Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485267 times)

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #1890 on: March 19, 2014, 10:50:58 am »
+1
Putin's speech in Engrish:

http://eng.kremlin.ru/news/6889

It somewhat explains Russian point of view.

And if someone missed it, here is a transcript of US diplomants (Deputy Secretary of State and Ambassador to Ukraine) talking over the phone. It paints a pretty clear picture as to who was behind Maidan protest and how US is planning to form Ukrainian Government. It's from BBC:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26079957
You know whats funny? If similar shit was released for Yanukovic talking with putler regarding resolving the situation about whole EuroMaidan business - noone would even care, because... well... thats just SO common, that it would not even become news worthy. Now lets do a mental excercise and make an intelligent guess about how many similar talks between puler/Yanu happened.

So 2 big superpowers tried to influence Ukraine and supported/manipulated/managed (pick your poison :) ) their favorites. Which the favorites understood 100%, I dont believe they are Naive. When US failed with the orange revolutions they invaded part of Ukraine and annexed part of its territory after a sham referendum... wait.. no, that didn't happen. US took the pill and went home. Someone else invaded Ukraine...

So yeah... lets keep comparing how US and SU(reborn) handled their defeat in Ukraine. Totally comparable reactions.

Also - my friend in the military told a story that reached him via his channels from one of Crimea bases. Goes basically like this:
Russian commander writes a letter to besieged Ukr soldiers. "Come out, give up or join us. No point in fighting!". Ukrainian officers sent a reply almost instantly "We are almost all russians in here. You should know that russian soldiers never give up." Was damn funny  :lol:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 10:54:11 am by Kuujis »

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #1891 on: March 19, 2014, 11:04:57 am »

And if someone missed it, here is a transcript of US diplomants (Deputy Secretary of State and Ambassador to Ukraine) talking over the phone. It paints a pretty clear picture as to who was behind Maidan protest and how US is planning to form Ukrainian Government. It's from BBC:

Good thing you didn't take the job as observer when it was offered. Jesus, you're naive! :rolleyes:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #1892 on: March 19, 2014, 11:09:11 am »
+2
You know whats funny? If similar shit was released for Yanukovic talking with putler regarding resolving the situation about whole EuroMaidan business - noone would even care, because... well... thats just SO common, that it would not even become news worthy. Now lets do a mental excercise and make an intelligent guess about how many similar talks between puler/Yanu happened.

So 2 big superpowers tried to influence Ukraine and supported/manipulated/managed (pick your poison :) ) their favorites. Which the favorites understood 100%, I dont believe they are Naive. When US failed with the orange revolutions they invaded part of Ukraine and annexed part of its territory after a sham referendum... wait.. no, that didn't happen. US took the pill and went home. Someone else invaded Ukraine...

So yeah... lets keep comparing how US and SU(reborn) handled their defeat in Ukraine. Totally comparable reactions.

Also - my friend in the military told a story that reached him via his channels from one of Crimea bases. Goes basically like this:
Russian commander writes a letter to besieged Ukr soldiers. "Come out, give up or join us. No point in fighting!". Ukrainian officers sent a reply almost instantly "We are almost all russians in here. You should know that russian soldiers never give up." Was damn funny  :lol:

This is all very true. Basically, Ukrainians are fucked, no matter what. They have the worst geostrategical position in the world.

But it was, apparently Americans that tipped the scale first, by attempting to replace elected, although totally corrupted Gov, with their pawns. And no, they did not annex anything (mostly because they can't and they have no interest), but just imagine what their reaction would have been if Russia instigated revolution and installed puppet Government in Mexico, for example. When it happened in Cuba, we almost had WW3, and USA did attempt the invasion (although they got their asses kicked).
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Corwin

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: March 19, 2014, 11:13:58 am »
+3
Good thing you didn't take the job as observer when it was offered. Jesus, you're naive! :rolleyes:

