Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485193 times)

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #855 on: March 03, 2014, 09:54:18 pm »
+3
You mistake bravery with fanatism and lust for destruction. You confuse self-sacrifice that takes place on daily basis, by countless people of different professions, with violent monkey-rage outbursts, that destroy what was build by decades of hard work of millions! I ridicule this retarded propaganda of "freedom" so many of you are so full of.

Ssometimes new better world can be built only on the ashes of the old world, old order has to be destroyed before mankind will do next step in the future :P Sacrifice of one generation lets their descendants live in better world. Propaganda of freedom which you try to ridicule overthrown communism in 1989, without people who were willing to went out in the streets and destroy the Berlin wall there would still be cold war and USSR ruling over east europe. King Louis had to be killed on gillotine before Declaration of human rights could be written :P

Where are you from, Theeth, since you know so much about bravery and good of revolutions? Are you not from UK?..
And why does it matter according to you? I'm from POland and I think that my contrymen in the past knew quite a lot about bravery and how to do stupid rebellions and how to attack tanks with sabres :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #856 on: March 03, 2014, 10:51:41 pm »
+2
And why does it matter according to you? I'm from POland and I think that my contrymen in the past knew quite a lot about bravery and how to do stupid rebellions and how to attack tanks with sabres :P

If you were from Egypt, Syria or at least Ukraine, i would not argue the way i do. At least your would have known by now, if it was good or not for you, personally. But i just find it hard to argue with someone young from UK or Sweden - peaceful places, who only know of poverty from TV...

This Ukraine situation is upsetting me, and most of cRPG players are hardcore freedom fighters, not a bunch of nerdy adolescent dreamers as i previously thought. So i will go back to working my shitty job, and let you do the important stuff. If it wasn't for today's newspapers, i would not get emotional enough to post here :)
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Dark_Blade, Fallen_Templar_the_Grey, Jeric_Whistlebone
« Reply #857 on: March 03, 2014, 11:08:38 pm »
to Dave
(click to show/hide)

to Zero
(click to show/hide)

to everyone who think that he is right - welcome to ukraine, I really want you to live in the country which it will be. ah you probably dont want... this country is weaker than your motherland... so take care about your own life and dont talk a shit about things that you complitelly dont know and which are none of your business. at some point the blood of the people who was killed is on your hands too. without your support demonstrators shouldnt be as impudent as they was and it shouldnt went that far as it just went.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 11:21:01 pm by Dark_Blade »

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 03, 2014, 11:19:06 pm »
+2

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/16644428-sarah-palin-taunts-critics-for-mocking-her-2008-ukraine-invasion-prediction

back in 2008 during the election campaign Sarah Palin was ridiculed by democrats for making this bold statement against Obama wanting to improve relations with Russia and essentially lifting a lot of the restrictions placed upon them over the Georgian invasion.  Now 6 years later, i lol, because she was right all this time.

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 03, 2014, 11:27:22 pm »
+1
and the fine quote for all this situation
All the evils of this world comes from thinking. When people who are not capable to think are doing it.
A.Sapkowski, "Narrenturm"

said by Zawisza the Black from Garbów, the Black Knight  :wink: I don't agree with almost everything what you say, but I have to appreciate your choice of lecture :P

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dark_Blade, Fallen_Templar_the_Grey, Jeric_Whistlebone
« Reply #860 on: March 03, 2014, 11:34:57 pm »
+1
Falka, as member of Grey Order - I know, its pointless to do anything for changing the political mind of polish citizen  :?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2668
  • Infamy: 1910
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 03, 2014, 11:39:15 pm »
+3

Now you sound like Panos, ancestors of my ancestors did that yadda yadda. Who cares, you werent there. Therefore you do not know how it happened exactly.

I just hope this will end without war. Everyone who wishes war to happen is an idiot or mean, evil human being. Ukraine is approached by two sides and both act "friendly", each in its own way. But the truth is, neither wants to help Ukraine. Just defending their geopolitical interests. EU wants to control Ukraine, because that means controlling part of oil and gas transport. Russia wants the same and to keep NATO out of Ukraine. Both EU and Russia are enemy of Ukraine atm, just like Yanukovich and those new guys posing as saviors of Ukraine. Nothing good will happen to people of Ukraine. Under those circumstances, avoiding war is like winning.

Offline Falka

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 03, 2014, 11:47:49 pm »
+3
Now you sound like Panos, ancestors of my ancestors did that yadda yadda. Who cares, you werent there.

But I don't care either and I'm very far from being proud or whatever because of what my countryman did in the past, especially that I'm sure that if I were in their place I wouldn't do that. I said it just in response to Armpit's questions about nationality of Beaucheamp and Teeth.

