Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485267 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #1935 on: March 19, 2014, 07:08:46 pm »
+2
doesn't mean that opinion of "low-educated whore" is worth less than someones with academic title. In the end opinion in itself should be judged, not the one who voice it.

That depends on the question being asked. On the topic of the origin of the universe, I'd much rather ask someone with a degree in astrophysics than my neighbors, if I can't hear both.

Anyways I believe that what Dark Blade wanted to say is that being elitist with respect to education is undemocratic.

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #1936 on: March 19, 2014, 07:12:16 pm »
+3
Dark Blade just threw shit towards my education just for my opinion (because he thinks that all those people who support democracy have doubtful education).

Not going to comment anything else, but he didn't say anything about your education.

Anyways I believe that what Dark Blade wanted to say is that being elitist with respect to education is undemocratic.
This is how I understood that as well

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: March 19, 2014, 07:13:41 pm »
+1
There's also a difference between being dumb and playing the fool. I doubt people getting into such high positions of authority are really "dumb".
And how!

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: March 19, 2014, 07:16:15 pm »
+1
That depends on the question being asked. On the topic of the origin of the universe, I'd much rather ask someone with a degree in astrophysics than my neighbors, if I can't hear both.

Yes, I've read it wrong because Dark Blade was referring to something that I didn't say. Anyway it makes no sense. If she was just a random woman from the streets - who cares about her education or intelligence? She has the same right for her opinion like everyone else. I didn't discuss any opinions at all. I wanted to say that it's completely wrong when you have such people on such important places. It's a fatal mistake to let dumb people decide someone's destiny.

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: March 19, 2014, 07:17:38 pm »
+1
There's also a difference between being dumb and playing the fool. I doubt people getting into such high positions of authority are really "dumb".

Good point, however amount of mistakes Yanukovich made in last 4 months tells us that he is either dumb or it was someone's else clever plan he played his part in.
So is he dumb or not totally depends on if you are conspirology fan or not.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: March 19, 2014, 07:21:16 pm »
Dark Blade just threw shit towards my education just for my opinion (because he thinks that all those people who support democracy have doubtful education). Does it require a lot of brain to understand?

luv dat "well\low - educated person" from the man who is standing for democrative system. 

Where exactly he refers to your education?

Around polish supreme court there're columns with written sentences.
(click to show/hide)

One of them says (more or less): you shall base your opinion on your own thinking, not previous judgements or authorities.

As a general rule ofc you're right, I just say that being low-educated a priori doesn't make someones opinion worthless. That's why using this term pejoratively in discussion is pretty fucking stupid in my eyes.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Dark_Blade, Fallen_Templar_the_Grey, Jeric_Whistlebone
« Reply #1941 on: March 19, 2014, 07:22:24 pm »
Kafein
not just with respect to educated person but without respect to low-educated person is undemocratic.
I can understand it but experience says that in coversations like this one - only specific education makes your opinion realy competent. like juridical and economical education. maybe historical at some point.
for everything and everyone else - this.
Lack of acadamic titles doesn't mean that her opinion is worthless. And the opposite, academic degrees don't make your opinion valid. Shitty trick.

if we are democratic community let's be tolerant especially if you prefer democracy. otherwise you are contradicting yourself
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 07:25:46 pm by Dark_Blade »

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: March 19, 2014, 07:27:10 pm »
+2
Dark Blade, noone says that educated person is better that uneducated one. In most cases I don't care about education of people.

But uneducated president or state prosecutor is terrible and may end up very bad. Don't really know anything about her education though.

And it has nothing to do with democracy, rather with common sense.

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: March 19, 2014, 07:29:19 pm »
Anyways I believe that what Dark Blade wanted to say is that being elitist prick with lack of respect to those who have no formal education is undemocratic.

Fixed that for you.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: March 19, 2014, 07:30:44 pm »
Where exactly he refers to your education?

