Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485639 times)

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #210 on: January 28, 2014, 03:06:42 am »
+2
ACAB and all but couldnt help noticing...

(click to show/hide)
(though pwned by molotov)

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Dark_Blade, Fallen_Templar_the_Grey, Jeric_Whistlebone
« Reply #211 on: January 28, 2014, 07:40:18 am »
+3
as ukrainian i want to explain this situation from my point of view.

about violence from the riot police
right now - there is nothing to talk about because "peaceful protesters" are using  as good weapons as they allowed tocan... and it doesnt means that its not deadly weapons. so even the thing that police is not allowed to use firearms makes some kittens sad.
about "peaceful protesters"
you see how peaceful they are. its not a demonstration. its rebellion and our country leader( mhm or better to say "people who leading our country") without any remorse would allow the army to do that thing which is usually being done to the rebels.
they dont even understand what they are fighting for. one of the funniest thing is this shit is going on for a few monthes... they are losing alot of "resources" but ... they still have everything... sure its just a wish of the ukrainian nation... probably God wills it.  Manna was given to Moises and jews... and for poor, disadvantaged and enslaved ukrainians alot of incendiary mixture was given.
I am sure that people who have something to lose will not act like that... only people who have nothing or people who dont care about what they have. they just want more, no matter how much they have already. the souls of rebels are being grown in this nation since centuries under different countries... but the trouble is my motherland NEVER was fine while it was in hands of her childern. NEVER. only under any other country because every member of my nation thinks that he is smarter than anyone else even when he isnt. ukrainian logic says "if your house is worse than house of your neighbor - burn it"... and I am not kidding.
about democracy in Ukraine
i am not sure is anywhere in the world you will find more free country than this one. you are allowed to do almost everything what you want... lie from TV, in press or wherever else and be taken seriously. you can break any minor social and almost every politcal laws... is it fault of the goverment? no, its a trouble of retarded people. after the fall of USSR someone said that you are in free country so you can do whatever you want! and even 20 years later people still same retarded.
about anti-extremist laws
when I checked the list of those laws i got lold. really used to wonder how laws like that are not in constitution already.
about rulers of the country
yes, they are just a group of oligarchs but country slowly becoming better with them. current leaders of Maidan once was ruling this country... well that was one of the worst times for Ukraine.

I am not scared of civilian war. I am not scared of death. but I am scared of results. what will be? who will be happy? those people are fighting for men who cant do anything but provoke. I am free already. I just want stability in my life. finish university, find a work and get a family. i dont want war.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #212 on: January 28, 2014, 09:33:14 am »
+3
Well, it seems pretty obvious that you are Yanukovich's supporter. I hardly live in a democratic country, but here at least no one is kidnnaping injured people from hospitals because they were injured in demonstrations. 

And about the retarded civil war coment - it IS completely retarded. You have no idea what you are talking about. As anyone from the Balkans can tell you, anything is better than that. Because in civil war situation, a little blood gets spilled, than a little more, and a little more, and in three months you have people slaughtering children and burning houses with families inside. Only a complete moron would want something like this for ANY, yet alone for his own country, or accept that as a possibility he is not affraid of.

As for the rest, I recommend this video. Absolutely CRAZY Polish journalist, God I love the guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmpBD_MoeAw
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #213 on: January 28, 2014, 10:57:02 am »
As for the rest, I recommend this video. Absolutely CRAZY Polish journalist, God I love the guy:

thanks man!  wish id be able to understand him,  but non the less great vid
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 11:24:23 am by Torben »
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 28, 2014, 11:15:32 am »
I am supporter of the truth. all this started from nothing and its not fault of our current country rulers so I am keeping the classical position for ukrainian - being not for something but against something. in my case - I am against all this anarchy in the capital of my country.
no one is kidnnaping injured people from hospitals because they were injured in demonstrations
in case of THIS kind of demonstration - its right because they were breaking the law at least about  hooliganism.

about war - you are right, i dont know it and hopefully i'll not. but wait! this kind of wars not once was happening in my motherland. as I already said - I am scared of results because any other violence is scary but natural. but yeah. i said a little bit not that what I mean.

Only a complete moron would want something like this for ANY
but there is some of them...   my uncle for example.  sure he got no balls to go in Kiev... 

btw respect to all members of Berkut who gave a personal f*ck to journalists. especially to foreign ones. they showed themselfs from the unaccepteble side for the world community but they kicks asses of those annoiyng bastards who wants to get scandalous material and trying to get closer  pretty like flies to the shit.
btw those journalists are breaking the law "interfere to the person with order to action".  but for some reason journalists are protected from it... is it democracy?

