Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485214 times)

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #345 on: February 20, 2014, 08:16:40 pm »
+1
civil war in its beggining.....
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 20, 2014, 08:17:52 pm »
+1
"When profit is the motor of society destruction is considered a progress"

Do you even realise how stupid this sentence is?

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #347 on: February 20, 2014, 08:18:12 pm »
+1
That's not sad, that's horrible.
And the worst thing is that I don't see good way to end it. It was possible, though very difficult, a week ago. But now.. I'm afraid it can be too late.

I hope it will stop as soon as possible. We had a civil war in recent history and it ended with military coup. Nothing changed, today peoples are afraid to protest government.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 08:27:40 pm by Xside »

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 20, 2014, 08:18:53 pm »
+15
I'll try to make it as short as it is possible (trust me, the current situation isn't clear "black and white" at all and it's not easy to describe it laconically). Ukraine has the biggest territory in Europe and has about 45mil of population, quite obvious that not everyone has the same opinion. Due to some reasons (mostly historical) Ukraine is divided into 3 different populations (note that this is extremely stereotypical):

Western Ukrainians (Ukrainian nation mixed with Polish, Hungarian and minor Carpathian nationalities) are extremely active in current riot (and always were in pretty much any demonstrations) mostly because they have solid civil stance (I can describe it as an extreme patriotism, most of them are nationalists). They want Ukraine to get into EU as they connect themselves to EU more than to anything else. During the WW2 western Ukraine first fought for freedom against USSR with nаzis (there was a separate Ukrainian SS division and a lot of other collaboration reckon squads) and then against Nаzi  Germany and USSR. You can imagine how stubborn they are: they fought against USSR even 10 years after Nаzi Germany was defeated. The fact that these people fought for Nаzi Germany can't leave eastern Ukrainians' minds and they remind it in any situation they can. Here starts the first conflict between eastern and western Ukrainians: western Ukrainians consider their own actions during WW2 as the fight for freedom, eastern Ukrainians consider them nаzis  calling "Banderovets" (the follower of Bandera, one of the leaders in western Ukraine during WW2). Also these people speak exclusively Ukrainian (but most of them know Russian well). If you see guys with Molotov cocktail - it's probably western Ukrainians.

Eastern Ukrainians (Ukrainians mixed with western Russians, pure Russians and Tatars, eastern is just formal, this also contains the whole southern Ukraine): are mostly passive in everything and act more or less like Russians these days (no matter how bad things are - you're either afraid to show your opinion or you just eat it and carry on). Most of them are considered as low educated and bad mannered ignorant alcoholics of working class (called "bydlo" in Ukrainian), they were the main electorate of Yanukovich. They support "Russian way" as they consider Russians as closest brothers (and it's legit as a lot of them are Russians themselves), they respect Putin and hate Europe. Most of them don't speak Ukrainian at all, those who do - speak it hardly with a lot of mistakes that make no sense (the prime minister Azarov from Yanukovich team is a perfect example - his horrible Ukrainian became a local meme in Ukraine). Their amount in the riot is small, if you see a guy who wears fake chinese Adidas suit or an alcoholic bum fighting against the Maydan participants - it's most likely eastern Ukrainian.

Central Ukrainians (mostly original Ukrainians and a lot of other nations): golden middle between both other parts. Mostly don't support neither EU nor Russia, but if they had to decide - they would definitely pick EU. Most of them pick the neutral position (that fighting is bad no matter for what), consider both western and eastern Ukrainians too extreme in their thinking. If you see some random guys on Maydan just watching things/helping everyone - these are mostly central Ukrainians.

