Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485415 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #6990 on: October 06, 2014, 08:03:19 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Someone got to make this thread worth reading.

Someone just got back on this thread after a long absence it seems.
I'm basically counter-argumenting a pro-UKR position that everytime shells lands in rebel controlled territory its the rebels bombarding their own regions, which is the official Kiev point of view on any person who dies from bombardment in the Luhansk or Donetsk oblast.

On that particular local video, it was said to prove that a specific airport wasnt controlled by the Ukrainian army since they were shelling it. It is a contested zone that is often dubiously claimed as totally under control.

So yes it seems obvious to you but to others who often shares your point of view on this conflict, its not.
Thank you for your support.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #6991 on: October 06, 2014, 08:16:51 pm »
Feint! Parry! Riposte!

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6992 on: October 06, 2014, 11:24:17 pm »
Someone just got back on this thread after a long absence it seems.
I'm basically counter-argumenting a pro-UKR position that everytime shells lands in rebel controlled territory its the rebels bombarding their own regions, which is the official Kiev point of view on any person who dies from bombardment in the Luhansk or Donetsk oblast.

On that particular local video, it was said to prove that a specific airport wasnt controlled by the Ukrainian army since they were shelling it. It is a contested zone that is often dubiously claimed as totally under control.

So yes it seems obvious to you but to others who often shares your point of view on this conflict, its not.
Thank you for your support.

do you even movie references

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6993 on: October 07, 2014, 02:02:03 pm »
do you even movie references

Not that one, I though you were mocking me genuinely  :P What movie?

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #6994 on: October 07, 2014, 02:41:30 pm »
I meant that they do even more than fighting sporadically.

Exchanging gun fire, heavy weapon fire is one thing, exchanging artillery strike is more like full blown skirmishes  :lol:  its a weird cease fire they got down there.
And sorry but the "Rebels fired first, so we have to retaliate" only works at the first ever shot after the cease fire was applied. Afterward its only war and you can not argue that the rebels are the only ones taking the initiative.
Its been a month already so you can easily guess that they have been switching the attacker/defender mantle at least a hundred times since, trying to argue anything else is childish at best.

I dont know what you are trying to prove? Whether he sits directly around the airport, a few kilometers away, or in Moscow, if Ukrainian shells are landing at the airport it means that its not a Ukrainian controlled zone, because you dont fire at your own positions with artillery. Thats all there is to say.

Have you CHECKED the shells landing at the airport, do they have "made and fired by Ukraine army" tags or something? Do you have some proofs except an opinion of some nutjob, who is acting cool about shells/rockets falling nearby, while that "nearby" is not even in/close enough to the airport to find hot shrapnels from the shells? How are those rockets/shells falling nearby the same ones which supposedly Ukrainians are firing at the airport, which is visible in the distance, but then how the explosions and hot shrapnells are falling nearby? I may have a serious case of MIND = BLOWN (too much late night work lately), but I can't understand how any of their statements should be trustworthy or even worth considering seriously... They have occupied the airport numerous times already... nothing new there.

Also - there are Ukrainians on defense, there are nutjobs as the one in the video on the offense. Which of them keep something up and which are defending, because their leadership does not allow any significant counter-action? If it was "we attacked, got repelled, than attacked again, got repelled..." - then it is ONE side breaking truce, not both. I understand the rebels are butt-hurt at not being able to do anything serious without direct involvement of russian army and not hiding behind civilians, but still, it does not automatically mean, that both sides are guilty of violating truce. Or is this logic somehow different from where you are looking?

Meanwhile in Crimea - http://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/new-atlanticist/crimean-tatars-disappear-nineteen-now-missing-since-russian-takeover. See DonNicko? Being a minority group in Crimea is totally awesome, just like Tatarstan...

Meanwhile in russia-proper: http://www.france24.com/en/20141007-russian-entrepreneurs-vote-with-feet-troubles-mount/

Oh, and this special thing here for our russian readers: http://by24.org/2014/10/06/russian_song_about_putin_recognized_as_old_german_chocolate chip cookie_anthem/ CBA to translate, read with difficulties myself. Only one thought after this remains: you rub on others what you yourself smell like... :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 04:06:49 pm by Kuujis »

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6995 on: October 07, 2014, 04:06:25 pm »
Not that one, I though you were mocking me genuinely  :P What movie?

One that got released in 1958 and only made it through the French censor in 1975.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1055
  • Infamy: 412
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #6996 on: October 07, 2014, 04:17:56 pm »
+2

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6997 on: October 07, 2014, 04:56:42 pm »
One that got released in 1958 and only made it through the French censor in 1975.

Snobism much?  :rolleyes:

And is that movie supposed to argue that Donetsk rebels are possibly shelling their own city because they refuse to fight? I would really love to hear you develop your thoughts, but we both know you wont except a little snarky remark? That was just out of context nit-picking like I first supposed?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 05:00:20 pm by Butan »

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6998 on: October 07, 2014, 06:16:21 pm »
+1
Snobism much?  :rolleyes:

And is that movie supposed to argue that Donetsk rebels are possibly shelling their own city because they refuse to fight? I would really love to hear you develop your thoughts, but we both know you wont except a little snarky remark? That was just out of context nit-picking like I first supposed?

Well of course it was. This issue doesn't really interest me. At any rate I don't know who is "more" responsible between those shelling civilians and those using civilians as human shields. Even supposing an answer was somehow found and agreed on, that wouldn't solve anything.

Also it's pretty much the first Kubrick, watch it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 06:19:58 pm by Kafein »

Offline Kuujis

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #6999 on: October 07, 2014, 08:42:56 pm »
http://www.economonitor.com/dolanecon/2014/10/07/the-economic-future-if-any-of-novorossiya/

interesting end idea:
If the region threatens to turn against Russia or descends  into chaos as winter comes, Putin might be faced with an unpalatable choice. He could make a humiliating geopolitical retreat and leave Kiev to deal with the economic and political problems of a shattered Donbas, or he could plunge forward, completing the Novorossiya land bridge to Crimea and formally incorporating the region into Russia regardless of the cost. The last chapter of this saga has not yet been written.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #7000 on: October 08, 2014, 01:43:06 pm »

Offline DonNicko

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Remont
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Nicko
« Reply #7001 on: October 08, 2014, 09:36:25 pm »
+1
new election in parliament

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7002 on: October 10, 2014, 11:20:05 am »
To the pro DNR imbeciles in this thread.

Please, whine more about Maidan, and fascists.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #7003 on: October 10, 2014, 11:43:01 am »
Please, whine more about Maidan, and fascists.
Please wash your hands more carefully and abstains from butt sex at least in near future even if your mate insisting  :P

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7004 on: October 10, 2014, 11:44:18 am »
tryhard rus troll, so funny.