Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485529 times)

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #1845 on: March 18, 2014, 08:31:55 pm »
Before it was foreign troops (Russian) attacking national troops (Ukrainian), now it is national troops (Russian) attacking and ousting the evil Ukrainian invaders of the Motherland. The Ukrainian bases are like Private Ryan, trapped in a foreign hostile land.
Also, a referendum in peace is better than one in war. Now they can argue that they offered to get out of there and return, and they refused to...

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: March 18, 2014, 08:37:37 pm »
+1
Why you minused me Falka, I made only good - neutral post recently  :P

Tbh I don't remember why. You said sth about WWII which I didn't like, but cba to check what was that :P And I don't mind "bad" posts, expressing different opinion than mine, me downvoting your post doesn't change that :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: March 18, 2014, 08:46:58 pm »
+1
I can respect that  :)  here's my + of love.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #1848 on: March 18, 2014, 08:47:38 pm »
An unfair treaty? Which parts did you find unfair, please refer to source material.

It would have destroyed all the old industry int east of the country. And it was a first step for joing NATO later. But most important, when a democratic government says "No", this is "No".
But EU do not like democracy. When France and Netherland said "No" to the European Constitution treaty, it was adopted later with an other name... fuck you democracy, fuck you referendum, fuck you people. Again and again.
I know how EU works, i'm born inside.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #1849 on: March 18, 2014, 08:48:53 pm »
Ukraine has now authorised its troops to fire in self defence. I can't believe they will sacrifice those soldiers for fucking good PR.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: March 18, 2014, 08:50:44 pm »
+2
Good for you that you didn't born in Sparta. They used to throw your kind from a cliff.  :rolleyes:

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #1851 on: March 18, 2014, 08:53:55 pm »
Ukraine has now authorised its troops to fire in self defence. I can't believe they will sacrifice those soldiers for fucking good PR.
Two weeks too late.
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #1852 on: March 18, 2014, 08:59:29 pm »
+3
It would have destroyed all the old industry int east of the country. And it was a first step for joing NATO later. But most important, when a democratic government says "No", this is "No".
But EU do not like democracy. When France and Netherland said "No" to the European Constitution treaty, it was adopted later with an other name... fuck you democracy, fuck you referendum, fuck you people. Again and again.

Democratic government? Since when? You did read that Ukraine is among the top 3 most corrupted nations on Earth.
Saying Ukraine had a democratic government is like saying Putin was elected democratically, how many percentages above 100% was it again? ...

The EU treaty was fine, maybe you were just worried about Tymoshenko's foreign medical check which was the only ultimatum; plus NATO would have been perfect for Ukraine, they should have joined when they gave up their arsenal, but hey that's why they got this treaty:

If you wan't talk to about something undemocratic, then try and read about the Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances

The Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances is a political agreement signed in Budapest, Hungary on 5 December 1994, providing security assurances by its signatories relating to Ukraine's accession to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons. The Memorandum was originally signed by three nuclear-powers, the Russian Federation, the United States of America, and the United Kingdom. Later, China and France gave somewhat weaker individual statements of assurance as well.
The memorandum included security assurances against threats or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine as well as those of Belarus and Kazakhstan. As a result Ukraine gave up the world's third largest nuclear weapons stockpile between 1994 and 1996.
Following the 2014 Crimean crisis, the U.S. and U.K. both separately stated that Russian involvement is in breach of its obligations to Ukraine under the Budapest Memorandum, and in clear violation of Ukrainian sovereignty and territorial integrity.

According to the memorandum, Russia, the U.S., and the UK confirmed, in recognition of Ukraine becoming party to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons and in effect abandoning its nuclear arsenal to Russia, that they would:
  • Respect Ukrainian independence and sovereignty within its existing borders.
  • Refrain from the threat or use of force against Ukraine.
  • Refrain from using economic pressure on Ukraine in order to influence its politics.
  • Seek United Nations Security Council action if nuclear weapons are used against Ukraine.
  • Refrain from the use of nuclear arms against Ukraine.
  • Consult with one another if questions arise regarding these commitments.

Which parts of those did Russia honor? Yeah, none. If Ukraine have still had their arsenal none of this would have happened.

This whole thing is beyond stupidity, all that this entails and implies for the future is bad..
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Corwin

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: March 18, 2014, 09:01:17 pm »
+1
Two weeks too late.

Definitely. Now it is pointless, they will only get killed.
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #1854 on: March 18, 2014, 09:07:10 pm »
+1

Yeah. They should withdraw their soldiers from Crimea. If shit hits the fan they'll be the first to get a mouthful of it, isolated in their bases as they are, surrounded by hostile, well equipped, and presumably well trained Ruskies and  belligerent locals. If things escalate it'll be a blood bath, their lives tossed away for no good reason.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #1855 on: March 18, 2014, 09:13:16 pm »
+1
True, however it is very complicated. They can't just move out of there - they are blocked and lets be honest, they are in hostile territory now.
Obviously we need to make agreement, but with whom?
Our government is not recognized neither by Russia nor by Crimea authorities, and Crimea is still considered to be ukrainian territory by Ukraine. Any negotiations are extremely difficult to do and without negotiations there is no way to evacuate men.

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: March 18, 2014, 09:21:56 pm »
Those who are bemoaning Russia's lack of commitment to international law and treaties it finds inconvenient should remember that all countries act in this manner. Europe and North America are not exactly strict adherents to their commitments either, so I don't understand all this hubub over some treaty that was written with the implicit understanding that NATO and the EU would not encroach to Russia's borders.

Anyway, back to the endless circlejerk where no one will convince anyone of anything.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1760
  • Infamy: 2224
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: March 18, 2014, 09:26:04 pm »
+1
Good for you that you didn't born in Sparta. They used to throw your kind from a cliff.  :rolleyes:

I don't see how you're different than him in that regard. He's from France and bashes EU government, you're from Russia and you're against Russian regime. Just don't justify your stance with right and wrong, those terms belong to religion, not politics.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: March 18, 2014, 09:29:01 pm »
+1
True, however it is very complicated. They can't just move out of there - they are blocked and lets be honest, they are in hostile territory now.
Obviously we need to make agreement, but with whom?
Our government is not recognized neither by Russia nor by Crimea authorities, and Crimea is still considered to be ukrainian territory by Ukraine. Any negotiations are extremely difficult to do and without negotiations there is no way to evacuate men.

Military officers can negotiate safe passage for those soldiers. I am sure Russians would agree. But you Gov has issued them order allowing them to fire. This suggests some disgusting politician probably wants them dead as martyrs, in order to unify the people to defend the country and support its leadership.

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #1859 on: March 18, 2014, 09:42:53 pm »
+2
Military officers can negotiate safe passage for those soldiers. I am sure Russians would agree. But you Gov has issued them order allowing them to fire. This suggests some disgusting politician probably wants them dead as martyrs, in order to unify the people to defend the country and support its leadership.

Yes, that's very disturbing.
On other hand they had to react somehow on killing our soldier, it was impossible to ignore it. I can only hope it won't be followed by more stupid decisions.