Poll

Will Putin command further invasion of Ukraine:

He will and he should, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will, but he should not, because <random witty/boring reason>
He will not, because <random witty/boring reason>
Who is mister Putin?

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Ukraine  (Read 485836 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine
« Reply #6060 on: August 29, 2014, 01:27:32 am »
As the possibility of NATO military deployment in Ukraine grows more plausible, I have no idea how this will turn out. I also have no idea why Russia is acting so mindlessly. Maybe there are dysfunctions between military and political leaders, that wouldn't be the first time.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #6061 on: August 29, 2014, 01:31:18 am »
As the possibility of NATO military deployment in Ukraine grows more plausible, I have no idea how this will turn out. I also have no idea why Russia is acting so mindlessly. Maybe there are dysfunctions between military and political leaders, that wouldn't be the first time.

To them its just like a game of Paradox RTS
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: August 29, 2014, 08:15:05 am »
Where their faction doesnt get any diplomacy points but have an overabundance of military points.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #6063 on: August 29, 2014, 08:35:50 am »
+2
What the fuck are you smoking? How is this "you are not unique" even relevant? Like in a sense "you are not unique in a sense, that russia invaded you?"

Oh, and some time ago there was this "fake" convoy, which Ukraine claimed to have destroyed. Lets see... dots connect kinda well, although - is this the same convoy or not - noone can be sure now I guess . http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/08/28/uk-ukraine-crisis-russia-casualties-idUKKBN0GS20H20140828
"Ella Polyakova and Sergei Krivenko, both members of the council" also  both members of the public organizations.  ella " the chairman of the Soldiers' Mothers of St. Petersburg " and Sergei "people and the army, and both  public organizations is " foreign agents " from 2001 financed by foreign funds like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Endowment_for_Democracy. only in 2013 they gift (просрали XD) ~8mil $$ for our democratia  :P I especially like this: $360,241
"Reducing Corruption
To reduce the corruption potential of laws and regulations that affect entrepreneurs in Russia. This organization will strengthen anti-corruption expertise by training local experts to more effectively review legislation and by supporting them in the accreditation process with the Ministry of Justice." I bet 90% of dat moneyz were misappropriated  :P

so Of course they do useful things, but they are a bit biased about several hundred thousand dollars per year )))

Where their faction doesnt get any diplomacy points but have an overabundance of military points.

fortunately all the other factions - aI with difficulty "cock sucker"

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 08:45:01 am by Vovka »

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #6064 on: August 29, 2014, 09:07:54 am »
"Ella Polyakova and Sergei Krivenko, both members of the council" also  both members of the public organizations.  ella " the chairman of the Soldiers' Mothers of St. Petersburg " and Sergei "people and the army, and both  public organizations is " foreign agents " from 2001 financed by foreign funds like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Endowment_for_Democracy. only in 2013 they gift (просрали XD) ~8mil $$ for our democratia  :P I especially like this: $360,241
"Reducing Corruption
To reduce the corruption potential of laws and regulations that affect entrepreneurs in Russia. This organization will strengthen anti-corruption expertise by training local experts to more effectively review legislation and by supporting them in the accreditation process with the Ministry of Justice." I bet 90% of dat moneyz were misappropriated  :P
What else do you "bet" about? You don't have to judge everyone around you by thinking "what would I do if I was in their place". And also - ANY organization receiving funding from outside of russia is a "foreign agent", including Red Cross, organizations like "Save the Children", etc.

In this particular case - I do not see how them receiving (IMHO) modest support funds is indicative of not being trust worthy. Trainings to do proper journalism? Whats wrong with that? If they indeed represent mothers of the soldiers who died due to empty putlers ambitions - I would love to see you telling them to their face, that they are lying.
Do you find something in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_of_the_Committees_of_Soldiers%27_Mothers_of_Russia false? Did they have some corruption shadow applied to them? Or is this suspicion a simple default reaction to something you don't know personally?

so Of course they do useful things, but they are a bit biased about several hundred thousand dollars per year )))

fortunately all the other factions - aI with difficulty "cock sucker"

(click to show/hide)
I... do not understand what you wanted to say with this :?

However - I would like to repeat my question:
Oh, and related question to our russian readers: So now, that there are more proofs than can be denied - can you please explain me, how those 87% still support him and main question is - are YOU supporting putler and if so - why? I'm genuinely interested in knowing...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 09:22:45 am by Kuujis »

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #6065 on: August 29, 2014, 09:22:00 am »
+1
I hardly doubt that.
Ukraine is not a NATO partner. Even if Russia chooses a full assault on the Ukraine, nothing more than "sanction them!!1" will happen.
Everyone is barking at Russia but it's a too big of a dog to actually bite it.
More NATO troops in actual partner countries along the the borders - probable and already happening - but an actual NATO intervention with troops and gear? Nope, can't imagine that. Or it's just me being scared about such a scenario with a direct confrontation.
And considering that China was very silent - problematicly silent for Russia - in the council about the whole Crimea deal... I have a really hard time to imagine who in Russia can possibly think it to be a good idea to actually invade "again".