P.S.
at the end this polish bastard screaming something like "what are you doing? its your own citizen!! how can you do it??"... hm I think rebels(i can call them only by this word) who throwing molotov cocktails dont think that members of Berkut are same citizen of Ukraine like they are.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #215 on: January 28, 2014, 11:50:43 am »
+2
P.S.
at the end this polish bastard screaming something like "what are you doing? its your own citizen!! how can you do it??"... hm I think rebels(i can call them only by this word) who throwing molotov cocktails dont think that members of Berkut are same citizen of Ukraine like they are.

Yeah because everybody who is protesting is an extremist terrorist throwing molotov cocktails at riot police...

Jesus man what the fuck. That generalization is not even funny

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #216 on: January 28, 2014, 01:46:24 pm »
+1

герой  :D

Dark Blade I understand your point of view, but from what I seen, people started to throw molotovs and other crazy stuff after Berkut (or whoever it was) killed a few of them, am I wrong ? Wasn't it a point when things get out of control ?
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 28, 2014, 02:05:47 pm »
+1
Well, if we get the chronology of events right, the police first managed to beat them up, arrested hundreds of people, then killed couple of people, then kidnaped injured people from hospitals (and their whereabouts are still unknown) then sent  threatening text messages to most of the participants at the protest, then tortured couple of prisoners, humiliated protesters when arrested and did some other pretty things BEFORE they started throwing Molotov cocktails.

I would actually congratulate Ukrainian people on unprecedented patience they had with this kind of police which is there "to protect and to serve".
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 28, 2014, 03:28:21 pm »
+2
"The police" is not a single hivemind, just like "the People" aren't. It's unlikely that the police officers standing with their shields raised and not doing anything were the ones who killed anyone.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Corwin

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 28, 2014, 03:30:18 pm »
+2
Police, in this case, is both a tool and a symbol of the regime. You tool.

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 28, 2014, 04:31:47 pm »
+3

Walter White is making some meth for Maidan:

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 28, 2014, 04:41:28 pm »
+2
Police, in this case, is both a tool and a symbol of the regime. You tool.
Unfortunately, that still doesn't make them a single hivemind.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 28, 2014, 04:53:28 pm »
+2
Well, there's still the matter of early presidential elections as well as the EU question that set off the whole protest movement, but this is certainly progress. So much for all the naysayers who insisted the protests weren't doing any good.
Don't.

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 28, 2014, 05:39:15 pm »
+3
but from what I seen, people started to throw molotovs and other crazy stuff after Berkut (or whoever it was) killed a few of them, am I wrong ? Wasn't it a point when things get out of control ?
you are wrong. news about dead men was after the radical actions of demostrators. as I remember from the news(of the channel what shows things at Kiev from "DEMOCRATICAL"point of view)  only one person got killed right on the maidan... by firearm... berkut wasnt allowed to use firearms so its still a question who shot that demonstrator.
other died in hospital and some of them died not because they was beaten by police. and there is really a few people with this end.

Well, if we get the chronology of events right, the police first managed to beat them up, arrested hundreds of people, then killed couple of people, then kidnaped injured people from hospitals (and their whereabouts are still unknown) then sent  threatening text messages to most of the participants at the protest, then tortured couple of prisoners, humiliated protesters when arrested and did some other pretty things BEFORE they started throwing Molotov cocktails.

I would actually congratulate Ukrainian people on unprecedented patience they had with this kind of police which is there "to protect and to serve".
arrest hundreds of people... and let them out at next day... what an arrest...  same about people in hospitals.
BEFORE they started throwing Molotov cocktails
no.

// I am not sure about espically molotovs. just after some radical actions berkut was allowed to use pneumatic weapons... and in next day-days there was this news about that guy who got killed. MAYBE cockteils became used after it(because I am not sure in my memory) but it doesnt makes previos actions less radical.

Well, there's still the matter of early presidential elections as well as the EU question that set off the whole protest movement, but this is certainly progress. So much for all the naysayers who insisted the protests weren't doing any good.
and Ukraine will get same leaders as few years ago who made our country even worse... we are free to choise our leader, but there is no fine leaders.
Police, in this case, is both a tool and a symbol of the regime.
dont you wanna say that people who are destroying their own capital of country are simbol of liberty? well it so...so  f*сk this kind of liberty. regime? dude you dont know social and political situation in Ukraine... as I already said - I am  not sure about there is any more free country in europe than this  one.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 05:49:33 pm by Dark_Blade »