Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485694 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #10425 on: October 21, 2015, 12:29:32 am »
They both stopped actually trying to gain ground, that's all there is to it.

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #10426 on: October 21, 2015, 12:37:18 am »
What was Russia's purpose for entering Ukraine?

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #10427 on: October 21, 2015, 12:49:18 am »
They both stopped actually trying to gain ground, that's all there is to it.

Yeah aren't they both simply conforming to the internationally agreed territorial control while waiting for some progress in the political situation.
Turtles

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10428 on: October 21, 2015, 08:45:16 am »
The Eastern separatists do infact have very good equipment. They have everything from guided missiles to tanks. I think that the rebels are even better armed than the government forces. But they sure as hell are not commandos. Just common militia with the latest very decent gear from the motherland.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #10429 on: October 21, 2015, 01:07:05 pm »
+3
Good equipment and shitty personnel is obviously the combination that gets airliners shot down.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #10430 on: October 22, 2015, 05:47:58 am »
Good equipment and shitty personnel is obviously the combination that gets airliners shot down.

Yeah but even the Islamic State figured out that if you just have like 100 jeeps with machine guns and charge at an army from multiple directions while blowing shit up behind them (ISIS uses suicide bombers for shock troops) that you can actually take territory from people, its what a fuckign war is. Ukraine is afraid of taking losses in minor engagements or something when people over there jerk off over the Great Patriotic War's strategic ownage of fascists in these hilariously lopsided battles with millions of troops for years all the way to raping Berlin's entire female population to celebrate victory. Maybe Ukraine really is some neo-naz1 hick nation that relates to H1tler's loss more than the Soviet victory lo;l

I remember Putin bragging "WE COULD CAPTURE KIEV in 24 HOURS. FEAR MOTHER RUSSIA AND FATHER PUTIN" at like, the UN lmao so he obviously gets it. Is Ukraine's new government full of pussies? Maybe Kiev needs to throw them out again and put some military commander in charge lmao

American politics seems liek everyone shit talks Obama for refusing to give Ukraine modern AT rifles, so I guess somehow a massive, major ex-soviet state like Ukraine has no army at all, despite being a former nuclear power (until America and Russia pledged to protect them without nukes and both countries betrayed them i guess lol), which is hilarious

If Ukraine refuses to take an initiative, they are obviously going to lose Donbass. I guess the Ukrainian government doesn't care about its people enough to save the citizens over there in a war zone at all by liberating them
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 05:58:32 am by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #10431 on: October 22, 2015, 06:05:14 am »
You paint a colourful and 100% American-sounding picture

Reality in the Ukraine is likely far more harrowing, everyone sits drunk in their damp grey crows-nests made of corrugated iron shooting at the corpse of the resident town goat that was supposed to provide them sweet milk for the entire duration of the harsh winter ahead.

Goats plural are a luxury only us ignorant westerners can afford.

Watching coverage of Kurds in Syria or militias/rebels in Ukraine all sound like peasant bullshit to begin with. They are just people sitting around sniping at each other in low-intensity skirmishes that accomplish nothing except make civilians live in fear of being shelled randomly by some drunk redneck who doesn't know math good enough to aim a mortar. I feel bad for them more than the politics involved because the media is full of propaganda liars no matter what it is. Hopefully President Trump fixes these things. Probably would take 1 game of golf with Putin to work out a deal lol
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10432 on: October 22, 2015, 08:01:48 am »

...blablabla...typical shitpost...
If Ukraine refuses to take an initiative, they are obviously going to lose Donbass. I guess the Ukrainian government doesn't care about its people enough to save the citizens over there in a war zone at all by liberating them

Would you care? You do realise "its people" in  Donbass are fanatic russian nationalists that want to be ruled by Kremlin cause Kremlin fed them a lot of bullshit about Ukraine and the poor dumb peasants took up arms. What Russia basically did was use its massive minority(that in most places was not even a minority anymore), claim that they were being abused and claimed that territory. Which is why all Eastern-European countries pissed their pants and went to cry to NATO, cause its pretty obvious if you have a large russian minority in your country, they will be used by Russia to rape you.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10433 on: October 22, 2015, 10:24:16 am »
(until America and Russia pledged to protect them without nukes and both countries betrayed them i guess lol)
Reading comprehension isn't apparently your best skill lol
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline ecorcheur_brokar

