Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485363 times)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #1905 on: March 19, 2014, 12:38:41 pm »
+1
No, only Russians learn history that way.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: March 19, 2014, 12:44:43 pm »
+2
In Soviet Crimea referendum votes you

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: March 19, 2014, 01:04:16 pm »
+1
This is all very true. Basically, Ukrainians are fucked, no matter what. They have the worst geostrategical position in the world.

But it was, apparently Americans that tipped the scale first, by attempting to replace elected, although totally corrupted Gov, with their pawns. And no, they did not annex anything (mostly because they can't and they have no interest), but just imagine what their reaction would have been if Russia instigated revolution and installed puppet Government in Mexico, for example. When it happened in Cuba, we almost had WW3, and USA did attempt the invasion (although they got their asses kicked).

I dont disagree with any sentiments here but: USA did not try to invade Cuba: the CIA tried to invade cuba.

I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #1908 on: March 19, 2014, 01:12:48 pm »
brainwashed eu scumm

he give u links
and U back only shittalks  :?

Also - my friend in the military told a story that reached him via his channels.....

Links... lets see - to a russian propaganda site and an (relatively) old article (content of which I did not deny btw :) )  Yeah, I shit talk, join the club  :mrgreen:

The point is - if you are weak and want to push through your agenda - you look for allies. One can ally with russias putler (one HELLUVA ally that guy is, backstabing his neighbours) or you can ally with USA, knowing full well their intentions, because they leak though and through... Yanukovic chose putler, Maidan had to choose west... Its just that the reaction to failure in this particular case was seriously fucked up from putler :)

And its not about a source of that story, its about the content of it...  :rolleyes:

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #1909 on: March 19, 2014, 01:13:54 pm »
+1
I dont disagree with any sentiments here but: USA did not try to invade Cuba: the CIA tried to invade cuba.

Ok, so Russia did not try to invade Crimea, FSB invaded Crimea.

Links... lets see - to a russian propaganda site and an (relatively) old article (content of which I did not deny btw :) )  Yeah, I shit talk, join the club  :mrgreen:

Dude, I don't care its Russian propaganda site, the speech is there. And the speech is correct, word by word. And Vovka is trolling you, and you don't even realise that. Conclusion: You = stupid.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: March 19, 2014, 01:16:25 pm »
+1
Ok, so Russia did not try to invade Crimea, FSB invaded Crimea.
Apples to oranges.

Those are not FSB men on the streets in Crimea. They are Russian soldiers.

If it had been USA invading Cuba, as opposed to a single American organization, Cuba would not have stood a chance. American soldiers did not invade Cuba.

If FSB had put together an all-Ukrainian militia that now controlled Crimea, with no support from Russia, then it would be a good comparison. But alas, that is not the reality.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: March 19, 2014, 02:07:35 pm »
+1
I'm glad to be joined by some brainwashed pro-russian scum on this topic  :mrgreen:

Whether Maidan was started/supported/controlled by outer forces, fact is that the people chose to overthrow the government, whether pushed badly or not.
The same is true for Crimean people, even if the results of the referendum were positively rigged, dont tell me that the people cheering in the streets of Crimea are mind-controlled and only represent the minority, and that people at Maidan were free men that represented the majority.
Maybe after everyone have conceded those 2 points (both coup/protest/revolt/whatever of Maidan and Simferopol are as illegitimate/legitimate/whatever as the other) we can start talking of more debatable topics.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #1912 on: March 19, 2014, 03:01:58 pm »
+5
The problem is that with this move the good old land grab becomes a viable option again on the world stage. It's a can of worms. On the other hand it's certainly time to protect those German citizens on Mallorca with Anschluss.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1033
  • Infamy: 746
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: March 19, 2014, 03:20:09 pm »
When it exactly stopped to be an option?

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: March 19, 2014, 03:26:28 pm »
The problem is that with this move the good old land grab becomes a viable option again on the world stage. It's a can of worms. On the other hand it's certainly time to protect those German citizens on Mallorca with Anschluss.
Germans on Mallorca are not oppressed but Turks in Germany can see things otherwise :twisted:

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: March 19, 2014, 03:52:58 pm »
+2
Germans on Mallorca are not oppressed but Turks in Germany can see things otherwise :twisted:

they are, those mouldy brits always remove the towels.
and we oppressed turks here, they have to work to earn their money :P .

Offline Franke

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Franke_HRE and Frankes_STF_HRE
« Reply #1916 on: March 19, 2014, 04:04:22 pm »
+1
they are, those mouldy brits always remove the towels.
I wouldn't call it oppression, it's more like a proxy war between GB and Germany
Quote from: Tindel
In teamspeak i like to hear all of your opinions on; beer and alcohol, chocolate chip cookies, social problems and their solutions, massmurderers, why ranged should burn in hell, hating on new maps, hating on old maps.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: March 19, 2014, 04:15:14 pm »
+1
When it exactly stopped to be an option?

When the international community started taking substance, I guess.

Whether Maidan was started/supported/controlled by outer forces, fact is that the people chose to overthrow the government, whether pushed badly or not.
The same is true for Crimean people, even if the results of the referendum were positively rigged, dont tell me that the people cheering in the streets of Crimea are mind-controlled and only represent the minority, and that people at Maidan were free men that represented the majority.
Maybe after everyone have conceded those 2 points (both coup/protest/revolt/whatever of Maidan and Simferopol are as illegitimate/legitimate/whatever as the other) we can start talking of more debatable topics.

The thing is, they are incomparable in nature. EuroMaidan ousted Yanukovich illegally, however this happened quite peacefully relative to this kind of event and what it usually causes. It was definitely not a coup and not a revolution either, as the parliament did not change.

Now, I believe the unilateral referendum in Crimea is legitimate if you completely forget about russian soldiers invading it beforehand for a completely warped up reason ("WMD in Irak"-style, should I add) and infecting the population of another country with russian propaganda.

So no, conceding that those two things are "as legitimate/illegitimate as each other" is not the start of a healthy debate. As I said before, just because one recognises two sides to an argument doesn't mean they are equal or that the truth is in between.

Offline Yarl

• Count
  • Renown: 173
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Yarl
« Reply #1918 on: March 19, 2014, 04:29:59 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #1919 on: March 19, 2014, 04:31:59 pm »
I'm glad to be joined by some brainwashed pro-russian scum on this topic  :mrgreen:
Butan became some kind of martyr now and we are all "USA... USA..."-chanting western noobs for not being able/willing to "look through the veil of multinational US dictated power surge".  :cry:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.