Author Topic: Incentive to Join NA Rageball  (Read 677 times)

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Lemon Company
  • Game nicks: #Free Lemon 2012
  • IRC nick: Lemon
Incentive to Join NA Rageball
« on: December 04, 2013, 04:28:02 am »
+2
So I noticed some of those EUs missing there rageball server and thought to  myself.. why does nobody in NA play it? I was on it the other night and was able to convince maybe 5 other people to join me. We had a blast, and it was a well balanced gamemode in which you can actually have fun. So, I think its needs some kind of greater incentive. Perhaps you get one x3 tick every time your team scores the ball, aswell as the regular ticks and multies. I mean, this would encourage teamplay and give people a reward for saving this fun but dead gamemode.
Lemon Luther King JR, has a dream, where all trolls are treated with fairness and equality. Lemon's want to be able to vote, and ride in the front of the bus, and drink from the same fountain that we do. Please right this inequality

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
Re: Incentive to Join NA Rageball
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 09:11:29 am »
It is pretty hard even to kick the ball properly with a ~200 ping. Moreover it's hard to block if anyone decides to attack you with a sword. But I would like to join you and anyone else there. Rageball is the most entertaining mod ever created for crpg. Will you play there tonight?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 10:37:00 pm »
+1
I'll do my best to populate it.
Lemon Luther King JR, has a dream, where all trolls are treated with fairness and equality. Lemon's want to be able to vote, and ride in the front of the bus, and drink from the same fountain that we do. Please right this inequality

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 12:59:44 am »
+3
Jona's always down for a game of rageball, so is most of HoC, WFA, and OotWS, i think one time we had 20 people on the server?

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 03:56:13 am »
We could organize events or get clans to sign up with "teams" and host tournies with clanvclan

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 10:11:02 pm »
+2
Rageball is a great mod for Warband that is dead because it is inside of a different mod for it. It deserved its own treatment and advertising. Always liked Pigskin Footbrawl and I thought Rageball is better.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline iDazedi

• Baron
  • Renown: 93
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: HoC_Patriot_Dazed
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 10:17:54 pm »
+3
The main problem with rageball is that whenever it gets semi-populated (around 10-15ish people), it starts getting filled with europkuyak2hheros who contribute nothing to the team but treat the server like its team death match. This eventually causes everyone to get anally flustered and leave. Good way to fix this would either be to increase the repair bills in the server to x3 the original cost (to encourage nerds to wear cheap shit and not buttplate) or just make it so each team has a uniform that is automatically equipped at the start of the round, like a tunic or some shit.

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 03:00:54 am »
+2
+1 iDaze, rageball seems like such a well made gamemode but its not being treated that way by this shit community.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 05:13:31 am »
I havent played rageball in a long time but I remember a lot of people treating it like team deathmatch rather than a distinct mode all its own.

It can be useful to try and keep someone busy or prevent them from doing anything useful but when half the server is doing that.. it really does kill the game.

Offline Wolfsblood

• Baron
  • Renown: 145
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boner
  • Game nicks: Wolfsblood_MB, Wolfsfang
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 05:58:26 am »
maybe to keep it from becoming teamdeathmatch, make it so that players can only be damaged within a few meters of the ball...say 5 meters?

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2013, 06:41:35 am »
+2
I mean shit if there were still devs working on cRPG these would be fantastic suggestions.

(click to show/hide)
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline spiritus

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Spiritus_de_Deceptio ---- Beeep
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2013, 04:13:19 pm »
The main problem with rageball is that whenever it gets semi-populated (around 10-15ish people), it starts getting filled with europkuyak2hheros who contribute nothing to the team but treat the server like its team death match. This eventually causes everyone to get anally flustered and leave. Good way to fix this would either be to increase the repair bills in the server to x3 the original cost (to encourage nerds to wear cheap shit and not buttplate) or just make it so each team has a uniform that is automatically equipped at the start of the round, like a tunic or some shit.
Thats what i do i just kill everything!

Offline Lemon

• Strategus Councillor
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2013, 06:04:10 am »
So what you're saying is you endorse the behavior that kills rageball..  :?

Offline bilwit

• Agent provocateur
  • Count
  • Renown: 275
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The toast is anarchy!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Billy_Whitmore, Andre_Whitmore, Gideon_Stargrave
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2013, 05:42:34 pm »
+1
I havent played rageball in a long time but I remember a lot of people treating it like team deathmatch rather than a distinct mode all its own.

It can be useful to try and keep someone busy or prevent them from doing anything useful but when half the server is doing that.. it really does kill the game.

That's kind of why it's so great since the few people who actually play mode how it's supposed to be played get to sit on 5x all day :lol:.

Most of us are currently living off relatives, friends, parttime-jobs or savings, to be able to work as much and cheaply as possible.