Please elaborate. I've been called many things, but this is the first time someone calls me naive.  :mrgreen:

Being objective means hearing BOTH sides. And, having in mind that they are all full of shit, distinguish parts and bits of truth in what they are saying. Please, enlighten me, where have I made a mistake?
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #1894 on: March 19, 2014, 11:18:06 am »
Please elaborate. I've been called many things, but this is the first time someone calls me naive.  :mrgreen:

Being objective means hearing BOTH sides. And, having in mind that they are all full of shit, distinguish parts and bits of truth in what they are saying. Please, enlighten me, where have I made a mistake?
You made a mistake the moment your opinion started to disagree with the western view, you are either a smart man, or a brainwashed soviet according to certain people in this forum. Nice to see an opinion from someone trying to take an intermediate approach to the standard x is bad, y will save the world that reigns around here.

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #1895 on: March 19, 2014, 11:19:34 am »
+2
But it was, apparently Americans that tipped the scale first, by attempting to replace elected, although totally corrupted Gov, with their pawns. And no, they did not annex anything (mostly because they can't and they have no interest), but just imagine what their reaction would have been if Russia instigated revolution and installed puppet Government in Mexico, for example. When it happened in Cuba, we almost had WW3, and USA did attempt the invasion (although they got their asses kicked).

Come on, it is obvious that everyone is protecting their own interests, it is obvious that USA were supporting maidan, just as EU did, they don't hide it. However it would be wrong to say that maidan was started by them that they replaced government by maidan's hands etc..

And if someone missed it, here is a transcript of US diplomants (Deputy Secretary of State and Ambassador to Ukraine) talking over the phone. It paints a pretty clear picture as to who was behind Maidan protest and how US is planning to form Ukrainian Government.

Does it though?
They were discussing situation as many other people did, nothing more. I don't see how it could mean that
who was behind Maidan protest and how US is planning to form Ukrainian Government

Offline Corwin

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: March 19, 2014, 11:26:30 am »
Come on, it is obvious that everyone is protecting their own interests, it is obvious that USA were supporting maidan, just as EU did, they don't hide it. However it would be wrong to say that maidan was started by them that they replaced government by maidan's hands etc..

Does it though?
They were discussing situation as many other people did, nothing more. I don't see how it could mean that

I don't think protests would have succeded without US help.

And to the question does the transcript clarifies things. Yes it does, it does make things rather clear. Here this part especially:

"Nuland: Good. I don't think Klitsch should go into the government. I don't think it's necessary, I don't think it's a good idea.
Pyatt: Yeah. I guess... in terms of him not going into the government, just let him stay out and do his political homework and stuff. I'm just thinking in terms of sort of the process moving ahead we want to keep the moderate democrats together. The problem is going to be Tyahnybok [Oleh Tyahnybok, the other opposition leader] and his guys and I'm sure that's part of what [President Viktor] Yanukovych is calculating on all this.
Nuland: [Breaks in] I think Yats is the guy who's got the economic experience, the governing experience. He's the... what he needs is Klitsch and Tyahnybok on the outside. He needs to be talking to them four times a week, you know. I just think Klitsch going in... he's going to be at that level working for Yatseniuk, it's just not going to work."

You made a mistake the moment your opinion started to disagree with the western view, you are either a smart man, or a brainwashed soviet according to certain people in this forum. Nice to see an opinion from someone trying to take an intermediate approach to the standard x is bad, y will save the world that reigns around here.

Thanks.

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: March 19, 2014, 11:31:55 am »
+1
"Nuland: Good. I don't think Klitsch should go into the government. I don't think it's necessary, I don't think it's a good idea.
Pyatt: Yeah. I guess... in terms of him not going into the government, just let him stay out and do his political homework and stuff. I'm just thinking in terms of sort of the process moving ahead we want to keep the moderate democrats together. The problem is going to be Tyahnybok [Oleh Tyahnybok, the other opposition leader] and his guys and I'm sure that's part of what [President Viktor] Yanukovych is calculating on all this.
Nuland: [Breaks in] I think Yats is the guy who's got the economic experience, the governing experience. He's the... what he needs is Klitsch and Tyahnybok on the outside. He needs to be talking to them four times a week, you know. I just think Klitsch going in... he's going to be at that level working for Yatseniuk, it's just not going to work.

