on why USA can and has to be world policemen (because kawai true democracy desu) and why Russia should shut the fuck up, I mean seriously Thomek this article was shit, I hope you dont agree with most of it  :shock:  it would be a big kickback from healthy debate on this thread.

Edit: Now I understand everything  :mrgreen: seen at the end of the text:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 01:54:44 pm by Butan »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: March 22, 2014, 01:44:25 pm »
+1
Crimeans aren't sheltering terrorists and its populace isn't stuck in the 5th century BC with its goat-fucking, pedophilic, and Sha'ria law ways. Oh yeah, let's not forget about the massive double standards there. It's OK to kill homosexuals, but they have what they call "man love thursdays" when it's okay to bone your buddy.

So yeah, who cares about Afghanistan and Iraq?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: March 22, 2014, 01:58:04 pm »
+1
Crimeans aren't sheltering terrorists and its populace isn't stuck in the 5th century BC with its goat-fucking, pedophilic, Sha'ria law ways.

Thank you for reminding us that "War on terrorism" casus belli and cultural differences is enough to come and bomb the shit out of a country with the approval of the world!

Also if you really think that the Russian people kill homosexuals day in, day out, then you're a bigger turd than Oberyn anti-fascist cult guru.
By the same logic, we have crimes committed against homosexuals in France (and we recently gave them the right to marriage), so what? Every country has fascists, anti-homosexual, racist people  :rolleyes: they are more or less passively sustained by how the government of said country function and think, but afaik there is still no right to kill homosexuals in Russia.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 02:02:55 pm by Butan »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: March 22, 2014, 02:18:53 pm »
Thank you for reminding us that "War on terrorism" casus belli and cultural differences is enough to come and bomb the shit out of a country with the approval of the world!
So are you saying those countries were not sympathetic to terrorists? And "cultural differences", yeah, sure. I guess that's what the politically correct term for "raping little boys" is these days.

lso if you really think that the Russian people kill homosexuals day in, day out, then you're a bigger turd than Oberyn anti-fascist cult guru.
By the same logic, we have crimes committed against homosexuals in France (and we recently gave them the right to marriage), so what? Every country has fascists, anti-homosexual, racist people  :rolleyes: they are more or less passively sustained by how the government of said country function and think, but afaik there is still no right to kill homosexuals in Russia.
What are you even talking about. When have I said anything about Russians killing homosexuals?
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.