EU wants to control Ukraine, because that means controlling part of oil and gas transport.

Dunno about whole EU, but poland is just afraid of russia and wants to keep them as far from our borders as possible, no one cares about gas transport cause almost all our gas we take from russia anyway.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 11:57:31 pm by Falka »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 03, 2014, 11:51:14 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Poor Russians...their hacking can't compete against the millions of CD keys.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 04, 2014, 12:17:25 am »
+9
to Dave
(click to show/hide)

to Zero
(click to show/hide)

to everyone who think that he is right - welcome to ukraine, I really want you to live in the country which it will be. ah you probably dont want... this country is weaker than your motherland... so take care about your own life and dont talk a shit about things that you complitelly dont know and which are none of your business. at some point the blood of the people who was killed is on your hands too. without your support demonstrators shouldnt be as impudent as they was and it shouldnt went that far as it just went.

Honestly, you should work on your texts. I've just wasted a bunch of time reading a completely useless unrelated stuff, but okay. It would be unfair if I didn't read it at least. To make it short: You live in Ukraine, you hate Ukraine, you hate democracy, you think Ukraine shouldn't exist in its current borders, UkrSSR stronk. Well... I'll try to make it short (though I'll fail and trust me I didn't even want to discuss it as there is no way to have a conversation with a person with such statements, you demand to respect your opinion but you don't make your opinion bypass simple logic before announcing it.)

1. About unrelated stuff and psychology of choices. I've stated here multiple times (I can't even count how many) that not everyone is happy with current government (including me, I personally dislike it), that there is no ideal choice at all: whatever you do now - people will be unhappy.
2. About democracy being bad. I strictly disagree, don't even want to discuss it. You would get to Gulag for your words.
3. About Ukraine being fiction. Following your logic: how can UNR (Ukrainian National Republic) that existed 3 (yes, three) years that declared independence from Russian Empire be more related to Ukraine than UkrSSR? With the same logic I can claim that Moscow should be a part of Ukraine as it got founded by lords of Kiev Rus, but I don't do it. Why? Because it would be extremely stupid. Current Ukrainian borders are ratified by the whole world (including Russia).
4. About Crimea not being Ukrainian. If it's not Ukrainian - it's definitely not Russian then. Crimea was Russian during 170 years (1783-1954) and was never Russian before and hopefully doesn't become in future.
5. About corruption in Ukraine. Yes, Ukraine was corrupted (99th place with previous president in 2006) in the past but it became corrupted even more with Yanukovich becoming probably the most (144th place in 2013, the highest corruption rating for Ukraine so far). You want to get rid of corruption and decide to become a part of guess what country? Tip: this country shares 127th place in 2013 corruption antirating with Pakistan, Nicaragua, Gambia, Lebanon, Mali, Comoros and Azerbaijan. No idea? Oh, it's Russian Federation, how unexpected.
6. About quote that you hate the government but love the country. That's just obvious hypocrisy. 5 minutes ago you confessed that you hate your country, also what should I say if you don't even accept Ukraine as a country calling it fiction?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 04, 2014, 01:02:56 am »
+1
Teeth, Falka, you shouldn't forget that Armpit is older than a dinosaur by cRPG standards. Of course he values stability more than you do.

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #866 on: March 04, 2014, 01:09:29 am »
+4
This whole thread is interesting cause it shows personal political preferences and how they depend on where each and every one of us is from.

We Poles live our history, we are immersed in it, we tend not to forget the past. And as much as I agree with DarkBlade - its pointless to do anything to change the political mind of Polish citizen - I do not think there is a large sentiment in Poland to reverse this past. Majority of people I know - at least these born in old commie times - are just happy that we lucky to live during the longest period without war in the history of Poland.  Because war always means devastation, death and losses. And that is why I personally do worry about events on Ukraine, aside from my personal political likes and dislikes.   

And let's make it straight - it has absolutely nothing to do with Greys. Greys are fighting for Elberl these days. It is just sad that vast majority of Ukrainian guys disappeared from TS. And I hope they will be back soon.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:17:20 am by Erasmas »

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 04, 2014, 01:36:18 am »
+2
Under those circumstances, avoiding war is like winning.

I can think of very few circumstances when avoiding war is not winning. War is horrible.
I don't know enough

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 04, 2014, 02:39:11 am »
+1
I can think of very few circumstances when avoiding war is not winning. War is horrible.

An unjust peace is better than a just war.

(click to show/hide)

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
« Reply #869 on: March 04, 2014, 03:14:06 am »
OMG AMERICA VS RUSSIA THIS IS JUST LIKE COD ALL OVER AGAIN.
(click to show/hide)