We'll see and find out in a few days I guess. Maybe it is a good idea for Dave and Serr to start learning the lyrics of the Russian national anthem :?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #6066 on: August 29, 2014, 09:25:12 am »
I hardly doubt that.
Ukraine is not a NATO partner. Even if Russia chooses a full assault on the Ukraine, nothing more than "sanction them!!1" will happen.
More NATO troops in actual partner countries along the the borders - probable and already happening - but an actual NATO intervention with troops and gear? Nope, can't imagine that. Or it's just me being scared about such a scenario with a direct confrontation.
And considering that China was very silent - problematicly silent for Russia - in the council about the whole Crimea deal... I have a really hard time to imagine who in Russia can possibly think it to be a good idea to actually invade "again".

We'll see and find out in a few days I guess. Maybe it is a good idea for Dave and Serr to start learning the lyrics of the Russian national anthem :?
What I would actually like to see happening is peacekeeping forces deployed by UN.

And overall - I know I'm naive - but I want to believe, that most in the west will learn their lesson about the new putlers russia...

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #6067 on: August 29, 2014, 09:57:18 am »
What else do you "bet" about? You don't have to judge everyone around you by thinking "what would I do if I was in their place". And also - ANY organization receiving funding from outside of russia is a "foreign agent", including Red Cross, organizations like "Save the Children", etc.
In this particular case - I do not see how them receiving (IMHO) modest support funds is indicative of not being trust worthy. Trainings to do proper journalism? Whats wrong with that? If they indeed represent mothers of the soldiers who died due to empty putlers ambitions - I would love to see you telling them to their face, that they are lying.
Do you find something in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_of_the_Committees_of_Soldiers%27_Mothers_of_Russia false? Did they have some corruption shadow applied to them? Or is this suspicion a simple default reaction to something you don't know personally?
I live in a cruel world (and I believe that if someone holds you until you lift the soap there is a risk that he wants to fuck you in the ass, and not just going through what you can to slip and fall)

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: August 29, 2014, 12:49:33 pm »

Well, not really. In a real conventional war against NATO the Russian military forces would be done for in a few months. But (for good reason) nobody wants that to happen.

Whether Ukraine is officially a NATO partner doesn't really matter. All it takes is both parties to be willing, and the Ukrainians certainly are.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6069 on: August 29, 2014, 01:01:50 pm »
I dare to say that what the Ukrainians want is of no concern to anyone at this point.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: August 29, 2014, 01:04:47 pm »
I dare to say that what the Ukrainians want is of no concern to anyone at this point.

I think it is because whoever "wins" will be held responsible by the locals.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: August 29, 2014, 01:35:33 pm »

Them = ?

:lol:

Ukraine forced to either exhaust itself in a war it doesnt need, or to negotiate a peace it doesnt want.
NATO forced to include a country it doesnt need, extending its iron belt to new borders, or to negotiate a sortie de crise with its age old enemy.

Except the economical sanctions and prophecies of "rushya gonna starve!!11!!111!!1!", whats mindless about it?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 01:44:49 pm by Butan »

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: August 29, 2014, 01:36:12 pm »
German news reported repeatedly that Merkel and Putin called each other several times by now.
Who knows how often they call each other and it's not reported.
Those few power mongers decide what happens with the Ukraine. I might even go so far that no Ukrainian has any say in their "fate".

Crap, I start to sound like Tovi :?

Offline BIA_ivani4

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ivani4
  • IRC nick: Ivani4
« Reply #6073 on: August 29, 2014, 02:15:39 pm »
I think it is because whoever "wins" will be held responsible by the locals.
And these guys are going to build a railway to Magadan. Experts say that even for a salary of$1000, there will be many manifestations of enthusiasm on the basis of love for Russia. The project will be several times cheaper. That will allow the budget RF to save sufficient funds for the construction/repair of Donetsk, Lugansk and other cities.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 02:46:11 pm by BIA_ivani4 »

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: August 29, 2014, 02:46:09 pm »
Lol ivani have you ever traveled outside of mother russia?

Ukraine forced to either exhaust itself in a war it doesnt need, or to negotiate a peace it doesnt want.
NATO forced to include a country it doesnt need, extending its iron belt to new borders, or to negotiate a sortie de crise with its age old enemy.

Age old enemy? The RF isn't willing to negotiate a sortie de crise at all anyway. And even if it did, all evidence suggest the terms would not be respected by the RF.