Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485412 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #6720 on: September 21, 2014, 07:16:30 pm »
Careful you're sounding like Murm!

And I'm sounding like Kuujis  :mrgreen:

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #6721 on: September 21, 2014, 09:18:46 pm »
http://nbnews.com.ua/ru/news/132338/

Wonder if its true? (not the nuclear weapons use, but the claim of it having been used).

The article says that Valeriy Geletey (the main army guy in Ukraine) claims Russia used nuclear weapons to take the airport in Lugansk.
Most people in comments seem to believe it, but... really?  :rolleyes:

If I didn't forget how to read the article says that a random journalist made a post on Facebook claiming that Valeriy Geletey said that, without quotes or any proves.
Also lol'd about comments, I looked through comments and actually didn't find a single comment with any signs of believing it. Are you high or are we reading different links?

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #6722 on: September 21, 2014, 10:04:35 pm »
Who still believe in western ukrainian propaganda ? They constantly saying bullshit.

They call their civil war an "anti-terrorist action".... that's probably why they bombed civilian targets, cut all social programs to the Novorossia population, refuse to send humanitarian help to bombed population etc.
It's not exactly the way you fight "terrorists"..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6723 on: September 21, 2014, 10:12:47 pm »
Careful you're sounding like Murm!

And I'm sounding like Kuujis  :mrgreen:

If murm directed those type of comments at you, I'd say he was right on.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #6724 on: September 21, 2014, 11:01:30 pm »
+5
Who still believe in western ukrainian propaganda ? They constantly saying bullshit.

They call their civil war an "anti-terrorist action".... that's probably why they bombed civilian targets, cut all social programs to the Novorossia population, refuse to send humanitarian help to bombed population etc.

Tovi, why do you support USA? I thought you were against imperialism of the West. Novorossia is a project of US intelligence. Also Putin is a secret agent of CIA. Basically Russia is USA. What a shame Tovi, I thought you're an OK guy but you're just like the rest.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #6725 on: September 21, 2014, 11:05:51 pm »
+1
Dave just pulled off the reverse-whattefuckwasthat manouver.

:mrgreen:

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6726 on: September 21, 2014, 11:57:24 pm »
+1
Tovi, why do you support USA? I thought you were against imperialism of the West. Novorossia is a project of US intelligence. Also Putin is a secret agent of CIA. Basically Russia is USA. What a shame Tovi, I thought you're an OK guy but you're just like the rest.

Plot twist: Putin is a double agent of MSS and Obama is only a source. Basically Russia is USA which is guided by China from the shadows...

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #6727 on: September 21, 2014, 11:59:16 pm »
Tactical nukes can be quite small. They made 0.01 kiloton 1 kiloton ones in the 60s..
By now  the russians and americans must have perfected them to extremly small devices with high efficiency and little unwanted radiation.
Will probably be undetectable unless you do measurements onsite at the time of detonation.

But why use them, you get the same results with conventional ammunition.... rusikies have big bombs..

edit:wrote when semidrunk. Was supposed to be 1 kiloton. I blame a bad source, mixed a 911 conspiracynutjob article with solid info.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 02:28:00 pm by Torost »

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6728 on: September 22, 2014, 12:32:49 am »
Didnt know about those! Even though I heard about the davy crockett nukes, but I assumed they were at a minimum of 1 kiloton.

I found a little website which can simulate nuke effect and at 0.01 kiloton it had this radius with annoted effect.

Also you're right, after a few days there would be no radiations left, so if noone check soon noone will ever know.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6729 on: September 22, 2014, 12:49:45 am »
If I didn't forget how to read the article says that a random journalist made a post on Facebook claiming that Valeriy Geletey said that, without quotes or any proves.
Also lol'd about comments, I looked through comments and actually didn't find a single comment with any signs of believing it. Are you high or are we reading different links?

Sry about double post, but dont you think its the kind of PR tricks used to throw bullshit and see if it sticks? Then if it doesnt, say it was just a random leak of no import.

http://englishrussia.com/2014/09/20/nuclear-explosions-in-donetsk-today/
Here is a little article with photos and videos of explosions in Donetsk this time.
It actually mix up the story on Lugansk and what happened at Donetsk, but its to show you what an explosion can look like.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 12:56:21 am by Butan »

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6730 on: September 22, 2014, 01:01:34 am »

Because if they send "humanitarian help" there it'll just end up in the hands of the separatists. What a concept, right? Why would they not want to send aid to their enemies? Seriously, your shit keeps getting more and more retarded.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6731 on: September 22, 2014, 01:32:47 am »
Because if they send "humanitarian help" there it'll just end up in the hands of the separatists. What a concept, right? Why would they not want to send aid to their enemies? Seriously, your shit keeps getting more and more retarded.

I guess if the separatists managed to intercept a red cross caravan full of pasta and toilet paper, this might put the balance of the war askew, since the rebels are totally in a besieged state, having their back to Russia borders, so if they got their hands on humanitarian help, it will greatly improve their battle efficiency and morale.
The fortunate population caught in the crossfire which are naturally fed by both Ukraine and rebels in the middle of the war zones would frown upon such assistance, and possibly even feel insulted.
Also, it would be the first time humanitarian help is ever being the subject of corruption and trafficking, in this case the only logical solution would be to stop any such moves.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 01:37:02 am by Butan »

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
Re: WE MAY LOSE VOVKA AND REST OF DRZ!!!
« Reply #6732 on: September 22, 2014, 11:18:49 am »
+1
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #6733 on: September 22, 2014, 12:47:18 pm »

Because your own population is not supposed to be your enemy !!! In that case they should consider Novorossia as a enemy - independant - country...

The third humanitarian convoy has just arrived from Russia.

I think Porochenko is not a bad guy, but he's stuck in a trap, between national guard nazees, CIA and NATO, wich all want a conflict with Novorossia and Russia.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #6734 on: September 22, 2014, 01:42:01 pm »
Because your own population is not supposed to be your enemy !!! In that case they should consider Novorossia as a enemy - independant - country...

The third humanitarian convoy has just arrived from Russia.

I think Porochenko is not a bad guy, but he's stuck in a trap, between national guard nazees, CIA and NATO, wich all want a conflict with Novorossia and Russia.
Ukrainian population as a majority in those regions wanted NOTHING to do with russia or the imported separatists. But once again - vox populis vox canis ( (c) Some Roman guy), because its much more important what putlers media and he himself says.