My own opinions is quite depressing as there is no viable way out of this situation:
1. Everyone hates Yanukovich for multiple reasons (he's a former bandit, he is dumb and he's not educated at all), he made everything to make it what it is now (at first he tried to smash the peaceful demonstration (some random students from Kiev having a march for joining EU) with the police but he failed => demonstration became aggressive, people from Western Ukraine came => he says that Ukraine will join EU, it's just the matter of time => people became less aggressive => he takes money from Putin (like $10 billions), tries to smash them again again and fails even harder => tries to make Maydan starve over time and almost succeed but then his team tries to push some completely retarded tyrant laws, prime minister Azarov who was the biggest fan of Russian and was completely against EU runs with money to Austria with his family (lel) => people start hating Yanukovich and his team even more and come back to Maydan => he retracts laws but there is no way back already, he takes some more money from Putin again and tries to smash Maydan once again)
2. Leaders of the opposite side are not much better (Yatsenyuk is a guy who will betray Ukraine for his own profit in the very first possible situation, Tyahnybok is an obvious nаzi who will chase all the eastern population with special hatred, Klitschko is a good boxer but a bad politician who'll get a bad team that will decide everything for him)
3. Ukrainian people got stuck between the hammer (Russia) and the anvil (EU). Russia dreams about getting Crimea and eastern Ukraine (well, it's hard to believe but a lot of Russians don't mind to get a part of so called "brotherland"), while EU is afraid of Ukraine getting disbanded and having civil war on its borders with all the consequences (refugees, bio-chemical-radioactive contamination and all the shit that's still in Ukraine)

All in all, I don't support the current riot. I clearly believe that once the first Molotov cocktail was thrown in the crowd of policemen - Berkut had to open fire using full metal jacket bullets just to stop what it is happening now. But instead of that Berkut was beating women and unarmed students lying on the ground. Hopefully it doesn't grow into a wide civil war, otherwise I'll be mobilized as Ukrainian infantry officer to suppress my own nation.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 20, 2014, 08:24:50 pm »
+2
Better make sure you have gaz in the tank

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 20, 2014, 08:24:54 pm »
+1
Do you even realise how stupid this sentence is?

the fact that the gramma is wrong doesnt make the meaning wrong.

everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #351 on: February 20, 2014, 08:28:00 pm »
+1
new elections
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #352 on: February 20, 2014, 08:31:09 pm »
+3
Dave, I suppose your're central ukrainian ?

Anyway, EU is just an US vassal, from it's beginning. Nothing to expect from that shitty oligarchy.

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
« Reply #353 on: February 20, 2014, 08:31:48 pm »
+2
Thank you Dave, wanted to make post about differences between eastern and western urkainians for long time, but didn't have enough time and was afraid to misrepresent it due to emotions.
Indeed these differences are one of the main problem Ukraine has because no matter who will come to power, nearly half population will hate him.
Also, you forgot to mention the fourth opposition leader - Poroshenko, obviously smart guy who become more popular with every day. I'm just interested to hear your opinion about him.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 08:48:10 pm by serr »

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #354 on: February 20, 2014, 08:39:03 pm »
+2
Guess it works different in the Ukrainian army but in the German one they actually expect an commanding officer to disobey orders that are against German law.
Then again, the German army is forbidden to be used inside Germany itself too. There are rather strict rules about that...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 20, 2014, 08:39:51 pm »
+3
the fact that the gramma is wrong doesnt make the meaning wrong.

everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Its meaning is wrong. Its use of the word "destruction" is abusive and misleading.

Dave, I suppose your're central ukrainian ?

Anyway, EU is just an US vassal, from it's beginning. Nothing to expect from that shitty oligarchy.

What makes you think the EU is an US vassal?

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 20, 2014, 08:59:05 pm »
+1
semantics you quibbler

Offline Anhy

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Русь
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Anhy
  • IRC nick: Anhy
« Reply #357 on: February 20, 2014, 08:59:29 pm »
I'll try to make it as short as it is possible (trust me, the current situation isn't clear "black and white" at all and it's not easy to describe it laconically). Ukraine has the biggest territory in Europe and has about 45mil of population, quite obvious that not everyone has the same opinion. Due to some reasons (mostly historical) Ukraine is divided into 3 different populations (note that this is extremely stereotypical):

Western Ukrainians (Ukrainian nation mixed with Polish, Hungarian and minor Carpathian nationalities) are extremely active in current riot (and always were in pretty much any demonstrations) mostly because they have solid civil stance (I can describe it as an extreme patriotism, most of them are nationalists). They want Ukraine to get into EU as they connect themselves to EU more than to anything else. During the WW2 western Ukraine first fought for freedom against USSR with nаzis (there was a separate Ukrainian SS division and a lot of other collaboration reckon squads) and then against Nаzi  Germany and USSR. You can imagine how stubborn they are: they fought against USSR even 10 years after Nаzi Germany was defeated. The fact that these people fought for Nаzi Germany can't leave eastern Ukrainians' minds and they remind it in any situation they can. Here starts the first conflict between eastern and western Ukrainians: western Ukrainians consider their own actions during WW2 as the fight for freedom, eastern Ukrainians consider them nаzis  calling "Banderovets" (the follower of Bandera, one of the leaders in western Ukraine during WW2). Also these people speak exclusively Ukrainian (but most of them know Russian well). If you see guys with Molotov cocktail - it's probably western Ukrainians.