I took it that way because otherwise it would refer to something irrelevant. How do you understand that if you don't connect it to my previous post?

Kafein
not just with respect to educated person but without respect to low-educated person is undemocratic.
I can understand it but experience says that in coversations like this one - only specific education makes your opinion realy competent. like juridical and economical education. maybe historical at some point.
for everything and everyone else - this.
if we are democratic community let's be tolerant especially if you prefer democracy. otherwise you are contradicting yourself

I think that you lose a track of what is democracy. I don't and I didn't speak about opinions. I only spoke about competence of people taking important positions, partially about current Crimean Attorney General. It has nothing to do with democracy or with anything else. It's not undemocratic if you can't get to University because you lack intelligence or education. Same thing here: if you're not good enough for this position - you should not get it. I never brag with my diplomas (this was the first time here, because I misunderstood your text, I'm sorry for that, I just got pissed with its audacity which wasn't meant to be there), everyone's opinion has a right to exist and I don't say "fuck off, I won't listen to you because you didn't graduate from 5 Universities".

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Dark_Blade, Fallen_Templar_the_Grey, Jeric_Whistlebone
« Reply #1945 on: March 19, 2014, 07:43:15 pm »
well I know that its wrong to say, but I am actually talking about you.
not once i've seen some your phrases like "... as well-educated person says [enter the subject that you like]."
and "low-educated people [enter the subject that you dislike]."
I wont get quotes because this topic is so big but you know what I am talking about.
you can think about people with different education whatever you want but by the democracy - their opinion is not worse than your even if you find it wrong.  even when its complitely stupid. 
I think everyone cant agree with it same like I am but for me it means that real democracy(at social sphere) is a myth. usually people are authoritar in their beliefs.

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: March 19, 2014, 07:45:50 pm »
+1
if you can't get to University because you lack intelligence or education.

Meh, dunno how to use this "copy url at current time", 3:15 anyway.

Yes, I've read it wrong
Does it require a lot of brain to understand?

Yup, looks like it does.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 07:55:04 pm by Falka »

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: March 19, 2014, 08:04:06 pm »
Meh, dunno how to use this "copy url at current time", 3:15 anyway.

Yup, looks like it does.

I've read it wrong because he referred it wrong, also I have said sorry to him already. Same as you did. Okay, that movie is good. Now tell me, will you go to a surgeon who barely finished uni or will you be happy at a court with a judge who bought his diploma? You live in a different reality than in Ukraine. Here, in Ukraine, it's a huge problem with education because you can buy any diploma you want. Especially in Law Academies and Economical faculties. You just pay money for exams and don't visit your alma mater.

well I know that its wrong to say, but I am actually talking about you.
not once i've seen some your phrases like "... as well-educated person says [enter the subject that you like]."
and "low-educated people [enter the subject that you dislike]."
I wont get quotes because this topic is so big but you know what I am talking about.
you can think about people with different education whatever you want but by the democracy - their opinion is not worse than your even if you find it wrong.  even when its complitely stupid. 
I think everyone cant agree with it same like I am but for me it means that real democracy(at social sphere) is a myth. usually people are authoritar in their beliefs.

If I said so then I considered such people that much educated. There are a lot of people who have the opposite opinion to mine while having good or better education than me. How come you get this connected to my words? You better get quotes because I don't consider all people with different opinions as low-educated people. It would be dumb and super self-confident.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: March 19, 2014, 08:05:00 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Subtitle of the pic from Kiev TV : Evil nazi pillager russian troops considering eating food which doesnt include babies to change their commie diet, ends with the death of 13 people including storekeeper

Subtitle of the pic from RT news : Self defense militia for the protection of the people on patrol duty for the stability of the crimean peninsula, overpay 500 000 rubles for a pound of cheese to help rebuild the local economy

Subtitle of the pic from VICE NEWS: Soldiers are going to buy food then eat it.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 08:10:31 pm by Butan »

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: March 19, 2014, 08:09:17 pm »