• Earl
  • Renown: 482
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
  • The guy who kill with one blow
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Brokar/SuisseMonCervela/CheeseInMyPants
« Reply #10434 on: October 22, 2015, 11:41:24 am »
Yeah but even the Islamic State figured out that if you just have like 100 jeeps with machine guns and charge at an army from multiple directions while blowing shit up behind them (ISIS uses suicide bombers for shock troops) that you can actually take territory from people, its what a fuckign war is. Ukraine is afraid of taking losses in minor engagements or something when people over there jerk off over the Great Patriotic War's strategic ownage of fascists in these hilariously lopsided battles with millions of troops for years all the way to raping Berlin's entire female population to celebrate victory. Maybe Ukraine really is some neo-naz1 hick nation that relates to H1tler's loss more than the Soviet victory lo;l

I remember Putin bragging "WE COULD CAPTURE KIEV in 24 HOURS. FEAR MOTHER RUSSIA AND FATHER PUTIN" at like, the UN lmao so he obviously gets it. Is Ukraine's new government full of pussies? Maybe Kiev needs to throw them out again and put some military commander in charge lmao

American politics seems liek everyone shit talks Obama for refusing to give Ukraine modern AT rifles, so I guess somehow a massive, major ex-soviet state like Ukraine has no army at all, despite being a former nuclear power (until America and Russia pledged to protect them without nukes and both countries betrayed them i guess lol), which is hilarious

So what Ukraine should repress half of its population, kill and emprison those who resist, create a huge emigration movement, depopulate half of the country? And then continue its repression for the ten next years on its russian minority in half of its territory.

Or find an agreement with the separatist region for some autonomy, the right to use their language in official documents, etc and find a peacefull solution that civilians on both sides of the borders hope for?
"With great bardiche comes great responsability"
"The wolf doesn't care how many sheeps may be"

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #10435 on: October 22, 2015, 01:24:30 pm »
+1
Would you care? You do realise "its people" in  Donbass are fanatic russian nationalists that want to be ruled by Kremlin cause Kremlin fed them a lot of bullshit about Ukraine and the poor dumb peasants took up arms. What Russia basically did was use its massive minority(that in most places was not even a minority anymore), claim that they were being abused and claimed that territory. Which is why all Eastern-European countries pissed their pants and went to cry to NATO, cause its pretty obvious if you have a large russian minority in your country, they will be used by Russia to rape you.

The people in Donbass are (or were) Ukrainians who are suffering from war and prob are getting more legitimate supporters of Russia because all Ukraine does is shell their towns and kill their families, which will increasingly radicalize sentiment against the government that claims to be representing them. Ukraine's lack of action in asserting its sovereignty over its territory is proving the entire thesis that this region is not considered Ukranian at all. There seems to be brave Ukrainian nationalists fighting rebels of Donbass in a low intensity war, but those who are not military-aged males with guns are just sad sick cold hungry civilians stuck in a warzone.

You can't generalize all people in Donbass as brainwashed fanatics, they prob just want peace. On what terms could this be achieved, cuz right now its just constantly violated "ceasefires" since the people shooting are not really Ukrainian or Russian military, there is a lack of law and order.

America had half the country, including tons of professional officers and talented generals, rebel and Lincoln had the balls to immediately invade and fight for 4 years of full-blown war to save a nation he believed in. Some fucking Willy Wonka chocolate factory guy or w/e the unlawful Ukranian president is doesn't seem like a Lincoln to me lmao

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #10436 on: October 22, 2015, 01:29:57 pm »
Or find an agreement with the separatist region for some autonomy, the right to use their language in official documents, etc and find a peacefull solution that civilians on both sides of the borders hope for?

Any agreement would probably be Ukraine surrendering completely to Donbass here, because they seem to have surrendered after losing 1 battle at the Donetsk airport or w/e lol

Offline Piok

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 97
    • View Profile
« Reply #10437 on: October 22, 2015, 03:30:56 pm »
So what Ukraine should repress half of its population, kill and emprison those who resist, create a huge emigration movement, depopulate half of the country? And then continue its repression for the ten next years on its russian minority in half of its territory.

Could be achieved before new Ukrainian democratic and full of sun regime send in army
and all kinds of psychos whose were looking forward to government approved raping and pillaging in eastern provinces.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10438 on: October 22, 2015, 09:24:03 pm »
+1
Please, have a little respect for my brain cells.

Offline Siiem

• Heretic
  • Duke
  • Renown: 611
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #10439 on: October 22, 2015, 09:49:46 pm »
+2
Seems pretty accurate.