Eastern Ukrainians (Ukrainians mixed with western Russians, pure Russians and Tatars, eastern is just formal, this also contains the whole southern Ukraine): are mostly passive in everything and act more or less like Russians these days (no matter how bad things are - you're either afraid to show your opinion or you just eat it and carry on). Most of them are considered as low educated and bad mannered ignorant alcoholics of working class (called "bydlo" in Ukrainian), they were the main electorate of Yanukovich. They support "Russian way" as they consider Russians as closest brothers (and it's legit as a lot of them are Russians themselves), they respect Putin and hate Europe. Most of them don't speak Ukrainian at all, those who do - speak it hardly with a lot of mistakes that make no sense (the prime minister Azarov from Yanukovich team is a perfect example - his horrible Ukrainian became a local meme in Ukraine). Their amount in the riot is small, if you see a guy who wears fake chinese Adidas suit or an alcoholic bum fighting against the Maydan participants - it's most likely eastern Ukrainian.

Central Ukrainians (mostly original Ukrainians and a lot of other nations): golden middle between both other parts. Mostly don't support neither EU nor Russia, but if they had to decide - they would definitely pick EU. Most of them pick the neutral position (that fighting is bad no matter for what), consider both western and eastern Ukrainians too extreme in their thinking. If you see some random guys on Maydan just watching things/helping everyone - these are mostly central Ukrainians.

My own opinions is quite depressing as there is no viable way out of this situation:
1. Everyone hates Yanukovich for multiple reasons (he's a former bandit, he is dumb and he's not educated at all), he made everything to make it what it is now (at first he tried to smash the peaceful demonstration (some random students from Kiev having a march for joining EU) with the police but he failed => demonstration became aggressive, people from Western Ukraine came => he says that Ukraine will join EU, it's just the matter of time => people became less aggressive => he takes money from Putin (like $10 billions), tries to smash them again again and fails even harder => tries to make Maydan starve over time and almost succeed but then his team tries to push some completely retarded tyrant laws, prime minister Azarov who was the biggest fan of Russian and was completely against EU runs with money to Austria with his family (lel) => people start hating Yanukovich and his team even more and come back to Maydan => he retracts laws but there is no way back already, he takes some more money from Putin again and tries to smash Maydan once again)
2. Leaders of the opposite side are not much better (Yatsenyuk is a guy who will betray Ukraine for his own profit in the very first possible situation, Tyahnybok is an obvious nаzi who will chase all the eastern population with special hatred, Klitschko is a good boxer but a bad politician who'll get a bad team that will decide everything for him)
3. Ukrainian people got stuck between the hammer (Russia) and the anvil (EU). Russia dreams about getting Crimea and eastern Ukraine (well, it's hard to believe but a lot of Russians don't mind to get a part of so called "brotherland"), while EU is afraid of Ukraine getting disbanded and having civil war on its borders with all the consequences (refugees, bio-chemical-radioactive contamination and all the shit that's still in Ukraine)

All in all, I don't support the current riot. I clearly believe that once the first Molotov cocktail was thrown in the crowd of policemen - Berkut had to open fire using full metal jacket bullets just to stop what it is happening now. But instead of that Berkut was beating women and unarmed students lying on the ground. Hopefully it doesn't grow into a wide civil war, otherwise I'll be mobilized as Ukrainian infantry officer to suppress my own nation.
выебу тебя петух, за восточную украину.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #358 on: February 20, 2014, 09:00:55 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)
Україна це Росія!

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #359 on: February 20, 2014, 09:07:51 pm »
+6
Guess it works different in the Ukrainian army but in the German one they actually expect an commanding officer to disobey orders that are against German law.

That was also the case in our former army, probably in many armies, even in Ukranian. I was never an officer, thank God, otherwise I also may think police has a right to shoot at protesters. Dave, kudos for the post, except for the last four sentences. If you shoot at your people as a police officer or officer of the army (which is even worse imo), except when defending your own or somebody else life, you deserve to be tried and convicted as a criminal. 
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!