I understand your point. However, at that time we were discussing situation with my friends in similar way and came to the very same conclusions. Probably with exception that Nuland and Pyatt had some ways of influencing the situation.

Again, yes, it is obvious and it was obvious that USA and EU were influencing situation as well as Russia and if it is surprise for you - I understand why Molly called you naive.
However it doesn't mean that maidan was organized by USA and that new government is USA's puppets.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: March 19, 2014, 11:42:22 am »
+1

It explains Putler TV's point of view, which is also that the Judeo-Masonic Gay NATO Navisitors can't see pics , please register or login
zvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
i Illuminati NWO interests are at stake here. Please. And check on "But USA is doing it too :(".

What Putin fails to address here is that he forcibly sent his military to invade Crimea, then this "referendum" took place. There were no shot fired simply because the Ukrainians did not shoot back. Had the first Russians arriving there been met with bullets, like they would have had Ukraine not been right in the middle of a political crisis, things would have gotten very ugly, very fast.

I'm not really convinced the end result of the referendum would have been any different (except in numbers, probably) if it had been done properly, though. Scotland and Catalonia don't need a big bear to tell them they want out. Still, we will never know now.

Where does it say they took any part in Maidan ? They didn't. They supported it after it started getting real.

And yes, pretty much everyone takes part in forming an interim government, as advisors and as lobbies. Should I remind you that elections will take place in May ?

Offline Corwin

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: March 19, 2014, 11:50:49 am »
I didn't think Maidan was organized by USA. They just used the opportunity, but they did do a lot to help protests succeed. And about the Government not being a puppet. Do you think Ukrainian Gov can make any important decision now without consulting US Ambassador or State Secretary? I doubt it very much. FFS, Yats is Prime Minister now, and Klitsch is not in the Gov. Just as they said.

Let's see what happens after the elections.

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: March 19, 2014, 11:51:25 am »
And yes, pretty much everyone takes part in forming an interim government, as advisors and as lobbies.

Small correction, that talk took place long before maindan won. It was on 25th January when Yanukovich offered Yatseniuk to become prime-minister without reforming government and without Yanukovich's resignation.

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: March 19, 2014, 11:55:00 am »
FFS, Yats is Prime Minister now, and Klitsch is not in the Gov. Just as they said.

That's because Yats is the most experienced among opposition(except probably Poroshenko) and Kitsch has no experience at all, he has no place in government. So yes, just as they said.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #1902 on: March 19, 2014, 12:03:28 pm »

brainwashed eu scumm

he give u links
and U back only shittalks  :?

Also - my friend in the military told a story that reached him via his channels.....

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: March 19, 2014, 12:03:49 pm »
+1
insta recall the most badass letter in human history http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reply_of_the_Zaporozhian_Cossacks

wronk

After invading Greece and receiving the submission of other key city-states, Philip II of Macedon sent a message to Sparta: "If I win this war, you will be slaves forever." In another version, he warned: "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city." According to both accounts, the Spartan ephors replied with one word: "If" (αἴκα).[19] Subsequently neither Philip nor Alexander attempted to capture the city.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #1904 on: March 19, 2014, 12:10:22 pm »
wronk

After invading Greece and receiving the submission of other key city-states, Philip II of Macedon sent a message to Sparta: "If I win this war, you will be slaves forever." In another version, he warned: "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city." According to both accounts, the Spartan ephors replied with one word: "If" (αἴκα).[19] Subsequently neither Philip nor Alexander attempted to capture the city.
I think you've read this story on a pack of cornflakes this morning  :P